OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

As someone who’s parent’s watched Happy Days EVERY night before I went to bed growing up. I will jump in there and hand the contest over to the scene which had Fonzie, Laverne, and Mork all in the Cunningham’s living room.

4 Likes

NOOOOOOO!!! I’m so sorry you’re sick, I hope you’re on the mend now! Please make sure you’re drinking lots of fluids.

That is a GREAT question, and I don’t know off the top of my head- but you know who WOULD know? You need only ask…The Question!

4 Likes

Very much appreciate it- turns out I’m here on the 2nd because I have attachment issues but yes! I think it would be a great addition to our Coming Soon announcements to discuss the efforts of our archive staff. Thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

I still see the sale available on our site, are you anticipating processing this at a later date, after the sale price ends? Let me know; might be best to DM the moderator group (tell 'em Applejack sent ya) so we can figure this out before the next Office Hours.

I believe these binge editions are really great marketing tools to bang the excitement drum for incoming seasons; chances are we’ll have to patiently wait. :sweat:

Thank you so much, I really love our insight content! I’ll pass this along to the team, especially with how much we got from these interviews you mentioned, they should be preserved.

3 Likes

I think WB Theatrical is on the same page! After all, they’ve recently brought Aquaman, Shazam, Doom Patrol, and soon Black Adam, Space Cabbie, and more to the screen. From what I understand, there will be even more lesser known heroes seen on screen as time goes on :smiley:

5 Likes

OH HAI @Killian3349! I’m honored to have Office Hours be your first post. I hope the place isn’t too untidy. (Particularly given the OCD!)
With our team in hibernation for late December chances are that a “read” indicator will be too soon for February, but it is one of the major features I am championing for in our weekly “user feedback channel” meetings. Please feel free to ask me again in a month for a status update, helps keep the irons hot!

6 Likes

FANTASTIC question! Also kind of makes me think of the older sub films of yore.

My immediate thought is they all survive, because Hal Jordan creates an oxygen-filled, airtight bubble around all of them and floats them to dry land.

3 Likes

SOMEONE was reading ahead… :wink:

3 Likes

Oooooooh!! Okay, @MovieAddict and I had the same idea. So if they can’t use their “powers”, but they CAN use their TOOLS, I would say:

Selina Kyle
Bruce Wayne
Dick Grayson
Lex Luthor
Barbara Gordon (because come on)

But also, even if none of them can use their powers, Lois often finds herself getting out of trouble because Superman comes to her rescue…

4 Likes

I had to add Hal Jordan since he’s my favorite Green Lantern! LOL!!!:laughing:

3 Likes

Sorry to throw in another question, in Harley Quinn show, is the old Landlord in a wheelchair really based on a villain in a comic book or was he made up for the show? Is he also related to Fred Mertz? :harleyquinn_hqas: :poisonivy_hqas: :psycho_hqas: :kingshark_hqas: :clayface_hqas: :joker_hv_3:

2 Likes

There will be more fleshed out details on January 6th, but a brief overview:

• For a few weeks, we will be accepting submissions through the process of a Form submission. This will help us organize on the backend.
  • You will be able to find the link to this form in both “Community Events > Join A Club” as well as “Watchtower” to increase visibility.

If two people submit the same idea for clubs, we will sidebar with the individuals to explore the concept of sharing club responsibilities. We have a few clubs currently that do this and it works for those arrangements, because it takes off some of the responsibility from a single person.

Sidebarring with folks individually will hopefully create some sense of autonomy before actually joining an idea together to prevent killings.

Hehehe, I feel you on the name change! Thanks for keeping the badge request floated, we’ll be investigating next week :smiley:

I always appreciate a significant bug being floated here in Office Hours. Early on we made a lot of tweaks to our tutorials and something just isn’t firing. General QA and awarding of mass badges for annual subs, pre-order subs, etc. Is a priority I expect to see resolved by the end of the month. Call me out if not :wink:

FASCINATING. You know, the Alpha Lantern Oath is pretty hard to resist as far as its relevance to moderation work, but I do agree that what the mod team does here is a far cry from indifferent discipline.

I just push the broom, thanks so much for keeping the machine oiled with goodness!

5 Likes

I’ll bring this up in my next dev pow-wow! We’re definitely close to seeing some exciting updates to MyDC, so it’s on the radar. Thanks for floating this up again, and happy new year @Nathan.Payson!

3 Likes

Quote away! Gotta hold myself accountable somehow. Freaking March, huh? I do feel good about what I’ve seen from the demos of MyDC coming up, hopefully we can see a breakthrough soon with the public/private situation.

3 Likes

I’ll run that up the flagpole, thanks for the suggestion @Reaganfan78! :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

You would think that would be easy, wouldn’t you!? Ah, well. I am guessing it will be back the week of January 13th (studios closed this week, film next week to air the following) but I’m just estimating. Let me stick that in the ol’ Trello board :smiley:

4 Likes

More robust digital events and many more live events at locations across the country, expanded beyond just WonderCon, SDCC, and NYCC. :partying_face: I would love to meet more of you in person. My New Year’s reflection has strongly revealed to me that those are the times that my tank really gets refilled and energizes my work.

Yes! Yes you can! I also voted :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Boston is nice!

4 Likes

He’s not a villain. He’s a retired spy named Sy Borgman (get it?) from the New 52 Harley Quinn run.

5 Likes

I hear you!! This is a small but important matter, especially once we start seeing little cakes appear to celebrate our individual days. It is on the list, but it’s a little lower than some other matters that are being prioritized, like organization of club events, awarding badges/making sure badges work, and polishing our community’s navigation :slight_smile: But it will not be forgotten!

3 Likes

So he’s just based on the Borg from Star Trek! I get it, Thankyou @AlexanderKnox! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes