You Are in Charge of the DCU!

I’ll play :slightly_smiling_face:.

Year One (The Basics):

• Starting with Superman makes sense. Yes I’m a Superman fan and I am biased. I just posted about what I’d like to see in a Superman movie here:
    Cavill Superman Sequel Movie DEAD/Different (New) Superman Movie Being Written By James Gunn - #34 by moro

• Follow that with Batman. Nix the overly dark and extremely moody narratives & settings. I’d probably shoot for something inspired by Batman The Animated Series, but in live action form. Definitely introduce Dick Grayson here.

• Wonder Woman. Not a period piece. Draw heavily from her Greek mythology roots. Have her meet the World’s Finest at the very end.

Year Two (Space!)

• Martian Manhunter. Lean into something a bit serious & scary with him. I feel like his shape-shifting and telepathic powers lend themselves well to that tone.

• Green Lantern. An epic space saga, with ties to earth.

• The Fourth World. This establishes Apokolips and New Genesis, with Darkseid setting his eyes on earth at the end.

Year Three (Team Ups)

• World’s Finest. A true team-up movie, that not only showcases their differences, but the start of their friendship. No Dark Knight Returns fights. Opportunity here for some light comedy. Sprinkle in the rest of the heroes in small roles/cameos.

• Green Arrow and Black Canary. An action romance.

• Blue Beetle & Booster Gold. Fully lean into the action comedy on this one.

Year Four (Back to basics)

• Aquaman.

• The Flash.

• Trinity. Features the germination of the Justice League with the main focus on the big three. The Hall of Justice is formed.

Year Five (The Justice League)

• Cyborg. Establish his ties to the mother boxes and Apokolips.

• Zatanna. Establish the magic corners of the DCU.

• Justice League. The team takes on Darkseid.

Now things start to get a little hazy:

Year Six:

• Superman II

• Hawkman & Hawkgirl. As Thanagarians, not ancient Egyptians. Action adventure / romance.

• Batman II

Year Seven:

• Wonder Woman II

• John Constantine

• Nightwing.

Year Eight:

• Starfire.

• The Flash Green Lantern team-up.

• Justice League Dark.

Year Nine:

• Raven

• Martian Manhunter II

• Superboy.

Year Ten:

• Titans.

• Justice League II.

I’d also like to see Plastic Man, Firestorm, and Batgirl somewhere. Maybe they can land as fourth movies in one of the years, or be part of one of the team movies.

3 Likes