Have We Met?

The “Archive Editions” line was discontinued in 2014. It’s since been replaced by DC’s “Golden Age,” “Silver Age,” and “Bronze Age” Omnibus editions.

4 Likes

Nope! Red Jack is only really featured in one Doom Patrol story arc, and Mr. Nobody is just too weird to really interface with the rest of the DC Universe… but the Doom Patrol has always kind of existed in their own corner of continuity, Beast Boy being the rare social butterfly among them.

The most crossover you’re going to see with the Doom Patrol stable of villains is the Brotherhood of Evil, who have followed Beast Boy to menace the Teen Titans from time to time – as well as a nascent Justice League, in JLA: Year One.

3 Likes

Mento and The Thinker never appear on panel together, but the former Doom Patrol member casts a shadow over Thinker’s appearance in the Doom Patrol/Suicide Squad Special. When Rick Flag takes Thinker’s helmet in the midst of the chaos, he is warned of what became of Mento when he attempted to use a similar device. Apart from that, the two haven’t figured into each other’s lives.

As for Elasti-Girl and The Atom, Rita and Ray come face-to-face in JLA #94-99, “The Tenth Cricle,” a controversial reintroduction of the Doom Patrol to the DC Universe after years of Vertigo sequestration from the rest of DC continuity.

4 Likes

Thank you, sir! Can’t believe I remembered the JLA turning up at Rita and Dayton’s wedding (back in Doom Patrol #104) in '66, but not the more memorable reintro of the DP back into mainstream continuity, where this meeting takes place. Thanks again for the recap.

All of which brings up another inquiry. Keeping with Rita, I gotta know, have she and Grodd’s girlfriend Giganta ever duked it out?

2 Likes

Actually, Chimp was one of the few detectives not featured in Event Leviathan. According to Bendis, Maleev was more interested in focusing on the human DC characters, so that’s where the series has been leaning.

Damian and Bobo are both guests at Harley Quinn’s holiday party in the 2016 Rebirth Holiday Special, but aren’t seen interacting.

The next year, Damian and Detective Chimp are both among the survivors at the Oblivion Bar in Dark Nights: Death Metal #3, but don’t share words with each other. Later, in Death Metal #6, Chimp is in attendance at the Metal afterparty where Jon Kent, Damian, and Alfred are working as the band.

Chimp and Damian are both seen getting counseling in Heroes in Crisis #9, but probably weren’t there at the same time.

In Justice League: Doom War, Chimp and Damian both report for duty, but are in different parts of the crowd.

In DCeased: Dead Planet, Bobo and Damian are both among the survivors 5 years after the event, but don’t interact there either.

Which is all to say they’ve shared some crowd scenes, but have had no real one-on-one time.

4 Likes

Terry McGinnis and Damian Wayne

2 Likes

Got a couple of Halloween themed queries for ya sir. One, I’ll lay on ya now, the other comes later, over on Ask the Question? Quite honestly, I’m surprised this hasn’t come up before now (or maybe it has). Have James Craddock, aka the Gentleman Ghost, and Andrew Bennett ever met, in this world or the next?

2 Likes

That is such a superb question! Considering that Damian (as a mainstream character in the DCU), did not yet exist, when Batman Beyond was introduced back in Jan of '99. Likewise, he is also missing from that other renowned alternate future, Frank Miller’s the Dark Knight Returns, in '86 for (obviously) the exact same reasons.

Since then, the whole future of Batman’s world has been changed dramatically. With various Robins popping up out of the woodwork, among other things. So like you, I too would love to hear the answer to that query!

3 Likes

There’s a major storyline about this which runs through Dan Jurgens’ Batman Beyond Rebirth series! Beginning with Batman Beyond (2016) #6 and carrying all the way through to the end of the series, Terry contends with a new Ra’s al Ghul, who is in fact a grown-up Damian.

6 Likes

Attaboy, Q, I knew you’d come through.

3 Likes

I also knew.

Miller has written two sequels since Damian’s creation (3 if you count Kingdom Come as his creation) so he has had a chance to put him in the DKR universe but never done so.

3 Likes

Your response to @PhantomOf78 a few weeks back was a pleasant surprise. It brings forth two questions for me. Is that series available, on-line? And second, has Katana ever crossed swords with.Deathstroke?

3 Likes

While putting together my latest brainteaser over at your main “hub” Hub, It kicked this one into gear. Given that Klarn Arg, the Immortal Man has a reincarnation ability, I’m surprised I haven’t put him together with Hawkman before now. So sir, the obvious question here is, have the Winged Wonders ever crossed paths (in any lifetime) with him? No doubt in some super Crisis or other, I suspect.

3 Likes

Shadow Thief and Eclipso

2 Likes

Let’s stay on that theme, shall we. How about …
Shadow Thief and the Shade?

3 Likes

In the recent Hawkman series they battle.

2 Likes

That’s great to know. I’ll have to take a look at that.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This meeting has not yet taken place. However, Andrew Bennett does cross paths with The Haunted Tank in 2006’s Tales of the Unexpected.

4 Likes

Looking at the teaser for Black Adam got me thinking about someone. The android Red Tornado, pre Crisis, shared ties with the JSA & JLA. And Maxine Hunkel (aka Cyclone) is the blood-kin granddaughter of Ma Hunkel, the original Red Tornado. Would it be fair to assume that these two windy blowhards (meant in the kindest way, of course), have met before?

And has Abigal Mathilda Hunkel ever swapped recipes with a certain Harriet Cooper (on-line maybe), by any chance? I wonder who makes the best peach cobbler?

2 Likes

Maxine and the android met in The Lightning Saga

3 Likes