Wonder Woman: Black & Gold | Book Discussion (Spoilers Ahead!)

This is everything!!! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I hope everything is okay or getting better! I love it when a comic seems to be written just for me at the time of reading it. Black & Gold is filled with those moments.

7 Likes

:00_wonder_woman_gold::black_heart: Issue 2: Again, I enjoyed all of the stories. Without Love, Homecoming, and The Acquaintance stood out the most.

Without Love: Starts on an effective ominous note, had some nice moody artwork, and a mind game among one of my all-time favorite dysfunctional comic families. A lovely message too. Thank you, Mariko Tamaki!

Homecoming: Textless, and that’s why it’s one of my favorites. It didn’t need words, but broke my heart a little anyway. Great addition to the collection.

The Acquaintance: I knew I’d like this one the second I saw Circe (hey, Circe! :full_moon_with_face:) The artwork was playful, and went really well w/ the relatable characterizations. The true MVP, though was the guinea pig. Aka: Clark.

Ps.

@D4RK5TARZ :eyes: Googles… I’m due for some omnibus purchases…

giphy
What @Angel212 said. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

I appreciate you and @Angel212 and your encouragement. The problem is more cracking open any comic, digital or otherwise.

8 Likes

Today was the first good day at work in awhile! Thank you for the kind thoughts. :blush:

Me too! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I agree, there are a lot of great life messages in these stories so far. :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Btw I took a look at the 80th WW hardcover today at the book store. I didn’t buy it because I actually prefer the regular cover to the B&N exclusive one. But also I want to research a little bit to see what stories are in it before I pick it up. :open_book:

7 Likes

:star_struck:

Also, Issue 4 is out this Tuesday and I am hyped. :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

8 Likes

Happy Issue #4 Release Day!

Today was pretty rough for me, so it was nice to have this to look forward to on my lunch break.

My favorite story in this one was “Prayer.” In my (extremely biased) opinion, Nicola Scott can do no wrong.

Besides having gorgeous art, this story got points in my book for featuring a mythical creature and the goddess Artemis, and for having a simple yet heartrending story.

Anyone else pick this up today?

8 Likes

I got my copy before I had to clock in for work. I am hoping to read it tonight or Friday at the latest.

6 Likes

Like @D4RK5TARZ, I didn’t get a chance to read yet—I’ve got a couple that landed yesterday, but I’ll be back!! :muscle::purple_heart:

[edit] :coffee:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/collider.com/wonder-woman-3-release-date-cast-trailer-filming-details/amp/

9 Likes

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts, @D4RK5TARZ and @Razzzcat!

Also, happy anniversary, @D4RK5TARZ! :tada:

6 Likes

Basically no real details yet, but still: HYPE.

I hope they bring in young Diana one last time, that actress is amazing. (Give her a series, HBO Max??)

And please let my boy be in it, even if it’s just a flashback.

9 Likes

There’s WAYS! :full_moon_with_face:

Oh and here’s a thing:

7 Likes

There certainly are ways, many of which have a basis in comic arcs, depending on how much they want to lean into it. I’ll keep hoping! (Who can say no to these eyes?)

I was looking at that book earlier! Non-fiction isn’t usually my thing, but it looks pretty awesome… :thinking:

5 Likes

Issue One of Wonder Woman: Black and Gold is now available on DCUI! I believe this is a special early addition for Fandome.

Wonder Woman Black & Gold #1

If you read it, feel free to join in our discussion on this thread! :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

For newer’ish comics. This is the only one besides Harleen where I knew on the 1st page it was gonna be something special.

Can’t wait for more. Ty @Angel212 for the heads up & link to this thread!!!

8 Likes

Welcome, @capo-mage! Glad you like it so far and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the rest. :blush:

4 Likes

:smiley: Thank You!!!

5 Likes

We Built a New World was a beautiful Diana and Steve story! Definitely pulled on my heartstrings. This was actually the first Black and Gold I’ve read. I’m definitely interested in reading more.

9 Likes

Ah!! What a story to start with! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: If my new avatar pic is any indication, this is now my favorite standalone Diana/Steve story I’ve read. Sometimes I think the anthologies capture their relationship better because they’re not afraid to lean into the purity of their interactions in short story format. (Whereas the main storylines seem to be opposed to maintaining happy relationships for any length of time. :upside_down_face:)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @c02goddess.16092! If you read more Black and Gold, I hope you’ll come back to the thread and let us know what you think! :blush:

6 Likes

Hey @capo-mage! Welcome! :hugs: You too, @c02goddess.16092! :purple_heart:

Ps. Here’s some things…

10 Likes