Harley Quinn S2, E3 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Very awesome episode.

Catwoman was great. Or should I say purrrrfect. I enjoyed how she just couldn’t stop stealing.

The Riddleventure was hilarious. The crew was great. Frank was awesome nice to see him back. And riddler just be with the crew now sounds like a blast.

The freeze goons were great. This show has great goon fun.

Harley was fun fit the gun and now it’s time for freeze.

Dr trapp a very deep cut. I knew the name but never seen him before. Looked him up and found out he’s a main Martian Manhunter villain. Enjoy his villains getting the light.

Ivy and Kiteman (hell yeah). Ivy was great very funny in this. Getting back at the dumpers. Her fanning over Catwoman was great. Overall was hilarious. But the end with marrying Kiteman (hell yeah). (Maybe could be a trick with the cliffhanger ending). Hope it goes through can’t have enough of Kiteman (hell yeah).

Overall a very awesome episode.

10 Likes

All I’ll say is:

Kiteman - Hell yeah.

You deserve it buddy.

Ivy totally should’ve said, “Hell yeah.” To his third proposal.

Think about him for a second.

He’s deathly afraid of traps. He said that. Harley called BS and he was totally honest.

Kiteman faced one of his deadly fears, not to mention risked his life, in order to get a ring for the woman that he loves.

This is a guy with no powers. His only useful trait is a kite. Yet he went into a super villain’s lair, that was filled with death traps, just so he could propose the right way.

Call him lame.
Call him annoying.
But also call him loyal, caring, and dedicated.

Kiteman… Hell yeah.

12 Likes

Also I’m seeing ivy’s eating habits talk.

So here’s a thread with a very informative video and some talks from the community about it.

4 Likes

I thought it was a great episode! I loved all the Easter eggs in the museum/Dr. Trap lair. I thought Kite-Man really shined in the episode. The Riddler was a surprise hit for me as well since I wasn’t expected him having a bigger role again. I loved the interactions between Ivy/Catwoman and Harley/Kite-Man. An all-around great episode! :poisonivy_hqas: :harley_thinkhqtas: :kitemanhqtas: :riddlerhqtas: :catwoman_hv_5:

6 Likes

I love this show so much. Just such a blast watching it every time a new eps uploads.

• Catwoman was really well done. Great scripting for her, but there’s just no way she’s ever cooler than Pam in my eyes.

• So glad that Harley finally saw Kiteman for the solid guy that he is. Wasn’t looking forward to seeing any ongoing friction taking place between the two that would’ve pressured Pam.

• Psycho’s line about “breading and frying” the koi was almost a spit take for me. Sooo funny!

• The ending was SO fantastic. Love these two’s friendship. Honest, consistent, and empowering for both.

Absolute BF’s forever. Love. This. Show. :harley_smilehqtas: :poison_eyebrowhqtas: :kitemanhqtas: :kinghsark_grinhqtas: :drpsycho_eyebrowhqtas: :catwoman_hv_1::clayface_apalledhqtas: :hyenahqtas::frank_grinhqtas: :syborgman_hqtas: :riddlerhqtas:

7 Likes

Okay but why is SELINA KYLE black?

Argh, vague answer is vague. :laughing:

3 Likes
  • When Batman: Year One hit the comic store shelves back in 1987 it was widely believed at the time that Frank Miller and David Mazzuccheli in a cool twist on history presented Selina as African American during the run of the series. I know that my friends and I thought she was reimagined as a black woman when we bought our copies of the landmark storyline.

• Zoe Kravitz’s casting as the legendary cat burglar in the upcoming R. Pattison Bat-Film might have inspired this nifty new version we saw in the episode.

• And also- why not? I thought she was pretty awesome.

11 Likes

And let’s not forget Eartha Kitt! I feel like she may be the biggest influence on this Catwoman, considering how often this show references the Adam West era.

13 Likes

Solid point @Gorilla_Todd

3 Likes

Okay, this episode was awesome and appropriately frustrating. Ivy and Kiteman!? I get the fling, but marriage? No way. Ivy’s interaction with Catwoman was awesome. She obviously has or had a huge crush on her, and Harley was totally jealous. But I’m really hoping that Ivy sees that she can do better and ends up with Harley, especially now that Harley is being more supportive and a little less selfish. If those two don’t end up together I’m going to be so frickin sad.

8 Likes

Loved this episode and loved Selina! Truly a chaotic neutral at her finest. :catwoman_hv_4: The history between her and Ivy was honestly a highlight—I’m a firm believer that Ivy totally had a crush on her. I also loved how Selina brought up how Ivy wasn’t acting like Poison Ivy™ and how that led to her going back to her roots (pun intended). And Harley! Oh, my beautiful psychopath, she’s finally learning how to be less selfish! I’m really hoping that this ongoing development leads to Harlivy… I mean, Kiteman has grown on me and he’s a great guy, but… marriage? I dunno about this one, Ivy. Overall, I throughly enjoyed the episode! As always, I can’t wait or the next one! :poisonivy_hqas: :green_heart: :harleyquinn_hqas:

9 Likes

The showrunners already confirmed that Harley and Ivy will be getting together by the end of the season, so we’ve just gotta wait a little while longer for it

And yeah, I totally got that impression about Ivy and Selina too. Not only was she completely flustered around her, but she didn’t have any problem w/ Catwoman stealing her jacket or leaving them to die after the heist. Ivy’s totally whipped for Selina (pun intended)

11 Likes

Yeeeeessssss!!!

3 Likes

“When was the last time you stole diamonds?”

“Honey, I’m ALWAYS stealing diamonds.”

9 Likes

@Sushi-Volcano I was just about to chime in w/ this! :facepunch:Harvesting and pruning are sometimes essential to plant health, so picking some figs, or grabbing a handful of…cilantro will only make the plant stronger. It’s not killing them. Also if she’s part human she needs some kind of sustenance, so she must have to consume something at some point; but she’s part plant as well so I imagine water and sunlight go a long way. Photosynthesis n’ all that. Combine those w/ a little sugar & npk from any source and she’s good to go! @HubCityQuestion, would you agree?

Ps. @J3D28F.17202 (or anyone else calling hypocrisy on Ivy) The chemicals were already dumped, she can’t remove them, that’s not how chemical pollution works (if it were easy we’d do it now), SO she made the culprits go for a swim in it the way old Ivy would have.

6 Likes

Interesting tidbit … Adam West’s last TV appearance was on Powerless, the show written by Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker, the creators of this Harley. There is a real respect and fondness for Adam West.

See Joker/Clayface/Dr. Trap and King Shark in photo.

7 Likes

Agreed @Razzzcat. Pam gave those Ace Chemical toadies a taste of their own bad medicine, literally. And why not, seeing as how the pollution from the chem dump was by then permanent there was nothing left to do but tie up some loose ends. Probably not wise to mess with Mother Nature as Ivy’s 24/7 down to ride for the cause. :poison_eyebrowhqtas::poison_unamusedhqtas::poison_undercoverhqtas:

5 Likes

Yep, @DC89. Felt like justice to me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
This is just a small part of why I think Ivy is criminally underused nowadays. DC, you’re leaving money on the table. Her time has come. (Plz send that up the pipeline @DC_Community.:+1:)

5 Likes

Sounds legit. Also something to consider: mushrooms. Lots of nutrients, and not technically plants.

4 Likes