Have We Met?

Thanks HCA, I assumed they had somewhere or other. Glad you could pin it down for me!

2 Likes

You’re welcome

The New 52 Shade series is indeed available to read here. I’d recommend it – it’s one of my favorite DC books from that particular era.

As for Deathstroke vs. Katana, the fight you’re looking for takes place in 2009’s The Outsiders #19. The entire team fights against Deathstroke in that one, but Katana carves out some one-on-one time.

3 Likes

Excelente, mi amigo! Now I’ve got to see the rest of that fight!

2 Likes

Dark Nights: Metal introduces the Council of Immortals, a group which appears in as a body of long-lived significant DC figures who meet to discuss the long arc of humanity. Immortal Man is one of the council’s most prominent members. And while they’re no longer with the group now, Hawkman and Hawkgirl are depicted among them in flashback sequences of prior meetings.

3 Likes

Already did this one for you!

3 Likes

Krona and Darkseid?

I know from past answers, your preferences for the ruler of Apokolips. But do you consider him more powerful than Krona?

1 Like

We’ve never seen these two meet, even though it feels like they should have by now. The question of “who’s more powerful” depends a lot on the time and place – both of these figures’ power scales fluctuate with the times. In the 80s and 90s, I might have been inclined to side with Krona. But today, when Darkseid has killed the entire Quintessence with one blow in Infinite Frontier, and the whole of the Guardians of the Universe in Justice League: Last Ride, I’m going with Darkseid.

4 Likes

Killer Croc and Gustave the Nile Crocodile

2 Likes

“Killer Croc” Gustave has never appeared in a DC story, but there was an Aquaman villain named Gustave the Great, aka “Animal Master,” in 1959’s Adventure Comics #261.

2 Likes

Try 2006’s Justice #11 on for size!

4 Likes

" On for size," cute. I like it. I like it. :smiley:

2 Likes

2 for 3! First, in Showcase '95 #2, Shrapnel is hired by Will Magnus’ enemy Dr. Tonegawa to take the Metal Men out.

Next, during Superman’s “Y2K” story arc, the Metal Men arrive to aid Superman against a towering, Brainiac-13 upgraded Metallo in Superman #154.

The Metal Men have had a few close calls with Cyborg Superman, such as in the Sinestro Corps War, where they fought on opposite sides, but have yet to directly encounter each other.

2 Likes

Watch Metal Men vs Cyborg Superman be announced today.

2 Likes

Fabtabulous sir, simply fabtabulous!

2 Likes

Thinking back, on earlier queries about the original Suicide Squad and Unknown Soldier, I realized I’d never put the two together. Now I’m wondering if anybody else did either? Over to you, sir.

2 Likes

Indeed they have! The Unknown Soldier took charge as the team’s field leader in the New 52 Suicide Squad series in 2013’s Suicide Squad #19, and remained with the team until the next year’s Suicide Squad #29. Since then, Unknown Soldier has remained employed by various branches of US military and intelligence for other sensitive operations.

2 Likes

A recent viewing of Kong vs Godzilla had me taking stock of Kong’s new domain. That of course set off my “what if …? bells.” Like a Kong/Warlord crossover! Wouldn’t that be wild! But on a more probable path is a meeting between Travis Morgan and Cave Carson! I’m gonna go out on a limb here, and say that DC has never brought those two together, as yet. How my doing?

2 Likes

I’ll let Hub do the official answer but the way i remember it Skartaris was actually supposed to be in another dimension so its highly unlikely.

2 Likes

While watching the 3rd season of Doom Patrol on HBO/Max, I started thinking about Laura De Mille, aka Madame Rouge. And wondering if she ever encountered any of the Clayfaces, at any time. Possibly the original, Basil Karlo through her previous life as a stage actress. Or maybe one of the real shape shifters, who came later, while acting as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil.

And just how many of these transformative masqueraders have there been, anyway? At least a half dozen, by my count. Although I think you may have answered this last one before, somewhere. Thanks, Q.