DC Book Club Vol. I - JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE TOTALITY (2018)

I bought issues 1 and 2 when they came out and…haven’t read any more of it since then, as it felt like Orlando was trying to do his best imitation of King’s Mister Miracle (also a series I’m not too big on), so it fell flat for me.

5 Likes

I totally agree. I wanted more of him, with the yellow ring. And my god he looked like Sinestro walked off the page! I’m glad he was given a chance to return to DC in Shazam. He was great in that too. I’m looking forward to more Silvana.

5 Likes

Don’t worry she got better Superman put her back together

5 Likes

Interesting, because I’ve been curious about that Mister Miracle series. And funny, the suggestion of Martian Manhunter came from the same crew at my shop, who also highly recommended Mister Miracle.

5 Likes

Imagine Sinestro popping up in a Shazam movie and Strong playing him and Sivana.

Shazam would say “You know, there’s something eerily similar between you two.”

Sinestro and Sivana glance at each other and shrug

Then, Green Lantern swoops in and they have a big 'ol battle royale! Storytelling/continuity logistics be damned, that’d be a fun scene!

5 Likes

It could work, cause the DCEU doesn’t seem to give a damn about continuity anymore. If they ever really did. :laughing:

4 Likes

Hey @jwarzy5702! Welcome back to the Community - we’ve missed you!

This was the same voice cast that I thought of as I read - it just seemed to fit the best.

Right?! I’ve been a passive fan of J’onn for years, but never felt the desire to dig that much deeper into him as a character until now. The entire first issue was really about him and everyone else was just, well, supporting characters in their own story.

6 Likes

Added to my personal “Read Before Others” list! Thanks, @Vroom!

7 Likes

No problemo! Have some Oreos and a tall, frosty glass of milk nearby as well.

5 Likes

Since Brandon Routh has already shared a scene with himself as Superman/Clark and Atom/Ray Palmer, it can definitely be done!

6 Likes

Whatever gives us more of Strong’s Sinestro, I’m all for it.

4 Likes

Why did I not know this was a thing? I love Orlando’s writing! runs to Google

Oh! AND Riley Rossmo is the artist? Umm…be right back. runs to online retailer

Alright - I’m back and Martian Manhunter: Identity is on my way to being at my house in 2 days. :partying_face:

7 Likes

You know, you could just read it here and save that scratch for other DC goodies. :wink:

3 Likes

I was about to say that too. Unless, of course, you just want it in your collection, then understandable.

5 Likes

True, but when it comes to green-ish fellers, I’d sooner spend my bucks on this guy:

Also a star of The Totality. :slight_smile: His trading card artwork is from the below book (Justice League #6), which was the conclusion of the arc:

8 Likes

mister miracle is pretty good, kind of its own canon tbh (which King excels in imo) but I enjoyed it

5 Likes

The Martian was one of my favorite superheroes growing up and I was so happy that Snyder and Jimenez brought him back into DC mainstream!

6 Likes

His new 52 run was the first thing I read from his work. Loved it. It’s what made me had an interested in Snyder’s work.

3 Likes

I’ve read the first couple issues of the Martian Manhunter maxiseries but I’ll definitely finish it sometime!

4 Likes

I loved Snyder’s Batman run, too! I hadn’t read a ton of Batman comics before that, but once I started them I couldn’t stop. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes