Would you pay double to have access to ALL comics?

Not sure about double but if it was a seperate sub for each service e . I’d like more that 3 issues of something that’s been out since 2011

Nope! I would not pay double.

3 Likes

Yes, I would pay double the current price a month for full access to DC’s digital catalog. I’m an avid user of the Marvel Unlimited service, but my heart belongs to DC. Double the cost would be worth it to me to be able to binge read decades of DC titles.

2 Likes

Probably not. Though I’d pay 9.99 or a bit more for a service that just had all the comics of, at the very least, the big characters ranging from the 30s to the end of New 52. I’d want everything up to six months back, but who am I kidding? It would take me years to read all that.

4 Likes

I already paid $74. something, something because I thought that I would have all the comics, movies, and T.V. shows in the “DC Universe” at my finger tips. And currently I’m at a very firm not renewing for next year.

They’re going to have to add every single one of the animated movies, the live action Titans better be good, and Young Justice season 3 better stand up with 1&2, add all the new DC movies from Man of Steel to Justice League (and eventually Aquaman too), and as for the complete list of comics they should already on be here.

And I mean everything; from Detective Comics Issue Number 1 all the way to some really obscure thing that came out yesterday that nobody’s going to read anyway. It should all be on here. If they wanted more money they should have thought about that first, because I might have paid more, but right now I’m feeling kind of cheated. Therefore less likely to give them more money.

4 Likes

If it’d give me access to ALL of their digital comics, films, and shows, absolutely.

2 Likes

For absolutely everything yeah.

So how do you know which comics you can read right now and are the ones that are on the site now free to read with your subscription?

I totally would, although I do think right now the choices are a little light. As for the value on those dollars; go pick up a comic and check that price tag before you complain too much. Sure you don’t get something physical, but lots of people who make things you love will get to keep doing that. Really, even if you hate it right now, waiting until October to get too judgy is probably prudent.

Nope. Marvel Unlimited is already cheaper and has a very large library. To pay more is a lesser deal for me. I don’t care much for the videos and such, that content is readily available elsewhere. DC is a comic based company and THAT is the content I want. They need to be competitive with Marvel, not twice as costly.

2 Likes

My heart tells me I would pay double for everything, but my mind thinks that’s preposterous. Even now with the minimal comics and movie library they have I have a full plate of reading and watching. Just in my comics list if have 52 books to read! If I had access to all the comics I would only read my favorites in binge format. Frankly I don’t have time for that, and if I made time for it I wouldn’t use Netflix or Vudu or buy any actual comics. I would feel like i needed to get my moneys woth, like i feel now, and in turn spend all my time with that one app. I like to collect things , so to pay $150 a year would keep me from investing in that collection. And then after 1 hear I wanna cancel I will have a total of 0 comics collected in that year and nothing to look back on. I would only pay double for more comics if that fee gave me major discounts on comics on kindle

1 Like

Yes. Absolutely.

I afree with Matt…however, I would still consider it. There is just so much there I want to read. However, I don;t think this is likely to be on the table soon. I sent an email to DC on 9/25 about what will be available come October, hoping for something like that…or at least digital issues at steep discount. Looks unlikely…

Hi there,
Members who subscribe to DC Universe receive unlimited access to a selection of over 2,500 comics from DC’s comic library that will refresh regularly.

In addition, soon we will provide the complete digital library for sale so that users can stay up-to-date on the latest titles and build their comic library on DC Universe.

Sincerely,

Joe
Customer Service Lead

@spinadude That’s disgusting. It’s the prey on the weak in-app purchase model. You think you’re only spending $1.99 to continue the story after reading the issue #1 sampler, next thing you know you gotta pay $100-$200 for a short series in the new 52 or thousands if you’re trying to get post-Crisis Superman. They want to squeeze people like that for old back catalog titles? If they do that in October I’m done with the company. I don’t say that lightly I’ve got their tats all over my arms and closets filled with their stuff. I can’t believe in this age they’re going the direction of Candy Crush and away from the Marvel model just to make a dime.

2 Likes

@knightnorth, sounds like you’d go broke as a businessman.

1 Like

I did alright using good morals. I know that’s not the modern capitalist method. There’s still some people out there maximizing profits with good products and not having to ding people with add on after add on.

What if it is a similar setup to comixology but for DC Universe as a premium subscriber you get issues for $0.49 - $1.99 depending on the title. Older stuff being cheaper. I was wondering if that was the case would many stop complaining about selection? Maybe they would even include that your membership entitles you to so many free downloads per month. I’m just throwing this out there since I do not think we will get the complete catalog for one price.

2 Likes

I would pay double for complete access to the library similar to marvels program. Also agree with others that the current subscription price is good if your a fan of the streaming media and shows which my kids really enjoy. I have no plans to buy individual old issues though. (I spend too much each month on current comics)

2 Likes

While I would pay a few dollars more to get that I would definitely not pay 150 a year for the privilege of doing so. I enjoy other forms of entertainment and have other hobbies than just comics and I’m not willing to give some of those up just for one single app no matter how much may be on it.

2 Likes

Well, we’re in October, but no full library of comics for purchase yet. I don’t know how realistic it would be if it’s an additional flat monthly or annual fee, but that would be ideal. No sense in paying issue by issue.

2 Likes