WONDER WOMAN 1984 šŸ“ŗ Watch-Along/Trivia! MONDAY šŸ’„ 11/21 @ 5pm PST/8p EST

Hey there, everybody! Another :dc: movie night is upon us, and as an intrepid bunch, we thought itā€™d be fun to hop in our trusty time-machine once more! :face_with_monocle: Our destination? THE YEAR 1984!! Weā€™ve got Cheetah, Max, splosions, trivia, music, and most importantly, our beloved Captain Trevor! :tada: Join us!

Details belowā€¦

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020): Diana Prince, Amazon warrior, lives secretly among mortals as an archaeologist in the vibrant & tumultuous 1980sā€”an era of excess, driven by the pursuit of having it all, and when a mysterious ancient artifact that grants wishes goes missing, the world is sent down a path of TOTAL destruction (:expressionless: Thnx Duke). Can Diana muster the strength, wisdom and courage to put right all that has gone wrong? Gotta tune in to find out! :popcorn: Hope to see you here!

:boom: Quizzes & Games: From now until showtime, weā€™ve got early 80ā€™s nostalgia and flashbacks aplenty, and FIRST UP: The :dc_history_club: #dc-history-club invites you to test your :call_me_hand: totally tubular (or possibly gnarly) trivia prowess on the year 1984! The DCU 80ā€™s party begins :point_right: RIGHT HERE: 1984 Quiz!

:boom: Watch-Along Trivia Game (brought to you by the honorable @Angel212 & your friendly neighborhood @Razzzcat): Shout out the answers to fill in the squares and claim the secret prize!

PLEASE NOTE: Youā€™ll need your own access to the movie. Itā€™s available on HBOMax OR! You can rent it right :arrow_right: HERE. Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got youā€”just ask and weā€™ll get you on track.
Rated: PG-13, Runtime: 151 minutes

:wondersquadron2: Contact @Razzzcat or @Angel212 below if you have any questions.

26 Likes

:wondersquadron1: Looking for some books to read?? Join us for our November Movember Book Club guest of honor this month: Captain Trevor!

And hereā€™s some mood music: :notes: Once again (and since weā€™re in 1984), this one is going out to Chris Pine and his beautiful blue eyesā€¦ :full_moon_with_face: Hey, Christopher.

And this one is a no-brainer :dancer:t2: Enjoy.

14 Likes

:closed_book: For anyone looking for more info on some of the characters featured in the movie: :wondersquadron1: Wonder Woman: Encyclopedia of Villains Profiles

19 Likes

The DC History Club proudly presents:
The 1984 Quiz.

The year was 1984, Apple went meta with a 1984 commercial, Helen Slater was Supergirl, Miss America had her crown stripped because she had stripped, and Alan Moore began his run on Swamp Thing. Think you know the year or you just like guessing on random quizzes? This is the place for you.

1. In George Orwellā€™s 1984 what math equation is used to torment the main character?
  • 1 + 1 = 2
  • The quadratic equation
  • 2 + 2 = 5
  • Nothing plus nothing equals nothing

0 voters

1. Only five albums held the top selling position during 1984, two of those were soundtracks. In addition to Princeā€™s Purple Rain, what sound track hit number #1 on the album charts in 1984?
  • Dirty Dancing
  • Flashdance
  • Footloose
  • Top Gun

0 voters

1. Magnum P.I. was a top twenty television show in '84, the same year Magnumā€™s favorite baseball team won the World Series over the San Diego Padres. What is the name of that team?
  • New York Yankees
  • Detroit Tigers
  • Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Chicago Cubs

0 voters

1. Which actor from Matt Reeves The Batman was born in 1984?
  • Robert Pattinson
  • Jeffrey Wright
  • Paul Dano
  • Zoe Kravitz

0 voters

1. Hasbro launched a perennial best selling toy line in 1984 that also appeared in cartoons, comics, and a mind-numbing movie series. What was that toy line?
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Transformers
  • He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
  • Care Bears

