[Lantern Corps] Green Lantern: War Journal #2

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. This issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. What do you think of the Revenant?

Previous discussion can be found here

3 Likes

What was your favorite part?

John’s interactions with his mom. He’s such a loving guy, despite being an insane powerhouse as well as an engineering genius.

Was anything surprising to see?

Honestly, was not expecting John to get bit. Kinda hyped to see where this goes.

What do you think of the Revenant?

So far, they seem like Black Lanterns that spread by zombie bites, instead of just raising the dead.

2 Likes

Pretty good issue. And I di really enjoy John’s mom and how they interact. And seeing them meet Steel in Metropolis was pretty cool.

The Revenant are a collective enemy group that we know surprisingly little about. Aside from coming from a different universe, we are only now getting an idea of how it works. But looking forward to more

3 Likes

where is the love for this series ?! I didn’t want to make a new thread and found this, I hope this picks up steam. Maybe Lantern fans are not enjoying it? I am though. I couldn’t find a collected thread for issues 1-3 so, if you dont want spoilers I am talking about #5.

#3 was awesome,

And The Radiant Dead are an interesting concept in that they can draw power off a Green Lantern and I assume others in the emotional spectrum, I just did a search on The Radiant Dead, and now things are making better sense.

I hope that things become clearer later in the series if not soon, if I didn’t read a spoiler article, I would have been clueless, and now I have to re-read the first 3 just to see if things haven’t been revealed yet, or to see if I completely missed something. Also, I am surprised no one brought up the Black Lantern Corps; seems like a giant opportunity to bring Black Hand in and see what he can add or even do against the new undead foe.

The struggle John had with having to protect his mother and then leave her to protect the greater good was a real tear-jerker of a scene.

Also I am curious to see if in the new Hal Jordan Green Lantern with sector 2814 being in Quarantine if it is going to tie into this story, because The Radiant Dead, seem to spread like a virus, it would be dope to see Hal wrap up his thing with Sinestro, to then team up with John and work to stop The Radiant Dead, with the Black Lantern Corps in the mix some how.

3 Likes

New posts are made when the issue is released on DCUI. Issue 3 will be added in December. For reference, issue 1 has a discussion here.

Also worth mentioning - the Lantern Corps club. All things Green Lantern, and other colors of the emotional spectrum.

1 Like

and fyi I didnt edit correctly, i meant issue 3 not 5, cant talk about 5 when it aint even out.

2 Likes

I love this book! As much or even more than the Hal Jordan GL book, which is also in good hands.
PK Johnson has restored elements of danger and mystery to John Stewart’s story, while maintaining a very relatable, empathetic sense of humanity to his character. Between this book, ACTION and INCREDIBLE HULK, PKJ is knocking it out of the park every month!

2 Likes

Happy DCUI Anniversary @Corpsmember.78! :partying_face: Thanks for being a great member of the community! :cake:

1 Like

ty ty

2 Likes