OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Well, look at that! I brought in oodles of new fish, didn’t I? I’m pleasantly surprised by those numbers. Mebbe I should be brought on in a “Official Club Engagement/Enrollment Driver Dude” capacity? :man_shrugging:

SN: Yes, yes. I know 10 people isn’t technically enough to constitute an accurate use of “oodles”, but damn it, I told myself I’d use that word in a conversation today, and by the Divine Right of Max Faraday, I achieved my goal! :partying_face:

8 Likes

a character filter. There are many Green Lantern collections and no way to filter directly to them

8 Likes

Now that you said it, I can’t unsee it.

8 Likes

LOL! Sorry!:laughing:

8 Likes

Thanks AJ!

7 Likes

At least he looks less like Ivan Ooze than Apocalypse did in that X-Men movie LOL. I hope Stargirl can keep the quality high!

8 Likes

Have you listened to Olive? They did a great cover of “I’m Not In Love”

7 Likes

Hiya @Applejack
So a question. Is there some magic mod way to disallow posts on a thread, besides closing it. Closing a thread seems to close (or make unusable) polls in said thread. It’d be nice to be able to have the ability to do announcements that are updated on a periodic basis and/or polls that run but don’t allow replies, so as to guide people to a comments, debates, discussions thread.

I know, the weird things Meta Madhouse puts in my brain. It just occurred to me that there end up being “side” discussions in both the voting and results threads that would be nice to capture in our single discussions thread.

Kinda figuring the answer is no, but, figured it was worth the ask anyway.

BTW, I hope the mods that want to vote are doing so. The polling s set up so you can’t see who voted and since you all aren’t officially running the tournament, there shouldn’t, I would think, be a conflict of interest.

8 Likes

I have not, but I feel an inclination to do so now…

7 Likes

that would be “Johnny The Homicidal Maniac”

7 Likes

Ah. Thanks for the 411.

Well @Razzzcat, I know of that, but haven’t read it. I never got into Invader Zim, so on that note, is JTHM worth a look?

8 Likes

20210317_205503
Stargirl The Movie

Shiv: come on out, Injustice need you!
15dfd69753e141bbce17ef43ee189b61--power-rangers-movie-the-movie
Oooze: AAAAAHHHH! The Ooze is back! Smell like there’s a teenager here!
shiv-stargirl-1594038205
Shiv: My name is Shiv, I need you to do me a favor. Destroy Stargirl and the JSA.
[Hours Later]
0caa78496282324ee9174eafb1b6068f-1
Ooze: Hello blondie. Just who are you suppose to be? Auntie Sam?
STARGIRL-A-New-Generation-of-Justice-stargirl-cw-43264704-540-342
Stargirl: I’m Stargirl, we’re the members of the JSA!
tumblr_c3277b46e49891c8557b41ea2d92c42b_edac1777_400
Ooze: Where’s my autograph book?! Time to say goodnight to the Star Spangled Brat!
[After a 10 minute battle]
Stargirl-2020-stargirl-cw-43189858-540-240
Stargirl: Time to end this now!
Ooze: AAAHHH! I shall be back!

[1 year Later]
Ivan_Ooze_power_rangers
Ooze: I need a new look to go after Stargirl and the members of JSA.
Unicron_288x288
Unicron: Yes I’ll be glad to help you.
250px-Megatron_recreated
Unicron: No longer you’ll be Ivan Ooze, you will now forever be known as…

Eclipso!
Eclipso: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
The End…
Be sure to catch Stargirl Season 2 this Summer when she and the JSA meet Eclipso!
:00_stargirl:

11 Likes

What happened to the badges?

8 Likes

That’s weird!

But kind of cool!:confused:

9 Likes

Fun Fact: Ivan Ooze not only got his ass kicked by the Power Rangers in 1995, but he also got his derriere handed to him in 1981 by Indiana Jones.

The commonality? Paul Freeman played Ivan Ooze and Raiders of the Lost Ark’s Rene Belloq.

Just Imagine™ if Ivan Ooze’s head blew up like Belloq’s did in Raiders. MMPR: The Movie would’ve been so much better.

As for the badge gaff, I blame Johnny from Airplane. He’s always pulling out cords, then laughing about it before he pops 'em back in.

“How about some coffee, Johnny?”

“No thanks!”

9 Likes

Hey Capitana! :wave: Hope this finds you well, as always. So here’s my follow up: Will we continue to promo DCBC on all the social media outlets? Or just when special events pop up? I was also going to ask more about the reading recommendations, (how/if they’re coordinated beyond making my own), but I’d rather applaud the Wonder Woman list. :+1: Instead I’d like to ask about the badges:

Summary

The older ones have changed. Is this a system update thing or are we eventually getting shiny new ones? :eyes:

Okay, I’ll be waiting over here…

[edit] just looked up and saw @HubCityQuestion and @Reaganfan78 got to the badge thing. Please ignore that part! Unless we really ARE getting shiny new ones! If so, I’m all eyes. :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Oooh. :raised_hands: I’m in!

9 Likes

Woohoo! Dibs on being the Superman of the bunch.

8 Likes

Dear @Vroom, (Actually this is for @Applejack as well), since Cap sounds like they know who we’re dealin’ with, so I don’t mind sharing that the following are… things :eyes: …that exist. :grin: First, JTHM. its a mini you can also get in TPB. Then more recently, theres Filler Bunny, Jellyfist, Everything Can be Eaten, and Zim, of course. Not for everyone, but :woman_shrugging:t2: weird is the name of game! For DC there was Beyond the Fringe. I’d say give one a shot. AJ mentioned I Feel Sick- that ones def good, and I also enjoyed Squee. Anyone know Allie Brosh? @Mae?

It’s currently 11:50am on 3/18…have you (or anyone) had a chance to check out the Snyder Cut? I have NOT yet. I heard I’ll be very happy w/ Wonder Woman :00_wonder_woman_gold: this time around, tho. :dancer:t2::purple_heart:

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: New Full-Page to Panel Reader: Last Page Error?