You Are in Charge of the DCU!

I would go superman and green arrow superman shouldn’t be a background star I would have batman be that star then bring in batman movie later

4 Likes

Maybe letting Clark be the background star would actually help him since it is an angle not used yet in live action. If Smallville is from the normal person’s perspective Clark is a background star until the end of season 9.

The recent Justice Society animated movie let Clark be a background star, and it is the coolest I have seen him in a movie since Gods and Monsters.

2 Likes

Just a friendly reminder to please keep on topic! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll play :slightly_smiling_face:.

Year One (The Basics):

• Starting with Superman makes sense. Yes I’m a Superman fan and I am biased. I just posted about what I’d like to see in a Superman movie here:
    Cavill Superman Sequel Movie DEAD/Different (New) Superman Movie Being Written By James Gunn - #34 by moro

• Follow that with Batman. Nix the overly dark and extremely moody narratives & settings. I’d probably shoot for something inspired by Batman The Animated Series, but in live action form. Definitely introduce Dick Grayson here.

• Wonder Woman. Not a period piece. Draw heavily from her Greek mythology roots. Have her meet the World’s Finest at the very end.

Year Two (Space!)

• Martian Manhunter. Lean into something a bit serious & scary with him. I feel like his shape-shifting and telepathic powers lend themselves well to that tone.

• Green Lantern. An epic space saga, with ties to earth.

• The Fourth World. This establishes Apokolips and New Genesis, with Darkseid setting his eyes on earth at the end.

Year Three (Team Ups)

• World’s Finest. A true team-up movie, that not only showcases their differences, but the start of their friendship. No Dark Knight Returns fights. Opportunity here for some light comedy. Sprinkle in the rest of the heroes in small roles/cameos.

• Green Arrow and Black Canary. An action romance.

• Blue Beetle & Booster Gold. Fully lean into the action comedy on this one.

Year Four (Back to basics)

• Aquaman.

• The Flash.

• Trinity. Features the germination of the Justice League with the main focus on the big three. The Hall of Justice is formed.

Year Five (The Justice League)

• Cyborg. Establish his ties to the mother boxes and Apokolips.

• Zatanna. Establish the magic corners of the DCU.

• Justice League. The team takes on Darkseid.

Now things start to get a little hazy:

Year Six:

• Superman II

• Hawkman & Hawkgirl. As Thanagarians, not ancient Egyptians. Action adventure / romance.

• Batman II

Year Seven:

• Wonder Woman II

• John Constantine

• Nightwing.

Year Eight:

• Starfire.

• The Flash Green Lantern team-up.

• Justice League Dark.

Year Nine:

• Raven

• Martian Manhunter II

• Superboy.

Year Ten:

• Titans.

• Justice League II.

I’d also like to see Plastic Man, Firestorm, and Batgirl somewhere. Maybe they can land as fourth movies in one of the years, or be part of one of the team movies.

3 Likes

Excellent. Although, I might wait for Darkseid and the Fourth World introductions until “phase 2.” The big baddy for phase one could be Brianiac.

Nice ideas though!

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:

I was thinking Brainiac would pop up either in a Superman movie, or in the Trinity flick that ushers in the formation of the Justice League. For JLII, I was thinking cosmic level threat, like the Anti-Monitor. At that point we’d have established most of the major DC heroes & teams, so you’d have one big explosive movie at the end. After that you can reboot and start over again with new actors, if you wanted to :joy:.

3 Likes

I don’t really want to make a DCEU so I’m gonna make a Reevesverse

(I thought up most of this while I was on the treadmill so bear in mind this might be a horrible idea.)

The Batman - it already exists, can be a perfect starting point for a street level hero centered universe

The Question (TV show) - could have Vic living in gotham after the city fixed up all the flooding and now that Falcone isn’t the top mobster in gotham you could have someone like Black Mask come in to play and have Vic try to stop him, around the finale of the show you could have Vic and Batman team up to stop Black Mask and after all is said and done you can have Vic move to Hub city.

