Tech Tuesday: The Blizzard. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup:

This week, you find yourself in New York in February. There’s been a huge snowstorm of epic proportions and your home is 100% snowed in. It’s up to you to find a way to keep warm or find your way out. Luckily, Kelex takes pity on you and gives you a particularly hot gadget. Roll to find out what you received!

How It Works:

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday :slight_smile:

Gadgets Details

1. The Weather Wand - You get one choice, but you can bend the weather to your will!

2. Psi-Scimitar - It’s 50% charged. Do you have the heart of a warrior?

3. 3x Qwa-Bolts - Their properties vary depending on the user’s needs. Use them wisely!

4. 2x Batman’s Thermite Grenades - Designed to burn through metal, but I’m sure a little snow won’t hurt.

5. Mick Rory’s Heat Gun - It’s… It’s a flamethrower.

6. Wildcard - You get to choose your gadget!

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d7

2 Likes

:game_die: 7

2 Likes

:thinking:Um Houston we have a problem, there’s no number 7.
Superman came to my rescue and melt all the snow around my house with his heat vision, I’m safe! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey RF!

Thanks for letting us know! I’ve updated the topic to reflect 6, not 7, possibilities. Go ahead and roll again! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thankyou. :laughing:
@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 3

2 Likes

To make sure I would stay warm during the winter, I restore the power to use 3x Qwa-Bolts, so electricity won’t go out.
So I use the phone to call a snow plower, to remove the snow with the help of JSA!:grinning:
The End…

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 3

3 Likes

haha, I intuitively clicked on my name, but I actually wanted to vote for Casual Win. Onto the next…

@Kelex roll 1d7

4 Likes

:game_die: 7

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 5

2 Likes

I put one bolt on a plate on my kitchen table, one on a plate next to my bed, and one at the front door.

The bolts in the kitchen and in my room will give me heat, and the bolt at the door would give off so much heat, the snow/ice outside will start to melt, allowing me to leave.

3 Likes

It’s cool* that I made the poll :blush:
*Pun not intended

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 1

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d7

3 Likes

:game_die: 1

3 Likes

YES!

Nix Nauticis: I move the snow to cool of those oceanic icebergs that keep melting.
Chron Ozone: I reverse the collapsing of the ozone layer best I can by temporally reversing its CO2 intake.
Xoz Ylow Procella: I whip up one of those Dorothyesque tornadoes to take me back home because, for some reason, I’m in New York on a February.

I keep the magic wand. I’m off to watch TV.

4 Likes