Club Owner’s Note, 4.8.21: Thank you, to all our 900 DC Book Club members, for joining our very first installment to discuss JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE TOTALITY! If you’re still catching up on the reading, no problem at all! This is an ongoing discussion, and you can join in at any time
Read on to see what we discussed in March 2021 for JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE TOTALITY!
This month, the DC Book Club is partnering with the
Justice League Book Club to bring you…
They call it the Totality: the concentrated essence of the secret Source of all things. When it crash-lands in the Nevada desert, everyone and everything that comes into contact with it comes out… changed. And power like that attracts the power-hungry. The mad, the merciless, the monstrous.
The Legion of Doom.
Lex Luthor has assembled the Justice League’s archnemeses–Sinestro, Black Manta, the Cheetah, Gorilla Grodd and The Joker himself–into an unstoppable alliance, out to seize the Totality and use it for their own unspeakable plans, beginning with a brand-new Lantern Corps…
It’s League versus Legion as the universe’s greatest heroes and villains collide in Justice League Vol. 1: The Totality, from superstar writer Scott Snyder ( Dark Nights: Metal ) and artists Jorge Jimenez, Jim Cheung and Doug Mahnke. Collects Justice League #1-7. A new era for the DC Universe begins here!
You can find Justice League: The Totality right on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE,
available to registered members for FREE the entire month of March 2021, no paid subscription required!
Club Owner’s note: This title is no longer available for free, but check back for each installment of the DC Book Club’s selected titles!
Feel free to post your comments and reactions below throughout the month of March,
and keep your eye on your DMs for more information on talent appearances and digital perks!
Feel free to answer any of the questions below you wish- no need to answer all of them!
- Did reading this story make you want to learn more about a certain member of the Justice League?
- When did Batman plant bombs inside the moon?
- Did you find any moments particularly funny?
- Do you think the comedy takes away or adds to the series?
- Do you hear any celebrity voices when you read the characters?
- How would you describe Jorge Jimenez’s art style?
- Did you have a favorite moment or panel of artwork? Why did that stand out to you?
2021-03-22T07:00:00Z → 2021-03-29T07:00:00Z
- The Source Wall, The Totality, Umbrax, The Keep of Mars, the Still Force, the First Force, Turtle, the Ultraviolet/Invisible Spectrum- how do you keep them straight? What is your understanding of their interplay?
- Can you name all the Green Lanterns in this beautiful shot?
How did having a different writer (James Tynion IV) and artist (Doug Mahnke) on the Legion of Doom issue impact the overall reading of the story so far? Did the change in tone complement the experience?
As noted in issue #5: "If he could, [Lex Luthor] would ask you the question he asked the rest. ‘A legion that did not stand for people as they should be, but as they were, and would always be.’." Do you agree that people’s nature is fundamentally chaotic and doom-driven, as Luthor suggests?
In the back pages of issue #5, we see Scott Snyder outline each villain’s core beliefs. A throughline of these beliefs is that everyone should be “true” to themselves. Do you agree with any of these villains’ philosophies? Why or why not?
- On page 17 of issue #6, we see a culmination of our heroes grappling with their sense of blame and guilt for not being more forthcoming about their struggles.
How do you think the outcome of events might have been different if they had risked being vulnerable? Even if it didn’t make a difference in the events of THE TOTALITY, might this vulnerability have made a stronger team?
- Do you have a favorite pairing of heroes, villains, or hero + villain in this series? What did you like about that chemistry?
What do you think the final message of JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE TOTALITY was?
What will you be reading next?
2021-03-01T08:00:00Z → 2021-03-31T07:00:00Z
Looking for more Justice League titles to discuss?
Check out the Justice League Book Club’s “Snyder Fest '21” kick-off, starting with Dark Nights Metal!
2021-03-15T07:00:00Z → 2021-04-05T07:00:00Z
Justice League: The Totality reading and open discussion in comments below
Digital Perks- Find desktop & mobile wallpapers + printable bookmarks here!
If you think our Book Club is fun, get a load of all the great conversations happening around the entire DC Community, all day err’day!