:wondersquadron1: Share Your Wonder Woman Collection Here! :wondersquadron2:

Just ran around my room and took some pics. I knew I owned a lot, but sheesh Mr. Obsessive strikes again! :laughing: That’s what happens when you pick up a thing or two here and there now and again. It adds up!

Before the tour, let’s turn on the lights and head in!

The card plays music and the little hexagon lights up. The book is for whenever I have an important decision to make that I am unsure about:

This makes me feel better when I am down:

My wife got me this but she discourages the “touch and feel” part of it:

I have access to most of this on DCUI and yet, here we are:

Lego clock collection. The middle piece talks, the one to right of center was a Burger King Promo that is supposed to be holding a cup with her body as the handle (odd flex, but okay, as they say):

I had that lunchbox as a kid. The real ones are too expensive but Hallmark was the nice price. Cassie and Dr. Psycho chilling nearby.

DC Primal Age Funko, He-Man style. One of my favorites. Kraven has a crush on her, no doubt.

Steve is like “Three Diana’s on this shelf and I’m not near any of them.” He’s right: I have failed him.

WW Funko square. Impossible to photograph without glare. I am still awaiting my 80th anniversary preorder set. It might come next month after only 16 months. My first and last foray into preordering.

Close up of Cheetah and a Hallmark ornament. Couldn’t bear to put it away after Christmas.

Another hallmark and some more lil’ Dianas. Aww. So cute.

Keychain from Five Below. Love the Hallmark ornament with my beloved Golden Age WW!

This is where I put things that are still awaiting their forever home, although the large Silver Age Diana looks real nice right where she is:

(I use the term “Forever Home” all the time after seeing this:)

DC Shop exclusive that I got with my $25 sign-on bonus voucher. So glad I waited to use it!

Top left: Jack-in-the-Box. Top Right: Toy Biz. Really need to remove the green tag, but who has the time?

McFarlane row. Didn’t like the Mohawk WW, but love the Dr. Fate helmet one!

My wife got this stuffy at a Pet store. It is rather adorable.

Medals from the last two virtual races. I also have WW running outer layers, a hat, and sweatband bracelets. I have only used the first two on the trails.

The dollar store had some awesome WW84 finds:

Some more dollar store finds, Toy Biz on card, and one my favorites: A “Wonder Woman Activity Set” that looks suspiciously like school supplies (isn’t that classic Diana, though? :smiley:).

Yeah, I own a Barbie, and yeah, I love it. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? Lego recreation of WW issue 6 with Cheetah and Etta is a huge favorite. Enchantress hangs out because she looks like my wife after a day of gardening (sexy and covered in filth).

DC Superhero Girls represent! The one on the right my wife found for me. Her legs are ridiculously long. On the left we have my favorite cartoon figure. Also, a framed napkin of 80’s wrestlers (my first thought upon finding this napkin was to frame it. No regrets).

Post is staring to act wonky, so part two to follow.

20 Likes

Actually I had fun just perusing your library, thanks for posting.

Fun to see ancient Greek, Penguin Classics and some of my favorite authors like Stephen Lawhead, Isaac Asimov, Fred Saberhagen!

7 Likes

Thank you for joining me for part two. Let’s begin, shall we?

Love my WW84 Diana and Cheetah! DCSHG Funko is super cute. The center WW figure might be my favorite because she looks so angry and dangerous and has muscles. Thick thighs save lives!

Diamond Select Vinimates. Such a good look for her.

My Lego (and fake-o) Diana Army! Golden Age Cheetah and Giganta as well. Also Minimate WW and Cheetah. This area is a dusting nightmare.

Hard to see either image but I found this online and printed it out a few years ago. Could not find out who the artist was. It was referred to as “This is How the World Ends.”

Lego Hallmark WW ornament, and some super cute lil’ Dianas. If I ever get my Alice 70th funko pre-order they might go here (only a 16 month wait. What a delightful experience).

Pez army. Three WW’s. Some Justice League, Potter, Snoopy, and even Hello Kitty’s Arch-enemy Badzt-Maru. Also, a happy slice of pizza because it made me laugh.

Just because I’m grocery shopping doesn’t mean I’m not collecting WW items!

Sweet sticker set. My wife made the lego card for me and I just had to save it. Spoiler: I play mandolin.

This is the only WW comic I own, and it is amazing. I had one of the first TRS-80 Color Computers (with extended BASIC, which was pretty hardcore in those days) so this comic has a special place in my heart. Also, it is hilarious. My friends, you cannot save the world with a TRS-80 computer, even if it is in full color. Reminds me of the ham radio Teen Brigade in the early Avengers comic.

A very large Mego hangs out with my luggage that I haven’t put away yet. Might leave it out for a bit. Look good there.

Speaking of Mego, here is this lovely beauty! My wife had this one back in the 70’s. We have a picture of her as a little girl playing with Wonder Woman. Now, all these years later, they have been reunited. That is the power of Wonder Woman!

Walmart dot com provided these recent purchases. The Barbara figure was only $8. The packaging is falling off. After taking this photo, I noticed her belt was undone and spent a while putting her belt back on before noticing on the back of the package it is not supposed to be tightened. Sorry, Barbara, but this is how you wear this jacket from now on!

