DC Fan Art Club

@DCFanArtClub,

Hello, and happy Saturday! For those of you out there still working, thank you for your service amid the chaos. You’re keeping society functioning as the rest of us wear sweatpants and flannel like a second skin.

We’ve had a sudden influx of members, so I wanted to share a few reminders and a poll to gauge everyone’s experience with the club.

Announcements

1. The mods encourage that we don’t double post (meaning, art that shows up in the Community threads shouldn’t also appear in the Fan Creations section). That said, I understand people want a lot of exposure, and not all community members wander into the clubs section of DCU. A few ideas for how to help with this…
  • When posting non-challenge art in Everything DC > Fan Creations, feel free to link back to your Weekly Challenge entries. “See more of my stuff here!”, etc.

• Spread the love. If you create multiple entries for a weekly challenge, post 1 to our group, and post the other in Fan Creations.

1. Today’s weekly challenge has been postponed so that those working on their entry for the Robin Monthly Challenge have extra time to finish up.

2. We now have a sketch-dump thread in the Fan Creations section. This is the place to dump sketches and doodles that you want to share but not necessarily spotlight in a solo thread.

3. Thanks and congrats to @EasternShoreSpeedster for being the first to offer her talents to our new-ish requests thread!

4. Anyone can submit challenge ideas by direct messaging me! Even if you’re a lurker and not one of our artists, feel free to speak up!

Polls
(My skin is as thick as Croc’s. Be honest.)

1. How do you feel about club communications/notifications?
    This means all the times I @ the group.
  • Too often
  • OK
  • Not enough; I keep missing announcements when you don’t use it

0 voters

1. Is it helpful to have people use the #dcfac hashtag when posting their art?
  • Yes, it makes it easier to find fellow clubmembers’ work
  • No, it gets mixed up with official club announcements. Create a different tag for members’ artwork.

0 voters

1. The weekly challenges are…
  • Too difficult or specific
  • A-OKAY
  • Too frequent! Once a week is too much

0 voters

1. I think these polls…
  • Are a good way to discover members’ preferences
  • Are just CynicalPink’s way of putting off working on her challenge entries

0 voters

5 Likes