OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Join the DC Universe Community Manager LIVE @6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST to ask whatever questions you may have about DC Universe!

Greetings, friends!

We see a lot of questions fly around these forums of ours. Wouldn’t it be nice if we opened up a time every week to make sure your questions get answered in a timely manner, by a certified professional?

Well, we have the next best thing- Me!

"YOU? WHO ARE YOU?"

Oh, right. I’m the DC Universe Community Manager. I oversee the forums and our incredible team of moderators. I also ensure the feedback we read on the forums is fed upward to the proper channels to inspire change and/or strike fear in the hearts of men.
Nice to meet you! :handshake:

"WHAT IS OFFICE HOURS?"*

Every Thursday Tuesday at 6pm PST, I will make myself available right here in this thread to answer any and all questions you might have about our content, suggestions for improvement, and anything else you might want to know about DC Universe (or perhaps the universe in general).

"WHAT ISN’T OFFICE HOURS?"

This thread is NOT a replacement for our technical Help Center, which can be reached at yourdcu.com/submit.

==============================

Feel free to start populating the comments here with your questions! I will come back to answer them all each and every Thursday Tuesday at 6pm PST/9pm EST.*

Until We Meet Again,
Applejack

==============================

*The Fine Print:
:eight_spoked_asterisk:This topic will remain the ongoing thread for OFFICE HOURS every week. This will help prevent repeated questions, and maintain it as a catch-all resource for any question.
:eight_spoked_asterisk:This thread IS NOT, I repeat, is NOT, a replacement for our technical support team, who can be reached at yourdcu.com/submit. All technical reports found in the comments below will be answered with a direction to submit a report to the link provided.
:eight_spoked_asterisk:Any spontaneous changes made to the schedule will be posted in the most recent comments below. If I am not available on any given Thursday Tuesday, I will return at the soonest possible timeslot, when I am back from my vision quest/Arkham Asylum/the deep reaches of space.
:eight_spoked_asterisk:Sometimes, I will not be able to answer a question due to non-disclosure agreements, public relations sensitivities, or the stipulations of the Witness Protection Program. I will always be clear and honest, but if the answer is “I’m not able to discuss that”, please respect the cone of silence.

72 Likes

That’s around the Movie watch along, hope you can do both, I have a question for Office hours, Will DC release a comics that are both based on Movies and TV shows for the DC comics library? Like 1989 Batman comic and Batman Strike (The Batman series).

11 Likes

Awesome idea!!! Thank you for being here for us!!!

8 Likes

This is an excellent idea. Of course I wouldn’t be living up to my name if I didn’t have some questions of my own:

1. The mods are always quick to tell us when a request for a feature is noted. How are those requests tabulated? Does the frequency of a request from multiple users affect its urgency?

2. Do you have clearance to upload comics from the Vertigo imprint, and is such integration on the table?

3. When this service was getting off the ground, there was talk of possibly getting creatives at DC to host AMAs of their own. I see John Barrowman is doing one soon via DC Daily. Can we expect any more in the future?

4. How the heck did The Spirit TV movie end up on here?

11 Likes

You all never cease to amaze, brilliant idea!!! And thank you for taking the time to do this weekly. Like someone else said, stay whelmed and hopefully you can get support if it becomes too much!! :smiley:

7 Likes

Incredible site. Been lost in the comics section for days. Just fixed App by deleting & reinstalling 4 days ago. Couldn’t believe all the comics on here when I got back. Love the community, news section, shows etcetera etcetera. Been in comics section nonstop since then. Just getting to all the other spots. Thanks Applejack & Crew for this incredible app!!!

8 Likes

Any ETA on when users will be able to access their payment information? I signed up with a card due to expire before my renewal date and need to be sure I’ll be able to change the info so I don’t have my service interrupted because the payment failed to go through.

7 Likes

@HarleysPuddin, You will never take me in!

Do mods have an early screening of all the original shows?

6 Likes

I’ll be back to start answering questions in about 45 minutes!

6 Likes

I’ll ask early , any chance of a live stream? Would love to just tune in and leave it without having to pick what to watch. Also, any chance of adding the Chuck comic mini-series? Was never able to get all 6 issues and really want it complete to read it. The Chuck TV series would make an awesome addition too (after the comic gets added and the deal with Amazon expires of course).

