Watch-along - BYOM - SHAZAM! 12/4 @5pm pst/8pm est

We all have a superhero inside of us – it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In 14-year-old Billy Batson’s case, all he needs to do is shout out one word to transform into the adult superhero Shazam. Still a kid at heart, Shazam revels in the new version of himself by doing what any other teen would do – have fun while testing out his newfound powers. But he’ll need to master them quickly before the evil Dr. Thaddeus Sivana can get his hands on Shazam’s magical abilities.

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: Shazam!

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Shazam! on a big screen. So there, too.

When:: Friday, December 4th starting at 5p PST/8p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – Shazam! is not on DC Universe. To access, grab your copy of Shazam! on DVD or Blu-Ray, or find it on HBO Max 3.

DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

CREDITS MUST ROLL - Please do not skip the opening or end credits so we all stick together. Anyone lost in the Speed Force, just let us know!

A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 5:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of this character-studded show unfold!

9 Likes

:zap:SHAZAM!!!:zap:
:man_superhero:
I had to say it!:grin:

6 Likes

@Scroogefan78 that’s the perfect response here—it :100: had to be done. :sunglasses:

Ps. Annabelle has a cameo in this one… you all saw her riiight?

👀

3 Likes

When

3 Likes

Keep your eyes peeled when the cops show up near the beginning…in the store. :+1:

3 Likes

also in

Aquaman

4 Likes

Haven’t seen this movie since it was in theaters! I’m excited for tonight. Trying to find my PS3 so I can update it and see if it works with HBO Max.

2 Likes

I love this movie. I have a movie night with my mom tonight. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Freddy: Hey Bill…er I mean Thundercracker,it’s almost time for watch along!
Billy: Oh snap, I almost forgot, I better grab a snack first!
shazam-movie-trailer-1548056526-c2f965d
Billy: Hello I would like to find a finest snack you have.
Clerk: Chips, cookies and candy is over on your right, soda in the back.
Billy: Thankyou.

[30 minutes later]
giphy
Billy: I can’t fight you now, I have to get to Watch along!
Savanna: Want a watch along? Here’s your watch along! [Punch Billy!]
(1 hour later!)
4d8b4ee7b5386d6c311fccee0cc113df
Billy: Hey guys, I finally made it to the Watch Along, you wouldn’t believe what I just went through to get here!

The End…
:zap:

4 Likes

Progress report:
:ballot_box_with_check: Found PS3, updated it.
-Does not work with HBO Max (browser’s just too outdated for streaming)
:ballot_box_with_check: Connected PC to big screen
:ballot_box_with_check: ???
:ballot_box_with_check: Profit!

2 Likes

As I walk through the halls of the Rock of Eternity I will fear no evil for the Wizard is with me…SHAZAM!!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

^ if anyone ever needed the power of flight it’s this guy :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Movie night with Mom should always win! Then again, I have programmed my seedling to watch everything I pick for WALs, sooooo…

3 Likes

Right? And the courage of Achilles!

2 Likes

I do so love these WAL stories, @Scroogefan78! :green_heart:

1 Like

Hello @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell and Seedling, I’m ready for tonight watch along.:grinning: By the way I’m Reaganfan78, I change my username to Scroogefan78, cause I’m a huge fan of A Christmas Carol.

3 Likes

Everybody

There are
TWO scenes within the credits.

ONE is at the very end

3 Likes

Can’t wait to watch new movies on HBO Max from the comfort of my own home.:grinning:

3 Likes

3 Likes