Cavill Superman Sequel Movie DEAD/Different (New) Superman Movie Being Written By James Gunn

1- At some point, preferably in the 21st century, the powers that be will have enough PR sense to generate good publicity for DC movies.

2- Losing Cavill in the role is unfortunate, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world for DC movies that some folks make it out to be. I’m more upset about how it happened than the fact that it did happen. Bringing him back in a post credit scene only to cut him after was just bad form, change of leadership notwithstanding. Having said that, the head of the studio is on record saying he’s working on Superman and that the character is their top priority. That should be good news for Superman fans.

3- For the upcoming movie, my asks as a fan are simple. Make a Superman movie that makes me feel good. Make it bright, hopeful, inspirational, fun, and exciting. Bring back the classic costume, and if not, at least give us the symbol that the world recognizes :00_superman1:. Showcase all his powers, but also showcase his good nature, not just as a hero, but as a person. Draw from the comics, but don’t make it accessible only to comic book readers. Draw from the Donner movies, but don’t flat out copy them. Simple asks.

3 Likes