OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Hey I said no power, LOL! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So, do the bat fam have to give up their gadgets? Kinda the same thing, a tool more than a power…

2 Likes

My first musings have to do with Clubs. From what I’ve read regarding the Clubs, applications for new clubs are closed until Jan. 6th (which is rapidly approaching and I’m hoping that I get an answer before then, but I’m not sure if you’re going to actually do Office Hours this week…). I’d like to know what the procedure is gonna be to apply for a club once that opens? Will there be an actual form to fill out? Where should we head on Jan. 6th to submit our Club ideas?

Also, what if two people submit the same idea for a club? Assuming that the idea is good enough to approve the application, would the club go to the first person to submit the idea? If you approve someone’s idea for a club, but someone else had submitted the same idea like…let’s say a day…after them; then would you give the club to the first person who submitted the idea, but maybe give the two of them the opportunity to work on the club together if they both thought that was fair and both wanted to? I could definitely see two people with the same idea either doing a fantastic job working on a club together, or trying to kill each other lol, so I’m not sure that last idea is the best, but I’m just throwing that out there.

Secondly,

I’m also interested in the answer to this question. I’ve had a paid subscription to DCU since the very beginning. Heck, I’ve been a My DC member since March 2017. And I probably would’ve picked a different handle for myself when DCU started, but my Charlie Sheen’s Dealer login carried over from before DCU existed and now I don’t really wanna change my name because I feel like then people wouldn’t recognize me lol. But I digress - my point is that I’ve always paid monthly rather than annually, but I’ve paid for my subscription every month, consecutively, since DCU launched. I had simply assumed that the annual badge counted no matter how you paid, so I’d be interested to know what the final say on this is.

While we’re on the subject of badges, I’d also like to make a note about the Completed Your Team Training and Welcome to the Justice League badges. I’ve done both the Tutorial and the Advanced Tutorial, but I notice that it hasn’t awarded me with either badge. I also noticed that no one has been awarded those badges yet though, so I’m assuming that there’s definitely a bug there lol. (I posted a reply in the Community Software Updates Profile Bios are Back + Badges thread with this information, but I decided that it was probably better to post it here.)

Lastly, I’d like to weigh in with my two cents regarding @LifeNoob98 post several months ago suggesting a name change for the DCU Mods from Alpha Lanterns to something else with less “emotionless a-hole” connotations lol.

I couldn’t agree more with this post because I had the exact same thought when I first read #12 - " Respect the Alpha Lanterns." - in the Code of Conduct. The Alpha Lanterns were pretty much a horrible mistake on the part of the Guardians and it does seem sad to impose that name onto our awesome moderators.

So here’s my suggestion for a new name; why not call them “Honor Lanterns” instead of Alpha Lanterns. The Honor Lanterns are the members of Green Lantern Corps who are considered leaders and hold ranks above the regular Green Lanterns. I think I get what was meant to be implied by calling them Alpha Lanterns - basically, the decisions of the moderators are final and not to be argued with - but “Honor Lanterns” just feels more appropriate to me.

Ok, I think that’s it for my Office Hours inquiries/comments. Looking forward to participating in the next Office Hours session! As always, thanks for everything you do to make our Community so awesome!

2 Likes

Couple of weeks ago, Applejack said she’ll being doing the office hour last week and Tomorrow, She’ll start at 6:00pm PST/9:00 EST, She probably will get to your question around 6:40-7:15 since there’s some questions ahead of you.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was thinking about Book Clubs and what they would likely LOVE to have right now, and it clicked. If we could make our own list and publically share them, it would be AMAZING.

Given that all personal list you make have a public and private option, but only private works. Is there any update on public/shareable list. Example, I could create a list of that weeks books.

