🎄DC Universe Christmas 🎄

A Season Greeting to you all, From today til Christmas, we’ll be looking alot of Christmas stuff at Comics, shows and movies.
I do plan on making a Christmas Scavenger hunt very soon. This will be a wiki, if I’m missing anything please feel free to edit this.
I personally wanted to thank @Applejack for letting me do this, So here we go,

Comics
Batman:

Batman (1940) #9
Batman first Christmas story.

Batman (1940) #27
Batman & Robin must save Christmas by stopping The Penguin!

Batman: The Long Halloween #3
A popular Batman mini-series of who is a Holiday Killer?

The Flash:

The Flash (1987) #73
Christmas time for the Flash!

Superman:

Superman Christmas Adventures (1940) #1
Superman save Christmas!

Action Comic (1938) #93
Superman goes around the world to see how Christmas is celebrated!

Action Comics (1938) #105
Superman teaches a man who hate Christmas the true meaning of Christmas.

The Batman Adventures:

The Batman Adventures: Holiday Special #1
A Christmas Stories based on the hit animated series.

The Batman Adventures #28
Harley Quinn goes under Cover!

The Batman & Robin Adventures:

The Batman & Robin Adventures #3
The Riddler hold the millionaires hostage to find out who is the real Batman and Robin!

TV Series:
Batman The Animated Series: Christmas With The Joker

The Joker takes over the airwave to host his own Holiday Special! Can Batman and Robin stop him and save the hostages in time?

Justice League The Animated Series: Comfort And Joy
JL_ComfortJoy
After saving a distant planet, the Justice League returns to Earth just in time for Christmas Eve. While Flash plays Santa for some orphans, Superman invites J’onn home to celebrate the holidays in Smallville.

Smallville (2001-2011)
Season 5 Episode 9: Lexmas

It’s a wonderful life, Lex. A tragedy on Christmas Eve gives him a glimpse of a potentially happy future with wife Lana… if he makes the right choices. Meanwhile, Clark assists a disheartened Santa Claus.

Season 7 Episode 9: Gemini

As Christmas draws near, Lois receives a call from an anonymous man claiming that Chloe is attached to a bomb, and the only way he won’t let it blow is if she reports the truth of Lex’s atrocious experiments about the mysterious 33.1.

Arrow (2012-2020)
Season 1 Episode 9: Year’s End

Oliver Queen attempts to track down a mysterious copycat vigilante who is killing people on the list.

Season 2 Episode 9: Three Ghosts

After a fight with Cyrus Gold, aka the Acolyte, Oliver is drugged and left for dead. Determined to cure him, Felicity makes a risky decision. The cure causes Oliver to hallucinate, and what he sees forces him to confront his past.

Season 4 Episode 9: Dark Waters

Oliver moves against HIVE; Malcolm goes to see Thea, leaving her with a warning; Damien Darhk retaliates at Oliver’s holiday party.

The Flash (2014-)
Season 1 Episode 9: The Man In The Yellow Suit

During the holidays, the Flash confronts the Reverse-Flash, the man who killed his mother. Caitlin gets surprising news about her fiancé, Ronnie.

Season 2 Episode 9: Running To Stand Still

Believing Flash to be weakened, Weather Wizard returns to break Captain Cold and The Trickster out of Iron Heights Prison to form a triumvirate against him at Christmastime.

Season 3 Episode 9: The Present

Barry heads to Earth Three to get advice from Jay Garrick on how to stop Savitar. Wally tells Barry that he has been training with H.R… Old wounds are reopened as Cisco faces Christmas without Dante.

Season 4 Episode 9: Don’t Run

Amunet kidnaps Caitlin and forces her to perform a tricky medical task and the Thinker traps the Flash in a speedster-proof prison.

Supergirl (2015-)

Season 3 Episode 9: Reign

Supergirl traces the origins of a mysterious symbol to an ancient prophecy and the mark of the World Killer, Reign.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (2016-)

Season 2 Episode 11: Turncoat
S2E11 - Turncoat(1)

The Legends travel to the winter of 1776 to protect George Washington during the American Revolution, but Sara is forced to send out Nate and Amaya when things don’t go as planned.

Season 3 Episode 9: Beebo the God of War

The Legends investigate an Anachronism in a Viking settlement in the New World and realize the Norsemen are worshiping an artifact as their god.

Clubs presenting Christmas Stories

• All month Characters of DC is doing a series of holiday stories from across the DCU. It features multiple characters from various Holiday Special issues. See this link for details.

