Amazon Headquarters

I’m rereading Wonder Woman Rebirth right now because…it’s my favorite so I don’t need a reason. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Anyway, this is my first time noticing this little Easter egg:

Current and previous Wonder Woman writers and artists are worked into the mall shop names. A year ago I wouldn’t have known as many of these names or had my eye drawn to them (I’m also reading in my hardcover volume so it’s larger and easier to see).

The Greg Rucka one is pretty obvious and front-and-center. But I also see references to Liam Sharp, Nicola Scott, George Perez, Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang, and Phil Jimenez. There are probably more I’m missing. Anyone spot any other references here? :world_of_wonder:

6 Likes

I never noticed those! Nice.

One thing I did notice was that all of the Doctors and Scientists in some run had the names of previous writers/artists. Love when they take the time to throw in a few Easter Eggs for us.

5 Likes

I was looking again and noticed references to William Moulton Marston (WMM) and Jill Thompson on the top floor shops. :face_with_monocle:

That is a thing I am noticing rereading this run as well! So far there has been a “Professor Jimenez” and “General Simone” - not main characters or necessarily someone we even see so it’s not too on the nose, but it’s there if you’re looking for it. Pretty cool. :blush:

6 Likes

Random musings regarding Wonder Woman villains

1. Im not sure if I should count the Warhead from Superfriends as the same guy from Wonder Woman. They have the same head shape, but ive no idea if its intentional or not.

2. Do the original villains for Cheetahs supervillain team the Menagerie count as Wonder Woman villains? They never fight Wonder Woman but they do fight Steve…

3. Wonder Woman has six evil CEO supervillains in Wade Dazzle, Veronica Cale, Sebastian Bellasteros, Henry Armbuster, Doctor Solano, and Christina Cade.
    Imagine if they ever teamed up.

8 Likes

I was just rereading the 75th special and saw this in Liam Sharp’s story:

Apparently they have wild boar on Themyscira. (It references Diana hunting them…) But anyway, look at that cutie! :heart_eyes: A million times cuter than that pig in the Superpets movie. :unamused:

6 Likes

For anyone looking to check out Wonder Woman: Historia, the Black Label title focusing on the origins of the Amazons - the first issue is free on DCUI between now and 8/7!

And if you’d like to discuss it, we’ve been doing that over here:

6 Likes

:wondersquadron2: Greetings @WonderSquadron! This months reading is up—one last Spotlight. Hope to see you there! :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Could I ask someone to post over in the Encyclopedia again? ^^; I hit the 20 post limit it seems.

On a related note, what are peoples thoughts on the villains thus far? Its been a bit since ive seen anyones musings over the new additions

4 Likes

Let me put it this way:

After your profiles, I’ve dm’d @Razzzcat for an OODC/Wonder Squad crossover

5 Likes

Love them, enjoying reading the summaries and learning more about them, some I remember but not most, haven’t been posting in the thread as I didn’t want to mess up its flow.

4 Likes

Only until the 7th? :unamused: But, why? Does that mean we won’t get the next issue?

I don’t know much of anything about either. I’ll give it a shot. :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

I don’t know the reasoning for this, but anything Black Label seems to get weird treatment on DCUI.

There are only 2 issues so far - they are coming out quarterly and there will be 4 total. I have no idea if they’ll put the others up, but I still highly recommend the first one. At least you can see if you like it! :blush:

7 Likes

saw this the other day.

10 Likes

I’ve been having so much fun playing as Diana in this game! :star_struck: Have you tried it out at all yet?

8 Likes

Just so everyone knows, ill be gone for about a week, so I wont be able to add any villains to the encyclopedia for a bit

7 Likes

:eyes: Hope you got a chance to check it out. ‘Cause it’s awesome.

If not, take it away, Steve… :saluting_face: :purple_heart:

Nooo! CALAMITY KITTENS!

And have a great week off @nuuninuunani!

11 Likes

Only briefly as of now, but it was fun!

6 Likes

lol that’s a great panel.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Question, would Mike Baily and Lady Lunar count as Wonder Woman villains?

4 Likes