OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Does that mean we should start calling you Fonzi? I was always more partial to shlameel and shlamozzel, but ayyyyyy works too…

2 Likes

I have a strange hunger for hasenpfeffer. Maybe there’s a company that makes it…

2 Likes

Fonzarelli beats out Laverne and Shirley ANY day of the week. Lenny and Squiggy too.

Lenny and Carl though? Nah, Fonz hangs out with them.

1 Like

Nothing beats my L&S in my book. Reviewed L&S in the Army on my podcast this week.

3 Likes

Currently, we can suppress notifications or hide posts from selected users for 4 months at a time, but in some cases that doesn’t cut it. It’s a little surprising, really: every other social media platform or message board I’ve been party to offers more permanent block/ignore features. Why are DCU’s block/ignore settings structured this way?

5 Likes

We have Master Topic threads for assorted topics in the Suggestion Box section but not one to report movie and TV show errors/issues.

Thus, I propose a “Master Topic: Submit All Movie and TV Show Issues HERE” thread.

Thankfully, we don’t seem to have many cracks in the drinking glasses of those content fields. However, when one does see a crack, it’d be nice to have an official thread where we can say “Hey boss, looky!”.

Ya dig, Boss @Applejack?

2 Likes

I’m tempted to post a Happy Days theme music on here! But ‘Hey’ I’d rather ask question instead!:grin::headphones::radio::notes:
With Club reopening soon, how long will it stay open?

2 Likes

“We’re gonna rock, around, the clock, tonight!”

puts on Rob Zombie, sees Potsy voraciously headbanging in the back of Al’s restaurant

“These are your and my happy days!”

3 Likes

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
I notice Harley Quinn season 1 will end in February and Stargirl will come in spring, will there be a new show or returning show in between them?

3 Likes

Hey @Applejack I seem to remember a few months back we were getting “House of Whispers” in our comic collection. I can’t seem to find it anymore…am I going crazy, did we ever have that series? And if so, where has it gone?

2 Likes

@Applejack, which was more iconic: the scene on Happy Days which had Fonzie, Laverne, and Mork (Robin Williams) all in the Cunningham’s living room, or the would-be locker room fight between Richie, Potsie, and Ralph against the Red Devils until Fonzie and The Big Ragu come out of the lockers to enforce at least a fair fight?

3 Likes

There was a near-fight on Happy Days?! Joanie loves Chachi, I’ll have to look that up.

I wouldn’t rumble with Potsie, as he doesn’t ■■■■ around. Just look at his directorial resume. Dude’s been to The Final Frontier, and then some.

2 Likes

Being sick is no fun :face_with_thermometer::sneezing_face:,
In a comic book did any DC Superheroes fight crime while having a cold?

2 Likes

Hi @Applejack

Three questions for ya, and anticipating a reply until the next official “office hours” on the 9th.

I had mentioned in an earlier post about when we could get an updated vision statement and perhaps some insight as to what content would be rolled out and coming back.

(Especially in light of the consternation about all the stuff that is bring rotated out come January 1st. I had a reminder to re-pose the question for the first “official” 2020 office hours on the 9th.)

One other question, I’ve been around monthly since launch. So I figured I’d ask. Any chance of getting the $60 annual rate, if I can scrape up enough cash to go yearly? (Kinda doubting it, but I figure “Ya don’t ask, no way you’ll get.) :wink:

Are we going to have to wait for the binge editions of Doom Patrol & YJ season 4 until just a bit before these seasons are launched? The binge editions have been such a great idea. Really love them, so I’m hoping we get them sooner rather than later.

Hope you had a pleasant new year and got done well deserved R&R.

P.S.
Really digging the curated content like “The Batmen” in the doco section. Hope more of those are in the pipeline. (Crisis on Infinite Earths book club, the Michael Uslan interviews and the interviews with the DCAU participants like Andrea Romano, Kevin Conroy, Susan Eisenberg, etc) really think those would make for great curated doco content.

3 Likes

I was thinking while watching Togo on Disney +, DC Universe should have their own exclusive movie. Why not make like JSA, or The Question or maybe a film of a rarely use hero or villain. What you think? :slightly_smiling_face::popcorn::tv:

4 Likes

@Reaganfan78 DTV movies for DC Universe and/or HBO Max are a great idea.

They’d be a good barometer to see how the public might react to bigger budget theatrical releases featuring certain characters.

4 Likes

Hello @Applejack! From what I’ve pieced together digging around this thread and the Suggestions one, is it likely we will see a “read” indicator function added sometime around February? I sure hope so for the sake of my OCD … OCD … OCD … 1, 2, 3 … 1, 2, 3. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 @Vroom I always thought the Just Imagine Stan Lee Presents would be an excellent source for a series of TV films. They could make a full series of films, tying together eventually. Plus, I don’t think the box office draw would be there, but on a service like this, they would probably be watched quite a bit. The reason I would think the box would be wrong for them is simply the commitment to each part.

3 Likes

Happy New Year @Applejack :woman_technologist:,
Here’s a fun question, on :passenger_ship:U.S.S. Poseidon as the clock strike :clock12:12:00, everybody is celebrating the New Year, :partying_face::tada:. Then Suddenly a Rouge wave :ocean: hit the boat and turn it over upside down! Only a handful Survive. Now no cheating by using power or have anyone from Alantist, which five of 10 of DC Characters can survive by escaping the boat? Remember the water is rushing in and it’s not easy to get to the engine room. :slightly_smiling_face: Here’s your choice:
Bruce Wayne
Barbara Gordon
Lex Luthor
Courtney Whitmore
Hal Jordan
Lois Lane
Dick Grayson
James Gordon
Harley Quinn
Selina Kyle

2 Likes

I’d say all 10 survived due to Hal’s power ring…

3 Likes