6 Likes

This is such a fantastic idea!! DC continues to amaze me with it’s desire to listen to their fans.

I have a few questions, first will the amazon and Roku apps be updated to include things like the skip intro feature any time soon? Would it be possible to get any hints of what future functionality features might be in store for the app?

Lastly will DC Universe ever switch up its release timetables for its live action original content? For example, could season 2 of Titans release multiple episodes a week, like Young Justice or maybe even full or half season drops like Netflix? I know those questions are likely unable to be answered at this time but I thought I would ask.

Thank you again for being such a receptive company :slight_smile:

4 Likes

cracks knuckles I’m here working to start answering questions, if you’re around and want to submit something, feel free to pop it in and I’ll get to the questions in order. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Just curious, not being pushy, but there are a few questions submitted. Do we need to re-submit?

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 asks:

“Will DC release a comics that are both based on Movies and TV shows for the DC comics library? Like 1989 Batman comic and Batman Strike (The Batman series).”

Great question! DC Publishing has their own initiatives and focus, but DC Universe had great success with the Young Justice: Outsiders exclusive comic, and we’re looking for more opportunities like that in the future.

7 Likes

@abfgmsw asks:

“Is there a definitive reason why the DC Spotlight: Aquaman was removed?”

I am sorry to say I am not privy to the reasoning behind that. My understanding around most of our time limits with the content is dependent on licensing.

10 Likes

Haha Applejack. No question love the “cracks knuckles “ I could visualize it when I read it.

4 Likes

I’m a neck cracker myself bad habit. Always feels amazing when it starts @ neck & goes all the way down my back. Old football injuries I guess, love that feeling tho.

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion asks:

“1. The mods are always quick to tell us when a request for a feature is noted. How are those requests tabulated? Does the frequency of a request from multiple users affect its urgency?”

Great question! (And I would expect nothing less from you.) The employees of DC Universe are first and foremost fans. (Hello, my colleagues & boss!) Many of us spend time, personal and professional, looking over these forums casually. We often talk about what we see on the forums in the office and share when we see really awesome threads or comments with each other.

But organizationally, we operate on the lifeblood of bureaucracy- SPREADSHEETS! The mods populate a daily report with seen requests. I scrub selected bookmarked threads on a weekly basis as well. I will mention in the comments if I am watching a thread. I take the moderator’s submissions and the submissions tracked on the bookmarked threads and then tabulate the number of times we have seen those responses, and if they are from unique users . vs. the same user repeatedly. I then feed that informa tion into a document that is seen by the content manager at our developer as well as my boss. I tag the rows as “Community Report” (because we are also populating that spreadsheet with internal reports, and we want to differentiate what kind of qualitative report we receive).

“2. Do you have clearance to upload comics from the Vertigo imprint, and is such integration on the table?”

At this time we are focusing on the heroes & villains titles for DC Universe. There are some blurry lines with Vertigo (like Swamp Thing and Hellblazer) that do appear on the service. But our primary interest at this time is getting the capes up and running. This is not a “no”, just a “not now”.

“3. When this service was getting off the ground, there was talk of possibly getting creatives at DC to host AMAs of their own. I see John Barrowman is doing one soon via DC Daily. Can we expect any more in the future?”

Ah, yes!! We are looking at getting more talent spotlights moving forward. From a community manager/forum overseer perspective, I am strategizing to get the forum tools up to snuff with the average expectations of the reasonable public. Once we are in a place to make the forums an incredible technical first impression, we will be putting a lot of our efforts towards hosting creators here.

“4. How the heck did The Spirit TV movie end up on here?”

Hahahaha!! I honestly have no idea. I suppose the licensing agreement was inexpensive? At any rate, I welcome it gladly.

11 Likes

@JasonTodd428 asks:

“Any ETA on when users will be able to access their payment information?”

I have flagged this request to our developer, and it is a functionality that is very reasonable to request. Please contact support in the meantime and they will be able to manually assist you (yourdcu.com/help).

6 Likes

Reading Applejack answering questions reminds me when editor answer a fan’s question at the end of a comic book! Love it! :smiley:

So how long is the office hours open?

8 Likes