Stargirl Season 2 Going to CW, Reportedly Leaving DC Universe

I think they should keep this streaming service going. It’s a great marketing tool for them.

3 Likes

That is true

If the public knew.the service existed

There is little marketing to the public
Occasionally I see something on YouTube

Stargirl viewers on the CW
are not told that DC Universe exists

Even the climax to
Crisis on Infinite Earths on the CW
Which shows the DC Universe
Original Content shows
At the end of the last episode
Does not indicate
In any way where these shows are available

If there is content that interests
The non comic book.reader

If it is cheap enough to add
When there are so many competing services

It takes a while
For new members
To use community

They are at a loss on.
What comics book are
Great
Understandable for beginners
We have no list of where to start first
My list is noway official

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/best-dc-stories-for-new-dc-readers-a-personal-opinion/790654?u=turoksonofstone1950

So we need videos like

Batman the animated series
Justice League animated
Lynda Carter Wonder Woman
Superman the movie 1978
Tern Titans Animated
Our Original Content

To slowly get them into
Our hobby

5 Likes

Seems we should be refunded our money for this whack stuff

Seems we should be refunded our money for this whack stuff

Who owns the rights to Black Label?

DC Comicd owns Black Label

They want this brand
To be exclusive
To local Comic Book.Stores
And Comixology

So this line of comics
Were not part of the agrerment
Betwern
DC Comics
And DC Universe
On what what would be included
In our comic book.library

2 Likes

Agreed

Nah Stargirl can’t hold a candle to Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing and Harley Quinn are better

I don’t see how comparing this to Disney+ does any good. That’s is a streaming only service. One of the most appealing features of this app was always supposed to be comics… so that WB had a way to compete with Marvel Unlimited (which has now been around for almost 13 years). Are you telling me that DC no longer has enough readers to keep an app going with comic fans only and that all DC fans just want to watch tv and movies?

4 Likes

Just a typo. I was responding to the post right above mine.

It’s So Frustrating Being A DC Fan :disappointed:

Just When Things Seem To Be Back On Track, They Throw Us For Another Loop!

All The Content Is Spread Out On Different Platforms, Not Enough Original Content & Not Enough Faith In The Original Content. Promos For All The Shows Should Be Everywhere!!!

I Get That There Are Different Earths But Why Is It So Hard To Create A Universe That Makes Sense? The Source Material Is Waiting On A Silver Platter! So Many Great Stories That Need To Be Seen & Not Just Random Stories Thrown Together To Fix The Mess That’s Already Been Made!

1 Like

If the service sticks around and continues to put out original content… I think this Stargirl news is FANTASTIC!!! I think Stargirl going elsewhere might be a result of the service not putting out original content and that might be a bummer.
But think about it, if you are a fan of the show, you still get to watch it! But even better now the show is somewhere else giving us 13 weeks of a different show airing on here potentially. Basically double the DC content!!

If this service were to fold, I would not rush to sign up for HBO Max. Very little on their interests me. When the Green Lantern show comes on there, I would get the service for a month, watch the show, then cancel it. That is what I did with Disney + when the Mandalorian came out. I waited for all the episodes to drop, then got the service for only a month. This ( and Marvel Unlimited ) are the only 2 services I subscribe to month in and month out.

5 Likes

Anybody have any idea why Stargirl became a CW exclusive?

We lost a ton of our shows to HBO Max, and now we’re losing one that wasn’t even an exclusive?

Is the DC Universe just a testing ground for shows now? If they do well they ho on to bigger and better things?

Kind of feeling a bit left out of the joke here.

4 Likes

We still have Titans and Doom Patrol

I wish our subscription to DC Universe wasn’t so confusing?
I liked getting to watch Star Girl on Sunday nights before everyone else
Kinda what I thought what a streaming service was all about??

What else did we lose to HBO MAX???

I do want to point out that the DCU isn’t exactly a streaming service, for the main feature is the comics :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Though I do get frustration that we won’t get to see stuff first.

I signed on for the Titans series and young Justice…the comics I still have to buy at the shop…gotta have that in my hands experience…

1 Like