Poison Ivy (2022) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead!

@lo_third Yes! I’ve had this happen, too, so I don’t understand why this series wouldn’t have crossed over like others?? Aka: I don’t know what the deal is either! :laughing: Oh well.

I’m waiting on :diamonds: B+W+Redder since we’ll have it here and I’d rather have a collected book. I think I might need this Joelle Jones tho :star_struck:

9 Likes

Yeah, I decided to wait for BWR too, that Joelle Jones cover is lovely though.

3 Likes

First thing. she FINALLY has her own series! long overdue, Imo. I’ve read 1-8 and I’m really loving this. The panels are amazing, the story line pulled me in immediately. I’m putting this way above Cycle of Life and Death. I haven’t read Thorns tho. It’s on my list. I’m anxiously waiting for the rest of the issues to be avail to me lol.

7 Likes

Hey @Chain_Twix! Welcome! :hugs: I’m glad you got a chance to check this out!

I’m really enjoying it—definitely better than Cycle of Life and Death (which is decent enough, but this is far superior). I enjoyed Thorns quite a bit, too. It’s different than this series, but better than Cycle.:green_heart:

I know only Ultra has the newest issues, but if you have access to regular DCUI at all:

9 Likes

@Razzzcat thank you!! I actually read Thorns maybe that next day after that post. I thought it was really good, and agree it is better than Cycle. Ivy is probably one of my favorites in DCU.

I’m anxiously awaiting 8/8 when the next issue of Poison Ivy releases this month.

One thing I couldn’t figure out and tried to research, maybe you can help me out with. What happened before this series to lead Pam to her current plan of dehumanizing the planet? I couldn’t find anything. Where does this series fit in the Dcu? I kept in reading the first issues wondering why she was writing Harley letters, did they have a fight, what happened, why was Harley not there, was there something going on in another comic that I should read, etc. Once Harley finally showed up, I was very happy and glued to my phone. I wish I had the ultra memberships but, you know broke girl here lol I do want to see about getting the hard covers I just haven’t had time to check out the comic book stores.

7 Likes

Hello again @Chain_Twix!
Ngl, this is a LOADED question :laughing: I guess it depends on if you’re a reader that needs every single issue or if you’re okay with broader strokes to save time and money. Which would you say you are?

I personally tend to cut down (so I may not be the best person to ask). But I’d say :thinking:

I’ll get back to you if I think of anything else. :green_heart:

10 Likes

You are amazing @razzzcat! I’ll end up reading all the ones you mentioned

6 Likes

:green_heart: Enjoy!

8 Likes

I was going to read Thorns in between Harley Quinn: Reckoning and Ravenous. Happy to hear its worth checking out. :ivy_kiss:

I read more books than comics. Started with no prior info and I’m still enjoying it by itself, but I’ll keep these in mind!

8 Likes

Read Batman 124. That was good, thanks. I’m on to Fear State. I’m guessing it’s Alpha issue.

4 Likes

Yup!

5 Likes

I finished Fear state and started to read Catwoman 29 to 36.

4 Likes

Issue 9 is finally avail for me. I love them so much, reading the extra background stories have giving me more a glimpse of everything too. Even though I’m not finished yet.

6 Likes

The whole series has been a wonderful read, but this is absolutely a great issue all by itself. Seeing them together again was worth the wait. :00_harlivy:

8 Likes

Just wanted to drop this off :rose:

8 Likes

Can we talk about Knight Terrors in here too? I don’t plan to read all of it right away, but Ivy is one of my first stops.

6 Likes

I can’t speak for @Razzzcat, but I don’t think she’d mind if you did. That said, I plan to do my Ivy Knight Terrors reaction in the Knight Terrors thread and everyone there has done a pretty good job of not spoiling things or blurring spoilers, if that’s the concern.

4 Likes

Ditto on everything Detective @TheCosmicMoth stated, @d.Manha! (Hi btw, Moth! :hugs: )

General/overall Knight Terrors talk is :100: welcome in the designated Knight Terrors thread. But! If you want to chat in depth about the tie-ins, that’s perfectly fine too!

Here or in Harleys (newly converted) on-going series discussion, or even in Wonder Woman’s on-going thread (Green Lantern has a separate thread too) everyone is more than happy to have both your company and your thoughts wherever you go. :purple_heart:

Ps: Here’s this:Harley Quinn (2021) | Series Discussion | Spoilers Ahead

And this

6 Likes

Hey, @Razzzcat :hugs:

3 Likes

You gonna watch the World Cup Final @TheCosmicMoth? :eyes: I’m still bummed our :us: ladies are out, but msgtv and I were talking about it in the lounge in the World Cup thread, so now I’m thinking about it since you’re here :soccer: Okay bye. :hugs:

6 Likes