DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #39 & 40, March 21 - April 3

WeeklyChallenge3839

Hey hey! Time for another masterful team-up with @Razzzcat! This time she and @BirdsofPrey are putting us to the test. This was originally intended to be a Monthly Challenge, but because I’m late, we’re going to use it as an extended Weekly Challenge.

Challenge:

Due: April 3
Submit: Post your final work here. Works-In-Progress should be shared in this thread. :+1:

@DCFanArtClub

Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines.

14 Likes

Just looked at the results never done canary or the style before sounds like a blast.

8 Likes

Just saw the top three where put up. Now I have to think which one to do​:thinking:

9 Likes

I like Deco and Nouveau a lot (though lack the skill/free time to probably put a decent nouveau work out). I’ll see what I can do here. :slight_smile: I’m a big fan of Dinah and I want to make this a good one.

9 Likes

Looking forward to what you two come up with! I’m kinda leaning toward surreal, since I’ve never tried that before

9 Likes

:raised_hands: :00_black_canary: Can’t wait to see what you all come up with! Big thank you to @CynicalPink and all of you awesome DCFAC members- both for the @BirdsofPrey team up, and for all the EyeCandy you share with us! :purple_heart:

This :point_down: is gonna be me in here all week…

15 Likes

Challenge accepted!

10 Likes

Yes! Love Black Canary :metal: I’ve been addicted to Injustice 2 so if I can find the time I’m totally doing that look

11 Likes

:star_struck: Yes, please.

9 Likes

9 Likes

Uh…that would have been me. I saw this thread and in my pre-coffee stupor thought “Poll? I gotta vote!” and didn’t realize it was probably too late. Sorry about that. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

(though thank you for your attempted participation)

10 Likes

@CynicalPink this will be an interesting one for me to try. I have not done too much with Black Canary (White Canary yes and Zatanna has fishnets but still). And the added challenge of doing it in a certain art style is just I don’t know. I feel like I have pulled this out of a hat like on Whose Line is it Anyways and am just freezing up before I see my way to the result.

7 Likes

Very cool challenge @Razzzcat, BOP, and @CynicalPink

I’m very pumped!! I’ve always wanted to draw Canary now this just gives me the push to do it. And her rebirth version is just beautiful!!

8 Likes

Actually may end up sitting this one out too, I injured my right hand at work today! Should be healed by next week but I look forward to seeing what everyone turns out. Will at least post the pencils/sketches I had though.

EDIT: These are what I had started.

5 Likes

Looking great so far. That bike is awesome. They’re hard to draw, and you’ve got a tricky perspective happening on top of it. Hope your hand heals up quick!

3 Likes

I love that design too!

3 Likes

As a huge former fan of that show, I’m delighted at this comparison. :smiley:

2 Likes

My hand is doing a lot better, thanks! Outside of comics and drawing bikes are one of my passions. Like anything in drawing it helps to break it down to its components- which bikes tend to have quite a few of (wheels, forks, handlebars, headlight, engine/transmission/chain, frame, etc etc).

While I combined aspects of different bikes my main idea was for it to be a deco-fied (those details were inspired by the BTAS Batcycle) take on the Triumph Rocket III.

4 Likes

I hope your hand gets better. I would love to see the end product, cause that bike looks amazing already!

3 Likes