Tech Tuesday: The Haunting. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

@Kelex roll 1d7

4 Likes

:game_die: 5

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d7

3 Likes

:game_die: 7

2 Likes

Miracle Machine

I wish on the Miracle Machine to teleport me and the doll to Earth 42, home of the Little League and a G-rated world without violence. I then am able to retire without having to worry about the struggles of life.

5 Likes

Life is good,
dramatic pause
but it can be better

Oh, grow up! Toys in the 31st century always talk to you, most likely because of when the robots won the war when Googā€¦ whoops. Spoilers. Letā€™s get on with it.

How blunt.

Funny story: I used a random number generator to decide what to watch on HBO Max, and every option I went with coincidentally landed on a ghost-themed episode.
At risk of being haunted by a ghost-like creature,
@Kelex roll 1d7

5 Likes

:game_die: 6

2 Likes

You did what you had to :+1:

4 Likes

First of all, I am glad saving the animals last week went over well enough to be included in the poll. Thanks!

Next, possessed doll :grimacing: dolls have freaked me out ever since I saw a certain movie with the red headed possessed doll (who shall not be named!)when I was very young so Iā€™m gonna make sure this thing is done for.

Since I got wild card I did some looking to see what weapons in DC would be good for this situation and I decided on the Ace of Winchesters. Iā€™m probably just gonna shoot the doll a lot to make sure I got it and then shoot a window out so I can leave. But first I might put some salt around the perimeter of the house to make sure the demon doll canā€™t follow me. Because Iā€™m paranoid. :eyes:

Also how did I get in the house if itā€™s all locked up? Iā€™m guessing demon dolls faultā€¦

7 Likes

Multi-Cube

I use the lasers or corrosive gas to destroy the doll.
In case the ghost manifests, I fight the ghost best I can with the stun and corrosive gases until dawn, all the while running away, keeping my distance (Ć  la COVID), maybe getting the ghost to confess its origin story (as villains oft say to me), and opening some curtains to give the place some natural light when morning comes.
I use the winch to pull open the door (or a window, in case the door is too heavy) to leave the house. I also jury rig a sign saying the house is condemned/haunted, leaving the ghost all by his lonesome.

When the ordeal is over, I criticize my sister Yera for giving my niece a haunted toy.

7 Likes

@kelex roll 1d7

3 Likes

:game_die: 1

2 Likes

Assuming Arkham series rules where you have three explosive gel charges max:

1. Blast the window open with explosive gel charge #1
  2. Grab the doll
  3. Jump out the window
  4. Roll on landing to hurt less
  5. Stick remaining two charges to the doll
  6. Get a minimum safe distance
  7. BOOM
6 Likes

@Jurisdiction

An interesting choice! Donā€™t forget your pals here in the community when you get that $1m home OK? :wink:

@ctrl.flirt.del

Welcome to Tech Tuesday! Always an exciting time when we get new members :slight_smile: Iā€™m gonna run through a quick fire question round for you.

Itā€™s your house!

An evil spirit inhabits the doll. He doesnā€™t like you.

To let you know that it doesnā€™t like you.

I think this may be a conversation that needs to be had with your sibling :eyes:

9KCIeJi

Ryan Reynolds will thank you! I saw that he only recently watched the movie himself and live tweeted the experience. Beautiful.

@RexRebel

You figure that the inside is just that much safer huh? I respect it! Just hope that the sun doesnā€™t come out :eyes:

@THE_OneAndOnly_Official_Batman

Unbannedā€¦ for now.

(The daggers possess the ability to drain the life force of their target). Just gotta figure out what to do with the daggers afterwards :slight_smile:

@Row.Harper

The throwback! Iā€™m here for it. Save the kittens!

The Tech Tuesday equivalent of ā€˜Burn the house down with the spider in itā€™ I suppose.

This is really a learning moment for all of us. Iā€™m sure Aquaman will get a shark to eat it or something, right?

@Reaganfan78

Getting major Chucky vibes here. I donā€™t like it :joy:

Go for the eyes! Smart move.

Quick thinking. Now, time to move house/state/country/planet at your earliest convenience :slight_smile:

@Detective7

An easy win, really! I feel like the inhabitants of the Phantom Zone might torment it more though.

I giggled at the fact that youā€™re not even anxious to leave the house. This whole scenario feels like it was a minor annoyance to you :joy:

@stefanie.m

He sure is! He has a bunch of friends too :slight_smile:

Accurate.

This thread is slowly turning into ways to torment the doll rather than escape it. Youā€™re all so resilient and slightly terrifying :joy:

@HubCityQuestion

As always I didnā€™t see this as a potential option for this scenario! I guess, when the living person turns out to be evil, you can just reabsorb him into the daggers too. Problem solved :sweat_smile:

@thedarkheir713

Welcome to the community and to Tech Tuesday! Itā€™s a pleasure to meet you :smiley:

As Jurisdiction pointed out, you need to type ā€œ@Kelexā€ rather than ā€œ@kelixā€. Let us know if you need any assistance! :slight_smile:

@TheRealDetectiveShoe

Incredible. I have no other words for this solution. 10/10.

@SpoilerAlert88

My pleasure :slight_smile:

Watching the reboot on a flight as an adult wasnā€™t a much better experience if Iā€™m honest :grimacing:

A very stylish choice aside from anything else!

Salt & Iron is the ultimate combo as I understand it! Make absolutely certain :slight_smile:

The doll waited for the perfect moment (i.e. when you entered the house) to seal them.

@ReepDaggle

Great start!

Social distancing during a cube fightā€¦ What a time to be alive!

Iā€™d like to hear this origin story, honestly.

Maybe burn the whole thing down, just to be certain?

Absolutely. Send her to some parenting classes or something.

@KingOfTheWickerPeople

Always Arkham Series rules where applicable!

Good start!

Stick the landing!

Aaaaaaaaand scene. A wonderfully simply solution! :clap:

11 Likes

This is my favorite Tech Tuesday to date. Canā€™t wait to see what else everyone can come up with! :blue_heart:

8 Likes

Believe or not Iā€™ve never seen a chucky movie. :slightly_smiling_face: I was thinking of Baby-Doll!

6 Likes

:game_die: 6

4 Likes

Can I just say I always enjoy reading your responses to our scenarios. They make me laugh just as much as the scenarios do.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve lived in Gotham for most of my life so Iā€™ve seen a lot weirder than a doll who doesnā€™t like me.

7 Likes

Me too!

4 Likes