0 voters

1. What was the name of the DC Comics series launched in 1984 starring the Silver Scarab and Fury?
  • Infinity Inc.
  • Adventures of New Teen Titans
  • The Justice Society
  • League of Superheroes

0 voters

1. What was introduced in the Soviet Union in 1984 that marked the zenith of Communist acheivement?
  • Tetris
  • McDonalds
  • The book 1984
  • The sci-fi classic Solaris

0 voters

1. Super-Random Bonus Question: In 1984, @msgtv walked into a high-desert bar outside Fort Huachuca and asked a beautiful girl to dance and they married ten months later. What was the name of that bar?
  • Thunder Mountain Inn
  • The Sorry Gulch Saloon
  • The Sin of Cortez
  • Ricardoā€™s

0 voters

What, that seems too random. Well, add your own random 1984 related quiz question on anything in a post below and get one point credit.

Answer Key

1. 2 + 2 = 5
  2. Footloose
  3. Detroit Tigers
  4. Paul Dano
  5. Transformers
  6. Infinity Inc.
  7. Tetris
  8. The Sin of Cortez

Score Card:
1-3: Gnarly
4-6: Tubular
7-+: Radical

17 Likes

I donā€™t remember Duke of Deception in the movie! Thatā€™s so cool that heā€™s there!

9 Likes

Iā€™m going to try to make it to this one, I loved this movie. :yellow_heart:

11 Likes

This movie has a special place in my heart. Iā€™m so excited for this! :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

:eyes: We donā€™t often see the Duke these days, but they discover he is responsible for creating the stone ā€¦because of course :expressionless: that little weasel would make something like that. :laughing: Hope you can join us @Jurisdiction ā€”you too @Ultrasonic! :purple_heart:

14 Likes

:partying_face: :wondersquadron1: (Hereā€™s a thing, btw, everybody)

15 Likes

Yay! Will def be here!

paging @SteveTrevor2.0- WW84 WAL. :smiley:

9 Likes

Iā€™m not telling you all how to live your life, but shouldnā€™t you already own everything Wonder Woman? :00_wonder_woman_1982: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_stars: :0_wonder_woman: :wonderwoman: :halloween_wonderwoman: :wondersquadron1::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

10 Likes

Iā€™m so old I still use most of those 80s termsā€¦

7 Likes

On a sad note, I wonā€™t be able to make it for this one. As always, what I want to do falls on my day to work. Hope you all have a great time and Iā€™m looking forward to the trivia questionsā€¦

7 Likes

I mean, this is definitely how I try to live my life! :rofl:

Sorry to hear you canā€™t make it, @MovieAddict :pleading_face:

9 Likes

Thanks for the invite! Itā€™s gonna be past my bedtime (I work pretty early in the morning), but Iā€™ll be there in spirit. Hope you all have a great time!

8 Likes

:hugs:

6 Likes

Totally get that. (Itā€™s past my bedtime, too. :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

Hey @MovieAddict! Been a min. :purple_heart: Hope youā€™ve been well. Also, ā€œGRODYā€ is hands down my favorite. I want to start using it all the time now. :laughing: Ew, grody!

I thought of something music-nerdy/year-appropriate earlier. I know youā€™re a fan too, and I have it on good authority that Gal Gadot is as well, so since youā€™re hereā€”this oneā€™s for you!

(ahem) :face_with_monocle: This week in November of 1984, Madonna released the single ā€œLike a Virginā€. It would reach Number 1 by December, stay there for a six more weeks, and go 3x platinum by the end of January. :purple_heart: Enjoy! :dancer:t2: :notes: :microphone: (starts dramatically singing along)

14 Likes

That is the song that made me a fan of her. A classic that never goes out of styleā€¦

7 Likes

There was a ton of great music released in 1984 and Iā€™m preparing a cool little playlist to spin here for an hour or two before showtime!

7 Likes