Gave up trying to find these in stores. The GOLD LABEL one was found courtesy of @moro and looks great! I’ll slowly put these away as the mood strike me.

Whew, that is everything (maybe). I think it is safe to say that WW is my favorite. It’s funny- I loved Superfriends and Lynda Carter in my youth, and then totally forgot about it all until a couple of years ago when I saw the first WW movie and everything clicked. Now, I’ve read over 1,000 WW comics (twice) and I look and sound like the Patron Saint of Wonder Woman. :rofl:

I mean, look at this:

19 Likes

Thanks! Love to show it off online since no one I know in person gets it. I also enjoy checking out other people’s books, either online or in person. If I see books that I like, that raises my esteem of them highly, especially if they like Penguin Classics, Lawhead, Asimov and Saberhagen. :smiley:

I think it is criminal that people aren’t more familiar with Saberhagen. Empire of the East, Books of Swords, Books of the Gods. Such good stuff.

9 Likes

Fantastic or should I say your room is a “Wonder”…

The artist is Charlie Layton

Monkey King and Piggy on bikes…AWESOME!

12 Likes

My brother got me that for Christmas! It proudly sits next to a Xena action figure.

11 Likes

Wonderful collection my friend (pun not intended). Glad to see you picked up that Gold Label variant :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

First off, Cool Points for the Family Guy reference.

Secondly, more Cool Points for your whole set-up, but especially for the figures and figural items. Very cool!

Thirdly, I too have DC dolls. I love my Antiope Barbie, along with my WW84 Barbera Minerva and DC Superhero Girls Masquerade Starfire dolls.

I used to have most of the Wonder Woman dolls Mattel made for the 2017 movie, but I sold those about a year and change ago (Diana in her blue dress was my fav of that line).

Speaking of DC and Barbie, Mattel released a few dolls in 2003, back when they took over the master DC toy license from Hasbro.

If memory serves (and I’ll dig up pictures of these later in the day), Mattel made:

• Black Canary (I still kick myself for passing on her at Toys R Us in 2003)
  • Catwoman
  • Supergirl
  • Wonder Woman

They’re all pretty rad pieces, and I’d love to get them (especially Dinah), someday.

SN: Your 12-inch Army of Darkness Ash figure is quite wonderful.

Is that the one from Sideshow Collectibles, or is it by someone else?

7 Likes

Thanks! Found his website and I’ll pick up a copy of the print. Art that good deserves payment.

I know, right? I saw those on eBay and had to get them. They make the most annoying noises while pedaling across the room. I’ll see if I can upload a video. They are so obnoxious and loud. One of my best purchases.

7 Likes

Funny how the throwaway characters can sometimes stick with you.

Had to look it up, but yes it is. It looks like it came out in 2002 so I guess I’ve had it for 20 years, which kind of blows my mind. I saw it in Toyfare. They were responsible for so many purchases like that.

8 Likes

Regarding bit players on Family Guy, I like the salesman in the pink and green plaid jacket. That guy was a kick.

If memory serves, he had a figure in Mezco’s Family Guy line that began in 2004 (or thereabouts).

About Ash, I thought he looked familiar.

I had Sideshow’s Medieval Ash, as well as Evil Ash, and bought them when they came out, specifically at Suncoast Motion Picture Company (a geek’s home away from home). I never opened either one, as they displayed beautifully in-box.

I sold them years ago, but still fondly remember them.

After Tomart’s Action Figure Digest, ToyFare is the best toy mag of all time.

I miss it and Wizard, especially when they were each comic-sized. When they changed to the more traditional magazine size in the late '00s, they each lost something special (especially Wizard).

“Moving on.”

I have a new WW goody, and…I might have a couple more as the day unfolds. Will share later. :wondersquadron1:

8 Likes

Okay, so in my defense, I only went down the Funko aisle at Target because I was looking for a birthday present for someone. How dare they blindside me with a beautiful WW Pop at an affordable price?! :rofl:

This is probably a stupid question, but for any of you out there with these comic cover Pops - she’s not removable from the case, right? I’m okay with that but I was a little surprised. (I feel like @AK_Bandit might know the answer to this.)

I also see it can be wall-mounted, which is very tempting. I’m a little bummed it can’t be mounted in the outer box because the art on that is really nice too.

16 Likes

:smile: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

5 Likes

@msgtv and @TurokSonOfStone1950- you gotta’ come see @SteveTrevor2.0’s super amazing collection. :smiley: :+1:

9 Likes

Truly an impressive collection.

6 Likes

Between the WW collection and the books on the shelf, confirms what I already knew. @SteveTrevor2.0 is an interesting dude

9 Likes

@Angel212, the pops are secured to the base and the outer case is also secured at the base and are not removable, without breaking it open.

8 Likes

Thanks @DC89!

I am thrilled that there are so many positive comments about my collection and books. Makes my day! :smiley:

8 Likes

Thank you! :pray: It’s really cool just as it is anyhow.

6 Likes