(could also just have Vic be in Hub City from the start and have him and Batman meet up some other time but The Question and Batman teaming up would be pretty awesome)

Black Canary (could work as a Movie or a Show) - could be set before The Batman and be about Dinah being trained by Wildcat and taking over her mom’s superhero identity, could have a post credit scene where Bruce walks into Wildcats gym.

Zatanna (Movie) - I don’t actually know what villains Zee fights so I don’t really know what to do for this one but I just want to see Bruce and Zatanna hang out together.

2 Likes

She had an ongoing that gave her a few foes

1 Like

Have to look into that.

I would bring Grant Gustin in to play the Flash on the big screen, he is a solid actor and has been for me , killing it , as the Flash, But, I wouldn’t have it be a CW style movie or filmed like CW does , more leaning towards a rogues vs the flash movie, just right out the gate, skip the origin story. I’d even have a disclaimer saying, this isn’t an origin story, if you don’t know the origin of the Flash, go find it in a comic book. An I would have it scroll on the screen like in Star Wars.

1 Like

As much as I enjoyed the Flash and as much as I like and respect Grant, I would like a different actor in the cinematic role. And after the last year or so I’d really like it to be a classic Wally West Flash. (I’m really done with the Rebirth/Flashpoint Barry Allen tragic origin BS!….his true origin was never tragic!)

3 Likes

If I were put in James Gunn’s position, I would ask if I could have free reign to do what I want to get on track. If that were the case, then I would start by making the new Flash movie Flashpoint and use that as a way to reboot the whole universe and start over and cancel everything else.

I would separate everything into phases. I have already made a phase one outline for comics so that is what I would use to start

1. Batman Year One
  2. Man of Steel
  3. Flash Year One
  4. Man Who Laughs
  5. gods and Mortals
  6. Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman Trinity
  7. Long Halloween
  8. Kryptonite
  9. Emerald Dawn 1
  10. Time and Tide
  11. Challenge of the gods
  12. Emerald Dawn 2
  13. Wonder Year
  14. Search for Mera
  15. JLA Year One

These would all be stand-alone stories but connect to form a bigger story.

I f they told me that I had to follow an outline like yours I would start with Superman Man of Steel or Birthright (I would read them first then see which on fits better into the narrative of the universe I would be building) I would hold auditions for Superman (and everyone on this list) because there is no one I know of that can portray Superman how I think he aught to be done. Batman would an adaptation of year one. Wonder Woman should be gods and mortals. The Flash film would be tricky, but I would probably adapt year one.

2 Likes

Never cared for Barry Allen.
If anything I would love either Wally West or a Wallace West as the main flash.

3 Likes

Start off with having the Anti-Monitor killing off Christopher Reeve’s Superman just to piss old, nostalgic people off :sweat_smile:

ambush bug

3 Likes

I’d make actual good movies you know what I mean

Don’t do any Batman stuff for like 20 years. Then have Christian Bale come back for The Dark Knight Returns. Yes that Dark Knight Returns. People will lose their minds and it will be worth the wait.

Yes you’ll have to recast Heath Ledger’s Joker but I feel like that’s an appropriate amount of time to wait to do so.

2 Likes

Ive posted on here before with a plan but after (not really long hours because hour is a standerd unit of time so its the same length every time) hours of consideration I have come to a decision that I think will shock the movie industry and put it on its head.

Summary

Just cancel it. Have stand alone movies for the first time in literally 10 years and dont connect any of them except maybe an implied connection. This just seems to be the way to go.

Question, is there a single universe that you havent heard a ton and a half of criticism about since 2019? I havent. People seem to be tired of the universe format. If you are going to do it, do it wisely. Dont plan 100 years of movies before you start pre production on the first; Work on good movies not lots of movies.

Stand alone movies have existed for 75 or so years before the MCU and subsequent Cinematic Universes came out, and they did just fine. To a degree universes started with universal pictures monster movies, but that is a different format.

So yeah, cancel and make 1 off movies, maybe sequels. And pretend that Cinematic Universes didnt happen.

1 Like

That’d be cool. But they’d probably need a different character than joker because you can’t replace Heath Ledger.

2 Likes