Obscurity of DC Club -- Reichuss Mansion

Hey @Jurisdiction . I’m new to this page (and to the DC community as a whole). I was wondering if you could tell me how to join in on the weekly/monthly read alongs and watch alongs? Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey @Ethan_Thorn! To join our read-a-longs and watch-a-longs, all you have to do is comment on the thread. You can see a list of our ongoing and past threads in the Sinister Citadel. You can also see everything Obscurity of DC-related in #obscurity-of-dc-club.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Ethan_Thorn! :partying_face: In addition to the Obscurity of DC Club activities (led by the fabulous @Jurisdiction), you can also find a full calendar of other read-alongs and watch-alongs in the following two threads:

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :muscle:

3 Likes

Gorsh!! Shucks!! Aw stop it, you (but like keep going)! Lol!!!

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Thanks for your help! I’m excited to be here!

3 Likes

Anytime!

4 Likes

I loved the 2000s El Diablo series. Was it a rip-off of Ghost rider. Yeah, it was. :smile:

Nonetheless, it’s a good series about a newly established El Diablo, a former criminal boss who gets contracted to seek out evil people like him. Chato is such a interesting anti-villain that made me want more stories about him and other heroes who were former villains or even heroes who still have many villainous traits. I highly recommend this one.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I think the DCEU has brought El Diablo out of obscurity for the time being. Maybe later, he might be obscure enough to be back on the list, though! A great recommendation!

3 Likes

You’re right about El Diablo being no longer obscure but I did want to highlight a comic book series that was relatively obscure.

3 Likes

Oh I thought you were talking about the character! Thanks for the clarification. It’s on the list now!

3 Likes

I gush over Luke Fox Batwing in my posts and concurrently mention his brother in passing. And while Jace is probably still relatively niche he is not obscure enough to be put on lists like this…But what about Tim?
More specifically a version of Tim that was introduced in DC retroactive by Len Wein.

In this story Tim Fox is still the rebellious kid but now joins a criminal gang called the terrible trio.

No, Tim is not the fox but rather the vulture. Don’t know why but to avoid the obvious I guess? Still a interesting read and would call it obscure enough to have a interesting fact about the Batman in New York.

3 Likes

I’ll check it out

3 Likes

World of Krypton

The Untold Legend of Batman

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s a lot of obscurity there, especially since it follows Jor-El… (or is that THE World of Krypton? Lmk)

Haven’t heard of this but I’ll see if it’s fit for the club!

Thanks for the recs @TheRealDetectiveChimp!

4 Likes

Adding The Untold Legend of Batman to the list

3 Likes

I’m suprise you’ve never read it, I did when I was a kid, it’s a good comic reading.:nerd_face::books:

3 Likes

Pennyworth - An enjoyable, yet depthful, globetrotting spy comic.

Hawkworld - A miniseries with engrossing world building.

4 Likes

I’ll add them both! Thanks @TheRealDetectiveChimp!

4 Likes

yeah i’ll say slobo here now
slobo 2
even todd nauck kinda wants him back
i actually mentioned i miss slobo in his youtube comment section and he understands
yooo todd nauck replied to me

3 Likes