Stargirl Season 2 Going to CW, Reportedly Leaving DC Universe

Wow I don’t want to make anyone feel bad but this is bad news quality always goes down with filler episodes on the CW they should have sold it to HBO max but more importantly there is only one or two shows left here it just looks like DC universe is selling off all there shows so they can close up shop it truly is a sad day for original content made by and for fans I will still watch star girl but I stopped watching the flash 2 seasons ago when they just started talking for five to ten min monologues at a time over most of all there shows added filler and only got down to the point around the first part and last parts of a season with very little action in-between DC always engage the audience with actual content the hole way through yes less episodes between 10 and 13 but always fun like mini movies with real cinematic graphics and dialogue that actually progressed the story in the episode you were watching it’s just heart breaking :broken_heart: I love star girl and was looking forward to season two now I’m absolutely concerned it will end up being like wasting a considerable amount of time and I’m a huge fan so I will always watch just I don’t know it’s a sad day for me for sure rip star girl

2 Likes

Wow, that was a long sentence.

3 Likes

People seem to not understand that the removal of an annual subscription isn’t a change in direction of the app, it’s a sign that the app doesn’t have a future at all

3 Likes

Absolutely. That’s another bad deal they can chalk up on the tally boards. An alliance with CW the network (to produce the best show on DCU) that’s already sputtering out and has a reputation for sub-par content.

Good for the CW. I just feel it won’t be the same when The CW takes the reins.

1 Like

Right now though, the show is really good. It’s my favorite show. Regardless this first season is so strong I bet the second gets a lot of eye balls/new fans who are eager for more.

1 Like

It would be nice if HBO Max would complete it’s contracts with streaming services like Amazon Fire or Roku. Cut the cable years ago.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s a sign that the site is about to be shut down, but it’s at least an indicator that no one is behind the wheel at the executive level. Who is driving? Bear is driving.

6 Likes

I worded it poorly, it’s a sign that AT&T won’t commit to the app beyond next June

4 Likes

I think the lack of an annual sub is a sign that they aren’t committing to the service being here in the form we’ve come to know, expect, and see advertised. The service could go away completely, convert to just comics, or shrink to comics and only the random media bits no one else wants (old cartoons, shows, movies, shorts, interviews, etc.). I think it’s too early for me to expect complete termination.

As for Stargirl, wasn’t S1 a joint venture with CW? The show is already there, and I thought I saw it free on their app the day after. I don’t really get the point of ‘exclusive’ for content that goes online for free the next day. Are ratings counted differently or something?

3 Likes

The only downsides for it streaming on 2 services is audience and exclusivity. CW will want to make it more catered to their channel, and want more viewers by making it exclusive to them, otherwise they’d probably just cancel it if the numbers aren’t strong here on DCU. I love the show, but won’t be watching on CW (their app and website are horrible, waiting a year+ to watch on HBO Max is too long between seasons)

How can this become a comic-only app when they still don’t show a read label on comics? It’s already tracked and can’t be bothered to add a button.

1 Like

It seemed like Stargirl wasn’t a part of the CW til’ last minute. The lead actress for Stargirl said they didn’t know the show was going to be on the CW until they were filming the final episode for Season 1.

She said this during her interview with Kevin Smith on his Fatman Beyond Live show.

Unless this is just a normal thing that can happen during t.v. productions then idk. You’d figure those type of deals would be made prior to the show filming and for the actors to be aware.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m confused. Swamp Thing is coming to CW, Stargirl is going to HBOMax? And DCU could be gone as well?

Makes no sense. Are TT and DP eventually headed to CW as well?

Watch it. I have insomnia and Batman TAS has saved my butt more nights than you know these past two years. :wink:

3 Likes

DP and Titans and can’t hold on the CW, too much swearing.

The app for iPad shows if comics have been read. I’m not sure in other operating systems.

1 Like

:frowning_face: Maybe it’s for the best, right now i just feel that my heart has been ripped apart. Like that wonderful dream state that couldn’t be disturbed

They can keep my 8 bucks the rest of this season, but this service is doomed if they cant even keep their own hits! what a shame!!!
l

Yep, it does that on the website as well :+1:

1 Like