[Lantern Corps] Green Lantern: War Journal #1

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. This issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. Is there anything you are hoping to see in this series?

Previous discussion can be found here

8 Likes

I was curious about John Stewart using his powers to let his mom live the delusion that John’s sister is alive and still a kid. Not sure if she knows this is fake or if John’s mom is suffering from some kind of illness like dementia.

Also got a touch more of what happened to the GLC when it was confirmed it was reorganized under the United Planets. But my question is why did that need to happen? What happened between the end of the previous GL book and the start of the Hal Jordan and John Stewart books?

Don’t get me wrong, I still like the art and the way it is written. But it is frustrating to have such a big status quo change and still not have it explained yet. I mean, John is literally the most powerful GL to ever exist and he is just chilling on Earth! I’m just asking for a little explanation.

Also, John Stewart still separated himself into two copies right?

2 Likes

I thought this issue was great. Having John helping out his aging mother is a solid choice for him leaving the corps. Combined with his crazy power, it’s a nice change of pace from everyone being a super powered lantern.

That said, I’m curious about the new ring.

2 Likes
  1. What was your favorite part?

I would definitely say the fight between John and the scrub GL that tries to arrest him. Really fun and dynamic, and showed just how skilled and powerful John is.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

Definitely that opening and what happens to the woman and her crew. Usually the whole “someone gets a new ring” is a momentous, heroic occasion…not this time, though! :sweat_smile:

1. Is there anything you are hoping to see in this series?

I dunno – part of me wants to see some more of that fun world-building stuff PKJ does, but I don’t know how much that can be done in six issues. So I’ll just live with John Stewart being an absolute badass.

1 Like