4 Likes

@Nathan.Payson I asked that same question back in March because I was trying to figure out how to find/save story arcs. I asked @Applejack if there was a way to make our lists Public (since, as you said, there is an option for both public and private when making lists). I also asked if there was a way to Search other people’s Public Lists (like the same way you would search a community topic basically). I was thinking along the same lines you are: It would be awesome to make and search public lists. Here’s what she said on the topic:

“As for publically viewing lists, that is functionality we have not yet put in place, but we are working to offer even more robust profiles in the future. Stay tuned!”

• Hope you don’t mind me quoting you here @Applejack

Here’s the link to the whole conversation if you’d like to view the thread. It’s fairly short.

Question! I feel like I’m missing something

Keep in mind though, that it was March '19 when @Applejack and I were having this conversation, so - fingers crossed - she might have some more updated information about when ‘being able to publicly view lists’ will be implemented…?

And @Reaganfan78, thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Hello Applejack :woman_technologist:,
With Batman Beyond season 2 & 3 being remastered to HD, Can Superman the animated series please be the next show being remastered to HD, Thankyou. :superman_hv_2:

6 Likes

Super easy one: when is DC Daily coming back? Also, Happy New Year!

3 Likes

What’s your big DCU wish/dream for 2020?

And can I put this here?

3 Likes

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
I was looking at my profile page and said I’ve join Oct 16, '19. I know it’s because of the new community board, is there a way to change it to September, 2018? I’ve been here since the launch. If not that’s ok. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

*raises hand “oo me too!”
:+1:t2: good question

3 Likes

Happy New Yeeear! :confetti_ball:
Applejack here, ready to answer almost any of your questions about the goings on of DC Universe. I can see the inbox is stuffed tonight, so I think this calls for some coffee and a cookie- ETA 2 minutes!

5 Likes

While the water heats, for any first time questioners or lurkers: Questions are answered in the order they are received. This means that if you asked a question last week, it will be answered sooner! But if you asked one in the past 15 minutes or so, it might take about an hour to get to (depending on the breadth and investigation of previous answers).

2 Likes

The reasoning, I feel, is to create more meaning out of the relationships that are being built. There’s an inherent forgiveness baked into the circuits. There’s a tiny spark of conversation that happens when you select your timeframe, something like “hey, maybe something will have changed in that four months. The person, the system, who knows, but let’s always give a chance.”
I would also venture to say that it prevents anyone from going “ban happy” on their own account and inadvertently locking themselves out of the experience, crafting their own little world and sticking their head in the sand rather than exploring more real-world social options of negotiating better relationships.
An on-platform community experience is very different from the global social media channels. We are able to determine a more strict standard of behaviors and we have a devoted set of moderators; ARGUABLY, if someone is really being problematic to the point where they deserve a lifetime ban mute or silence *, a deeper conversation might be warranted.

*Edited to clarify distinction between a ban (at platform level) vs mute/silence (at user choice level).

7 Likes

I dig the concept, but I strongly suspect it will be used not as dutifully as the Comic Book issues, but rather a wasp’s trap to collect complaints about what content is on the service. Does this topic feel like it’s missing the mark in being able to encompass that kind of report?

We could update the copy to be more specific, perhaps?

2 Likes

Club submissions will remain open for 3 weeks. More details to follow!

4 Likes

We’ll be rolling out our content schedule for end of February/March soon, but keep your eye on happenings around DCYou Unscripted :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:grinning:I can hardly wait! I’m so excited and happy for those top 10 fans, I can’t wait to see one of their ideas come to life in a show.

4 Likes

You’re right, besides the discussion on our boards I also found this What’s New article announcing its release of #1:

I’ve sent out an APB to the team to investigate where it might have slipped. We’re usually good about announcing. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

2 Likes

Oh gosh, I don’t have a dog in this fight as I only know the most cursory references to Happy Days. But my eyes do perk up at the mention of a Mork & Mindy crossover. Frankly, I have no idea who the Red Devils or the Big Ragu are. Which says to me that in a debate of iconography will always go to a Robin Williams appearance- talk about an icon!

3 Likes