Harley's Crew

:laughing:

6 Likes

“Cookie! COOKIE!”

I could really go for some soft and chewy Chips Ahoy! cookies, right now.

hears a barker in the distance yell “Soft and chewy Chips Ahoy, here! Get your soft and chewy Chips Ahoy, right here!”

What timing!

pulls a fiver out of his sock and goes to get some cookies

6 Likes

Me too, @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder. Time will tell, of course.:green_heart:

Actually. :thinking: I feel the same way w/ all this Megan Fox talk. It’s a bit of an underwhelming casting choice, imo. I feel like we can do better in terms of range for film…and should. :woman_shrugging:t2: Taking looks out of the equation: Can she, for instance (or whoever is being considered), pull off a mutant version of Ivy? (:raised_hand: this is just how my brain works, y’all. lol)

Agree @ejdias.95910. She kinda looks the part in an old-school way (almost not old enough, :laughing:) but “looking like” a character isn’t a major requirement for me. It’s not enough.

I just know I want Ivy :rose: :0_poison_ivy_tas: to be sassy and intelligent, AND she’s GOTTA be a little terrifying in the end (and not “terrifying” in only some male sexual fantasy way). Her story could almost be a horror film, shes NOT afraid to fight or get her hands dirty, and she’s also one of the biggest feminists in comics. Plus! (and this is a big one :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) I have to eventually believe she is in love w/ :diamonds:Harley, so as I’ve said MANY times: this should be just as much about chemistry in the audition, as it is range and looks. :00_harlivy:
Again: Time will tell.
Ps. Lift that painfully queer-coded veil Ivy wears and go all the way, WB. :00_dc_pride: :green_heart:

8 Likes

Solid points all here Queen @Razzzcat, and I’m in full agreement. The range aspect is a reasonable issue of concern, but also- Fox has been away from the spotlight for a while so maybe she’s had some time to get some black box work in and has sharpened her in frame skillset. Anyhoo, like you said casting Pam correctly is extremely important based on the nuances of her character and I really, really hope that when the time comes that the production team get’s it right. HQAS’ team hit it out of the park when they cast Lake B. in the role so I’m hoping for the same magic when it comes time for the feature film cameras to roll. :smiley:

YES. :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Agreed as well. As much as I think Jennifer’s Body is a low-key classic, I don’t see Megan Fox as Pamalamb. We need someone like Lake, both warm and cuddly, but also capable of turning up the sass to eleven. I honestly can’t think of anyone that’s a sure perfect for Ivy and also absolutely she would need bonkers chemistry with Margot. :purple_heart:

But I believe we will get our Harlivy sooner rather than later! :muscle:

6 Likes

Agreed Mighty @Mae.

I think that when it comes to casting Pam if the production team can address this aspect effectively it will go a long way towards getting this crucial DC icon in front of the camera.

5 Likes

I really liked his character…but I was also hoping he would die

5 Likes

He was OK with me… right up until he killed Rick. Then he was out.

5 Likes

I was very upset with that

5 Likes

Me too @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder. :pleading_face:

5 Likes
6 Likes

@Harleys-Crew peeps! We have a very cute WAL announcement! Please join us for more DCSHG shenanigans this coming Monday and the next :hugs:

11 Likes

Yay!

6 Likes

Very true, @Mae. I can’t think of anyone either, lol! Also FACT: no single person will please everyone (w/ ANY character). And I agree we’ll get them sooner rather than later :0_poison_ivy_bombshells::00_harlivy: :0_harley_quinn_bombshells: I have hope.

Ms. Fox as A-Ivy, maybe! But for Margot’s Ivy, in a theatrical release, I want someone as good as she is in the role of Harley Quinn if they can swing it. I don’t see it here, either, BUT that’s :100: up to Margot (Aka the producer), the director and the auditions. We’ll see.

@DC89 First: More Lake Bell—MOOOOORE! :poisonivy_hqas:

I’m willing to give anyone a try in any role, in any version of a story, but I also have entertainment PTSD! :sweat_smile: I know you definitely don’t need a TedTalk on what it feels like to not be the target audience, tho. Disagreeing on casting choices here & there doesn’t mean (any of us) don’t agree on the overall issue of discrimination and representation. We’re on the same page. :white_check_mark: :cobb_squad:

As for that, I’ll be short…

but it bears repeating in general

Dear suits,
When the audience that gets ignored ((coughs)) women & minorities—sometimes simultaneously) is repeatedly burned, we know when we aren’t being considered and when it’s been forced. :purple_heart: And we vote w/ our wallets.

Also DC, :thinking: was it your anniversary or your Bday recently? I’m confused!

Ps. @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder after that scene w/ Flagg, I didn’t want Peacemaker to live either. I’m w/ you. Good scene, but I’m going to be kinda bitter about that for a little while. I’ll prbly check out the show, tho. Could be good! We’ll see. If it’s not, we could just spite-watch it?? :joy: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Speak on it Queen @Razzzcat. :raised_hands:

#Truth

My DCUI anniversary was on August 27th. :smiley: Not sure why everyone was wishing me a Happy B-Day tho. But the sentiment was very much appreciated. :smiley:

5 Likes

There is a lot to unpack here. I am that odd person that saw Jennifer’s Body back when it came out and thought it was okay. It wasn’t great and still isn’t great but it is a perfect middle of the road teen horror flick. Horror movies are generally not critical darlings. It was pretty crappy that Hollywood, for whatever reason, thought Jennifer’s Body would be different. Obviously, there is a lot more here, as you have provided in many of the links above and I agree the criticism wasn’t where it should have been aimed.

Back to Megan Fox being Poison Ivy. There have been many actors cast in roles that I didn’t think would work on paper. After Heath Ledger, I have politely stayed silent on my thoughts. In context, Heath Ledger was known for teen flicks, teen magazine covers, and an okay action movie or two. Nothing that screamed Joker. I was wrong.

8 Likes

Remember, that’s me making fun of the Internet’s rush to judgment on casting calls. :slight_smile:

If Fox is a fan and does well in the role, then that’s great and I’ll support her all the way.

I’m sure she’s eager to sink her teeth into a nice, delicious, artistic apple and have a role that’s all her own for years to come.

However, 25 years and change of being involved in online fandoms has shown me that people will unfortunately rush to judgment, instead of being open-minded and waiting to actually see the actor in character before making up their mind.

As for Ledger, I found him an intriguing choice from the get-go. He wasn’t my first choice, but I remained open-minded about him and in the end, he was a fantastic Joker.

SN: After The Dark Knight, my favorite Ledger movie is 10 Things I Hate About You.

8 Likes

Had forgotten how fun this Q&A with Harls from Fandome '20 was. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew:

6 Likes
8 Likes

I think I peed a bit when I saw this at the fandome lol. It was so funny!!!

5 Likes