Your First Purchase

Ageist! :grinning: I bet you prefer 3D!

2 Likes

Yeah, it was the IDW one. Unlike you I was never able to watch R rated movies, which may be a good thing. I was traumatized by the littlest things. :rofl:

1 Like

3D haters and your need for a hemorrhoid cushion aside… have you read Man of Steel? It’s so good! I think you were talking about Byrne earlier. Am I confused about who said they like him?

2 Likes

I love Byrne and I did read the Man of Steel miniseries. I was working my way through college at the time, so my comic purchases dwindled to Jon Sable, American Flagg, and Cerebus. It was that or drink and a man has to have priorities!

4 Likes

@TravisMorgan Absolutely!!

2 Likes

I was 11ish. That was actually at my newsstand. It was a creepy, cool cover.

5 Likes

Wow, I don’t think I’ve read that one.

This was the Batman vs Predator TPB I had

3 Likes

Hey guys! While we’re always thrilled to see our community having fun and getting to know one another, please do remember to stay on topic.

Let’s bring this back around to this awesome subject and continue chatting about the first comic book you invested in. :heart:

2 Likes

I had an issue of the companion comic for The Batman cartoon series, not sure what issue but it definitely changed my life.

1 Like

The first comic I ever bought was actually in a Comic Book Store across from a sandwich while we got food from when I was a kid. The book was G.I. Joe 21. I thought I was going in to get issue 20. However, from when I saw 20 and couldn’t get it to when I had the money and went back a month had passed. Issue 22 it was. When I got home I thought something was wrong since there were no words. LOL.

The first DC book I remember getting was Justice League 5 1987. :slightly_smiling_face: and my love of DC Comics started.

3 Likes

This was your first comic? I didn’t even know this existed!

1 Like

4 Likes

First marvel was this Guardians of the Galaxy comic that came out around the time of the movie. First dc comic was the new 52 Deathstroke that came with the mask.

2 Likes

Lucky! I would have killed to get that issue

1 Like

Oh god. Was the mask anything like the Harley Quinn one they added for her New 52 Volume 1 book? The construction leaves much to be desired lol

2 Likes

It is very thin plastic with a little strap on the back. It scares the heck out of my dog when I wear it though lol

2 Likes

If you had this one, I don’t think your dog would ever leave the closet

4 Likes

The first comic I bought with my own money was probably a few issues of JLA Year One. I loved the story, and to this day, I still haven’t finished that series (Not because the series was bad or got old, but because I keep getting sidetracked with other comics).
-Jack

4 Likes

Oh gosh that’s scary

1 Like

Joker issue #1 1975 at the Flea Market I posted on put your comic shop on the map. In 1983 I walked there & bought it. They moved the Flea Market across the street from when I bought it. It was huge than & even bigger now. Paid .75 cents for it.

4 Likes