OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Honestly, I feel like I’ve come to understand heroes in a whole new light through those shows, and also gained even deeper appreciation for the superheroes we know and love for being good people :laughing:

10 Likes

When the videos leave, will @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell still be hosting the watch along?:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hehehe, as a fellow Babs fan I can guess you know the feeling! And it’s my pleasure, no need to apologize at all :slight_smile: Keep in touch if you have anything you’d like me to double-check on those entries! We’re all just a bunch of squishy humans, so it’s entirely possible something amazing slipped through the cracks.

9 Likes

hehehehe lookit little sulky Batman!

6 Likes

I’m all about the classics! Give me a root beer float any day of the week. I did see a strawberry ice cream/sparkling lemonade combo that appeared pretty tasty, but I think I’ll have to wait for it to heat back up to enjoy. I’m fully nestling into the (slightly) cooler season!

No!! It caught my eye when it was first released but I think British Baking Show dwarfed it. I do love a good raccoon… :eyes:

9 Likes

This board is acting weird with some glitches.:frowning:

5 Likes

I got very lucky and a friend shared their digital library of recordings with me. But that being said, they must have obtained digital versions from somewhere.

But I agree, the format is quite unique, and hey, if you’re looking for a DC equivalent, you owe it to yourself to listen to the “Clan of the Fiery Cross” radio episode of the Adventures of Superman radio show. Not only is it an exceptional piece of entertainment, but its historical relevance and daring risks are landmarks in pop culture doing good for society. There was a graphic novel made inspired by it, or you can cut through all that and watch the Drunk History version of events.

10 Likes

Try refreshing Reaganfan, or if you are using the app maybe logging out and then back in after a minute might do the trick. :thinking:

Hope this helps. :sunglasses: :+1:

7 Likes

So happy about the He-Man comics :clap: :clap: I’m not sure what conditions surround the Giants, but I’ll pass the word on and make sure it gets into the conversation :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Macdad, oh my gosh, thank you so much!! It means so much to me that you took some time to write that beautiful message, and I’ll be happy to dig in further to your requests rolls up sleeves (And there are some pretty good music recs on here, aren’t there? Currently rabbit holing on Elvira tunes now :laughing:)

This was a big, big push before all the changes and reorganization started to descend upon us. The developers even went so far as to implement a “quick and dirty”, in the meantime function of a “progress bar” to get us part of the way there.
We plan on returning to this, and User List flexibility, when we get back to “normal” after the DCUi launch :slight_smile:

This is a really great suggestion, and one I don’t think has been articulated before. While I can’t promise that will be an immediate feature that can be implemented (See: “Mark as Read” and “User Lists” as our frontrunners), I’ll fold this into our user feedback meetings.

Thanks again for stopping by, and I’ll remember to give you a little silent “wave” on future OH’s :sunglasses:

9 Likes

We distributed an e-mail test a few days ago to determine the most successful “open rate” (the amount that members open their e-mails based on how tantalizing the subject line is). Now that we know which subject line caught the most attention, we’ll be sending a widespread e-mail in the very, very, VERY near future. VERY near.

11 Likes

Ok thanks!!! I will be on the lookout for it!!!

6 Likes

Ah, so it was a test. I found it to be quite like this when I saw it. :grin: :batman_hv_5:

9 Likes

@Applejack, if you could have one guest of choice for q&a who would it be? It could be anybody. :thinking:

6 Likes

Thankyou @ajm08g, I might just do that.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Will ALL the DC Universe original content be available on HBO MAX? Including things like Legacy, and All Star Games?
And what about DC Daily? Those guys were freakin’ awesome

7 Likes

Hi moro, nice to “see” you! You’ve got questions/comments, I’ve got answers/,…comments!

The latter- the exact same app, but with the video “turned off”. However, the design team is working hard to make it “feel” like a new experience with a fresh look. Those designs are still in an early phase, but from what I’ve seen the spirit of DCU remains.

100%. My focus has shifted away from increasing engagement to organizing the history of our programs for executive leadership as well as auditing said programs for success and getting moderators trained and mobilized for organizing the forums for better searchability. The transition is a great opportunity to do some deep housekeeping. I’m thinking of it a little bit like another relaunch for the Community as I expect we’ll see many new members, and I want to make sure the place looks nice.

What a tangent! At any rate, the plan is absolutely, yes, we will have creators back on to do regular Q&As. We now consider them a tentpole and one of the big reasons the community has market value.

Funny you should ask- we’re actually reworking the current shop, and you will see there is a clearance sale on right now:

There will still be merchandising and product opportunities in the future, but as we snuggle up closer to DC Entertainment those initiatives will be merged to become like… a DC Voltron.

Great questions, thank you!

14 Likes

I would never attack you in such a way! it’s the badge that was created for any spooky activities people engage in through our Clubs for the month of October. But I can take it back so it doesn’t taunt you!

8 Likes

Right now I’m watching…
tumblr_lyer9iegv11ro2jego1_r2_500
The Little Mermaid!
Ariel wish that she can be part of DC Universe, but Disney is not letting her!:grin:

8 Likes

Hmmm, I’m sorry if I spoke out of turn! I don’t think I’m that persuasive as to bring on content earlier than is contracted, so it may have to be a matter of patience! :pray: :supergirl_cw:

9 Likes