• Renegade Robins: Damian Wayne is also covering a few holiday stories that feature Damian Wayne and one that features Jason Todd. See details here.

• The JSA Book Club will be presenting two JSA Christmas tales: “I Left My Heart at the JSA Canteen” and “Be Good For Goodness Sake” starting December 16th. See this link for details.

This is just a beginning and working progress, more is on a way. This will be sort of like the @DCHistoryClub, any help is appreciated.:grinning:

8 Likes

That episode from Justice League The Animated Series got me… :cry: :+1:

4 Likes

Hey @Scroogefan78 all three of my clubs will be covering various holiday stories in December. Can I add links to the wiki that lead to those discussions when I post them? If not I’d be happy to just add the stories we are reading instead.

4 Likes

Please do, that sounds great.:grinning:

2 Likes

Changing my profile picture for this month!

3 Likes

Yeah I changed mine for the month too @Bluelanternofsector2814.

3 Likes

I notice everybody was either changing their username, picture or both. So I did both! I’m a huge fan of A Christmas Carol and watch so many great film versions of them.:closed_book::tophat::christmas_tree::grinning:
That’s why I called myself Scroogefan78.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I changed both for Halloween but I didn’t want to do both this time.

I’m a big fan of A Christmas Carol too. I think I’ve seen every film version out there. Is that Alastair Sim’s as Scrooge in your avatar? Loved that movie. It’s one of my favorites.

3 Likes

Yup it is. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Muppets Christmas carol is the best version. :rofl:

3 Likes

That one is one of my favorites too @Bluelanternofsector2814.

3 Likes

@Scroogefan78 I’ve posted my clubs’ links to the wiki for anyone interested.

2 Likes

DC Movies
Shazam!
shazam
With a watch along of the movie this Friday, hope you guys can join, the watch along will be hosted by @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell. Here’s a link…

What makes Shazam a great Christmas film? Well it take place around Christmas time, this movie is sort of still new so I don’t want too spoil it. It you haven’t seen this film, be sure to check it out. :grinning: It has alot of action and it’s really funny.
Also here’s behind the scene and bloopers of Shazam!

:zap:

Batman Returns
Batman_returns_poster2
In the Summer of 1992, Batman returned to the big screen, thanks to the popular 1989 Batman film.
In this film Batman takes on not 1, but 2 villians, The Penguin and Catwoman.
Tim Burton return to direct this movie, and Michael Keaton is back as Batman.
The Penguin would be play by Danny Devito and Catwoman would be play by Michelle Pfeiffer.

The movie would take place around Christmas time, here’s a two clips of behind the scene.:slightly_smiling_face:

You can find this movie on HBO Max or any streaming service that may be available. And this and Shazam are both available on home videos. :grinning:

Movie Comics
DC Library does have a movie adaptation comic book to read…

Batman Returns
:batman_hv_1:
:catwoman_hv_2:
:penguin_starehqtas:

3 Likes

Look what I found, where are you going to find Santa Claus teaming up with a Superhero?
Only right here in DC Universe, we have Superman teaming up with Santa Claus to stop the evil Toyman!

DC Comics Presents (1978) #67
:santa: :superman_hv_4:
:superman:

2 Likes

@Scroogefan78, this is a great idea thank you for putting together a thread for DC and DCU club Christmas content. This makes it much easier to dive into holiday! :santa: :dc: :metal:

1 Like

I added some stuff on Batman Returns, a few post up.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello everybody,
:grinning:We have 2 new Christmas comics that just came out tonight, and here they are…

New Year’s evil (2019) #1

Harley Quinn (2016) #68

Also I would like to add 2 more old comics to this list, :slightly_smiling_face:

Green Lantern: Larfleeze Christmas Special #1

New Adventures Of Superboy (1980) #39
More Christmas comics is on the way soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Found that the TV show The Flash (2014-) had a number of Christmas themed episodes during its first 4 seasons to add to the list Scroogefan. :flash_hv_1: :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

It’s ironic that larfleeze is in the Christmas special. The season of GIVING. :joy:

1 Like

Well hello there once more @Reaganfan78. :wave: :sunglasses:

Hope that Scroogefan is well… Perhaps off discussing things with Sportsmaster78 and Penguinfan? :superman_hv_4:

Just added in some Christmas episodes from… Smallville! :clark_hv_5:

I’ll have to double check Arrow, Legends, and the rest to see what else might be added later. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like