Would you pay double to have access to ALL comics?

100% yes

3 Likes

I’m a slow reader and there’s other entertainment, plus a thing called real life. So for me this rotating thing will not work. I cannot binge-read a storyline like Death of Superman in a couple of weeks. I won’t be renewing after this.

3 Likes

I’d pay around 10 for unlimited comic access, or 13 for all media and comics. I don’t even care if they have it a year behind current just so they can keep selling those.

1 Like

No. $15 a month is too steep. $10 a month would be reasonable. This whole rotating thing is garbage.

1 Like

The rotation on the comics has already screwed up me finishing a couple books I started. I love dc and would pay more for more access. I’ve already bought most of what I’m reading. Some of it it I’ve bought twice. It’s just nice to use the guided veiw on my phone instead of digging through my long boxes.

Please make this work DC. I wont be renewing as it stands unless things change.

2 Likes

YES.

Honestly, I dont want to pay more. I think it should be the case with what were paying now. I can’t help but compare Marvels service with the comic selection they have and feel DC should be offering the same.

3 Likes

I’d pay 11$/mo for access to all comics, even no newer than a year old. DC needs to put an end to this rotating comics strategy, it simply feels too “markety”. Maybe make a next tier for more committed comics fans?

4 Likes

I would pay $100 a year for just the comics, if DC would work it like MU. After 6 months, comics are placed here. I am more of the comic guy that I am the movie/tv guy. Heck, I don’t care too much for the tv/movie side of things at all, but I get how important those are to some people, and I would still pay more for a complete service of tv/movies/comics as long as the comics were on a set schedule. How much more? Well, right now I have MU for $70 a year, but if I had to pay, I would go $120 here, for everything, and again, I would end up only watching maybe 3 things a year. Hahaha :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d pay up to $15 a month for access to all the comics. I’d even be happy paying for just the comics. I could easily do without the movies and TV.

1 Like

No, these are back issues that aren’t even in print anymore unless you count any omnibus books. Keep the issues 1-2 yrs behind, same as Marvel Unlimited.

1 Like

So in light of the recent news and restructuring of the comics, I remembered this thread. DC, my offer still stands :wink:

2 Likes

My offer also stands. Would pay double.

If every single book DC published over the last 84 years under all of their brands, labels, imprints and the like was available, sure.

I’m absolutely happy with what DCU currently is though, and will continue to be. It continually ascends to greater heights of success day after day.

1 Like

Maybe that’s the big announcement.

No I am poor I fine with it.

Heck, I’d pay double for unlimited availability but limited access in the vein of what some library sites like Freading do- you get x number checkouts per week, any you don’t use rolling over.

Since the price for one Graphic Novel is about 14.99 on Comixolgy, I don’t think DC Management would even consider offering a complete library for that price.

And when would I have time to read All of it? Or even to navigate through all the various Green Lantern series and determine what to read first?

It takes me three days to get through the New comics i buy each week, as it is.

Partially because most current comics don’t bring me great joy or surprises any more. Some are almost like work, trying to get through them, to understand what is going on…

Rebirth may be dead, or at least waiting for Doomsday Clock to end. Comics like Shazam and Batgirl are fewer these days, as the stories start to go dark again.

It is not the money, but I need more the advice on what to read here or buy elsewhere.

Basically, one to three good, solid arcs for each of the major characters and teams is what I want, as the characters show their values and abilities. After that, it can get very repetitious.

And nostalgia does play a part, or maybe the plots were simpler then and the artwork cleaner, like George Perez, John Byrne or Joe Staton. Or the plot was resolved in one or two issues. And I liked the hero and knew what the hell was happening each issue.

I certainly would, even if there’s a 6-month delay of the latest issue like Marvel Unlimited.

Don’t think that’s happening though.

Someone pointed out on another thread that while Marvel obviously has trades and the like, DC may be more dependent on their back catalog then any other comic book company. So even thought it apparently works for Marvel (although arguably just because it is still around doesn’t mean it has not hurt trade sales, but at worst it has not hurt them enough to end the service) DC could stand to lose more starting a service that could make their trades less profitable.

Although in answer to the original question, if they did I probably would pay for it as it would still be the price of a trade per month and time permitting I could read a lot more then that. Just seems DC is not going that direction but if they are listening I definitely would not complain if they did.

1 Like