Weekly Art Challenge #39 & 40, Submission Thread

WeeklyChallenge3839
You do not have to be a member of the DC Fan Art Club to submit to this thread, but we’d love to welcome you to the group! Find out more here.

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

13 Likes

Tried the deco style but it kind of got away from me.

13 Likes

I think it comes through superbly. Great piece!

6 Likes

Thank you! It is weird working in a style you aren’t used to. I think that is what makes it fun

5 Likes

Give me a character I am not familiar with drawing I am ok with. Lots of references no problem.
Make me draw it in a style I have never done…lots more challenging. Even after I looked up the description of art nouveau I still didn’t get it so I pored over images by Alphonse Mucha to get the idea.
Here is my Rebirth Black Canary done in the art nouveau style (I hope). I hope I did this right.

PS I know the logo is not Rebirth but it seemed to fit the art style better. I hope you don’t mind this little cheat.
PS times 2: I thought it would be a good idea to have the curtains on the sides look like fishnets to complement the costume.

13 Likes

Great job! I know I had never done the art style before and word description of what it was didn’t help. Only by viewing artwork in the style was I able to imitate it for lack of better word. But yours is done very well and I like the spirals for the cry!!

7 Likes

Rebirth era Black Canary in Art Nouveau style.
Making that border was a lot harder than I was expecting.

12 Likes

Nice work, these Nouveau borders are way harder than they appear.

7 Likes

Deco take 2

Without the canary shape in the background which I think I prefer

10 Likes

These have all be really great and fun but I really like this last one! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Thank you! That really means a lot! I have an idea for the surreal picture but I am not sure I will post it unless I can get it exactly how I want it. Stupid digital learning curve!

7 Likes

Great design! I like the version without the Canary symbol better as well.

7 Likes

Great Black Canary pose!! I really like the addition of the fishnet curtains. Great work!!

7 Likes

Very nicely done! I like the stark black and white choice, it seems perfect for the piece.

7 Likes

Super artsy! I think is perfect for the challenge. IMHO I like the canary background.

6 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Thanks Rob. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

5 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ
That’s awesome™:+1:
Really like the background and transparency with the cry.
The other decos are nice too. The text on the came out great.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Awesome™:+1:
Cool idea with the fish nets curtains/drapes.

@JKoco17
Awesome™:+1:
Like the ribbon twisting and the hair flow.

8 Likes

This is Injustice 2 Canary in Art Nouveau style. First time doing it like how it turned out.

9 Likes

Wow, very nice. I like the mixing of the colors with the canary cry circles.

5 Likes