Harley Quinn S2, E3 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

I love that Riddler is basically just part of the crew now. Also, great to see Frank and Sy again! I missed those jerks.

7 Likes

I love these deep cuts. Characters who youā€™d never think youā€™d see in animation.

I asked the showrunners about this once. They say that what they do is theyā€™ll have a role for a particular type of character in a story, and then go deep in the DC encyclopedia to find someone who fits the bill. The characterā€™s popularity is not a factor.

12 Likes

Fireflyā€™s flamethrower, Fireflyā€™s flamethrower, Fireflyā€™s flamethrower, Fireflyā€™s flamethrower, Fireflyā€™s flamethrower.

4 Likes

Wait, so is Ivy vegetarian? That doesnā€™t make sense. She doesnā€™t eat meat, but she eats plants? If she loves plants so much, itā€™d be the other way around.

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s my favorite interaction so far. And I loved the look Catwoman gave Harley when Ivy was just going off on a tangent. God, these characters would be amazing in a GCS spin-off.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about this a lot, and I think youā€™ve got to think bigger picture. Meat consumption has a way bigger environmental impact than vegetarianism.

10 Likes

Bookmarking that article for later reading. But if eating animals affects the environment, isnā€™t vegetarianism still straight-up plant murder? Most people wouldnā€™t think of it that way since they donā€™t really see plants as alive, but Ivy certainly would see plants as living beings. So I donā€™t see how her continuing to eat plants makes sense for her character. Maybe going vegan is the answer for her? I donā€™t know much about what constitutes a ā€œvegan,ā€ Iā€™ll be honest, but donā€™t vegans only eat foods that come from neither animals nor plants? Idk, I could be way off on that.

4 Likes

Pardon me for butting in on this conversation, but itā€™s something Iā€™ve thought about as well. Many vegetarians abstain from meat, but some eat dairy products or eggs. I believe vegans consume nothing from animals, but they certainly eat plant products.

When it comes to Ivy, I think itā€™s just something thatā€™s a part of her character. There are carnivorous plants, so maybe sheā€™s like that? I could have sworn she ate a bug in one of the comics. Maybe it was the wedding issues with Batman and Catwoman? Canā€™t remember, but I believe it happened. So, she shouldnā€™t be above eating things that other carnivorous plants in the world eat. Donā€™t know if they eat other plants (or how), but thereā€™s that.

6 Likes

I think in the DC Super Hero Girls show Ivy was a carnivore.

6 Likes

Was LITERALLY just thinking about that!

Thereā€™s a really funny short online that shows her aversion to eating plants

6 Likes

Thatā€™s probably where it was illegally dumped in the first place.

6 Likes

l

@Aylex?

7 Likes

Does that make it okay, though?

2 Likes

Yep! It was weird to think about but makes sense from the whole ā€œplants are peopleā€ viewpoint though the environmental one @HubCityQuestion brought up makes me think Ivy never eats and is just sustained by the sun and soil.

5 Likes

Ah, yes. The question people always ask about Ivy. Eating a fruit, for example, is completely different from eating a root. Plants need their roots to survive, but they benefit from animals eating their fruit and pooping out the seeds at a different location.

7 Likes

Ha! I knew Riddler was gonna use the bottles they were throwing at him to escapeā€¦
What? He didnā€™t escape? What a weirdo.

2 Likes

I feel like the fact we didnā€™t see Ivy say yes means weā€™re going to get a surprise next episodeā€¦it wonā€™t be that easy for them.

Not to mention the scene from the trailer showing Ivy and Harley holding hands happened and we were mislead! Or we hoped for something moreā€¦

Hereā€™s hoping Ivy and Kitemanā€™s drama is Harley :heart: Ivy

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Every easter egg in the museum, if yā€™all are interested:

8 Likes

Was just thinking that in Season 1, Ivy briefly laments being unable to pull off a ā€œkitten heel.ā€ Stealth foreshadowing to Selinaā€™s influence on her?

1 Like

this show is literally the only reason why i have DCU!!! keep it up! itā€™s great :)! ::harley_delicioushqtas:: ::poisonivy_hqas::

11 Likes