Stargirl Season 2 Going to CW, Reportedly Leaving DC Universe

So what else did we lose to HBO MAX???

All the animated videos we lost on July 1 went directly to. HBO Max

Unfortunately most of these videos were part 0f the 15 movies that ends with Justice League Dark: Apokolips War which we will get in mid August.

You need to watch thesr vidros to fully understand and enjoy the last film

We kost

Flashpont
Justice League War
Throne of Atlantis
Justice League versus Teen Totans
Suicide Squad
Justice League Dark

Among others

Alll of which
Introduce the characters
And the storylines
Which conclude in
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

For example
The relationship.between
Raven.and Damien Wayne
Is intriduced and explored
In Justice League versus Teen Titans

Why the Demon Etrigan
Is no longer bound
To Jason.Blood
And now
Just drinks and feels depressed
Happens in the climax of
Justice League Dark

DCU does have
the first rwo of the
Damien Wayne triology
Son.of Batman
Batman vs Robin
Are here
The last video
Batman Bad Blood
was on HBO Max Now YouTube
A lot is lost
When Damien Wayne
Says that his father Batman
Had taught him to seek
ā€œJustice not Vengenceā€

The two main villains of the last film
Are introduced in
Justice League War
And
Justice League versus Teen Titans
Without watching those videos
The massive power of each villian
Has not bern experienced
By the subscriber

The ending of
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Is not fully
understandable
Without having watched
Flashpoint

Edit
Batman.Bad Blood
Justice League Dark
Moved from HBO Max to. YouTube

3 Likes

Thanks 4 this! I didnā€™t know.

It is strange why Stargirl has gone just to CW. Maybe the show didnā€™t gel as well on here and theyā€™re still wanting to keep this for mature shows, as Stargirl was the only one I could watch with my son.

I think what youā€™re seeing on this thread and others is that a not insignificant number of members signed up for DCU mainly for the streaming aspect.

4 Likes

And theyā€™re very vocalā€¦but a lot of us came for the comics.

4 Likes

Itā€™s confusing is all. The ā€œstreaming firstā€ crowd seems to be pretty negative about the future of this application. Iā€™d be genuinely upset if this app folds, but almost 100% of that sadness would be over losing the comics. Iā€™m probably going to have to remove myself because I canā€™t handle the negativity. I take the ā€œprintā€ stuff personally, and I didnā€™t know until just now.

6 Likes

Come over to polls polls polls in the Iceberg Lounge and have some fun. Donā€™t leave us :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not leaving this place. I mean the conversation. :hugs:
Iā€™ll see ya in polls, polls, polls.

And Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m so grouchy and opinionated. I really donā€™t do it to be a jerk.

5 Likes

Nonsense. Uh, the jerk part, not the statement as a whole :joy:

3 Likes

Actually, I am already going from DC to Marvel, despite having favored the former for a long time. Iā€™m a subscriber to Disney+, and I like its offerings, including dubbing in several languages. (Iā€™m a polyglot.) At least I will be able to watch Stargirl for free during its second season.

2 Likes

There are some CW shows, like Black Lightning, that have 16 episodes per season. If this year is any indication, then the second season of Stargirl will start no earlier than the spring, and the spring shows usually have 13-episode seasons.

Stargirl Season 2ā€™s debut is some months off. Why would you need to get a refund NOW for something that youā€™re not missing out on NOW?

7 Likes

Man, we really go through this doom-and-gloom every time any announcement about any DC properties is made.

But seriouslyā€¦ I long stopped looking at this as a streaming service and started seeing it as a comics with bonus streaming content service. For me the comics are more than worth the price of admission. I am totally happy with a unlimited comic book only platform. But I understand all the gripes.

Iā€™ve also long understood that ā€œcomic book fansā€ today are really ā€œ(tv and movies based on) comic book fans.ā€ So again I understand the gripes. In the future DCU needs to better market this product so itā€™s clear what subscribers are getting.

But everyone should remember that if it wasnā€™t for CW jumping in there wouldnā€™t be any Stargirl season two, or if it wasnā€™t for HBOMax we would not be getting any Green Lantern show (if thatā€™s still a thing). These shows cost tens/hundreds of millions $ to make and this little service is not going to pull in that type of money. I guess DCU learned a lot of lessons in the first year and had to make adjustments to their business to continue.

13 Likes

Well said.

2 Likes

Titans season three was supposed to happen in September before covid happened

4 Likes

Here is the Link to the FanDome survey

I did screenshots and below is the list of Topics Area

DC Universe is not listed,
Though HBO MAX is

Maybe we should thank them
For their honesty
Of the worth (or lack.of)
Of DC Universe

Aquaman

Ask Harley Quinn

Batwoman

Black Adam

Black Lightning

Comic Book & Animation Writers

Costume Designers

DC Collectibles Panel

DC Comic Publishing

DC General

DC Showcase Collection - Batman:
Death in the Family

DC Super Hero Girls

DC TV and Film Props

DCā€™s Legends of Tomorroow

Deathstroke

Denys Cowan (DC)

Doom Patrol

Geoff Johns (DC)

Greg Berlanti (TV)

Harley Quinn (Animation)

HBO Max

Jim Lee (DC)

Legion of Superheroes

Milestonhe

Pennyworth

Sam Register (Animation)

Sandman

Shazam!

Stargirl

Supergirl

Superman & Lois

Superman: Man of Tomorro

Teen Titans Go!

The Batman

The Flash (Movie)

The Flash (TV)

The Suicide Squad

Titans

TV&Film Visual Effects

Video Games

Wonder Woman 1984

Young Justice Outsiders

Zack Snyder

5 Likes

Unfortunately, some recent decisions have been ticking off the actual comic fans on here, too (see especially the removal of the annual subscription option and the cancellation of DC Daily). The frustrating thing right now isnā€™t that the site seems to be going in a different direction, but that it seems to be doing things that suggest that there is no direction.

15 Likes

I am completely disappointed and irritated that all the DC Universe original content is headed to other platforms and/or being cancelled. Original content was the primary driver for my subscription.

3 Likes

Geez first Swamp thing, now this. cant say i will be able justify my yearly subscription to this service much longer. iā€™m so disappointed.

2 Likes