Would you pay double to have access to ALL comics?

Right now the service costs $7.99 a month for a few comics and movies and TV shows plus original TV shows. It’s only $6.25 a month if you go annual (or just $4.99 if you preordered and got three months free). The point is, if DC were to offer in October an addon package to the subscription where you could have access to all the comics for double the price, would you go for that? So around $15 a month or whatever that could put with an annual discount? I’m guessing around $150. For me is an immediate yes. I would be even cool with no issues newer than 12 months. As long as we have every other issue and graphic novel from DC available at our fingertips.

38 Likes

I would say $15 a month just for comics is pushing it but considering it comes with video content as well, I probably would. I would prefer multiple options instead though. ALL comics is a unreasonable demand but if it was all New52 and onwards with some classics mixed in and Rebirth comics 6 months behind release like Marvel Unlimited, I would be down.

$8 for TV + some comics
$15 for TV + all comics
$10 for just comics.

4 Likes

Yes indeed

3 Likes

I would—no doubt about it.

3 Likes

easily, comics are the main reason I’m here.

4 Likes

DCU is $75/year
MU is $69/year
Netflix $6/year portion of Marvel shows and movies on Netflix (Marvel cost 4% of Netflix budget. 4% of Netflix premium subscription for a year is $6).

And you get the newer Marvel movies on Netflix. Sure, I’d pay more but I think DC is worth a little more. With all the hidden messages and lack of information DC would reach a limit on how much good will is left out there with the fan base.

4 Likes

I’m kind of with Wes, I mean they say this is supposed to be our universe so let us build our own universe. Give us options. Like the ones Wes has stated.
Option A: Current Base Package:$8
Option B: DCU originals(Titans,Swamp Thing, etc)+Full comic library access:$15
Option C: Both Packages:$25

2 Likes

Why not both for the $75 a year?

It costs them next to nothing to put up the full library. They already have it digitally scanned, so why not add it all, or the promise to add it over time.

I get it with new comics, if you need to hold off a year to six months (like MU) on adding new comics, cool.

But Sgt. Rock, 80’s Batman and Superman, Haunted Tank, Jonah Hex, all the Justice League titles, JSA, Wonder Woman, etc…paid for and profited on over and over.

Pure greed is not cool!!!

3 Likes

Hell yes!!

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

If they gave current features (and promised shows) plus a large backlog of comics I’d be in for $20/m without question. For Sphinxsmshr’s scenario of option C i’d want to peek at the catalog, but would honestly probably still be an easy sell. I don’t even need the trinity or JL stories to be honest, just let me bury myself in old firestorm, JSA, and obscure characters’ stories that aren’t going to sell much on their own and I’d be happy. I get doing a currated set for the sake of still being able to sell the digital copies at some point, but at least have a good amount of classics on hand (Like Kingdom Come, All-star Supes, DKR) and rotate in other COMPLETE storylines for series/season/movie premieres, holidays, anniversaries, and so on.

2 Likes

Not unless its real cheap! The video content so far is laughable. No Batman 66? So really, the only thing to come here for is the comics which doesnt even have complete arcs. And, DC wants me to pay more to get access to the whole library? Look at the video libraries you get with your subscriptions to the big 3, How is this even equitable?

1 Like

I definitely would

2 Likes

Double? Yes.

2 Likes

For the entire back catalog all the way from the beginning…without hesitation yes.

3 Likes

I read all comics for free anyway so no,i wouldn’t.

Considering Marvel already puts up pretty much every comic older than 6 months? Heck no. Give an option that’s $75 a year for only comics and no shows and I’m game. Already seen the old shows and the new ones don’t look great so far

2 Likes

I would absolutely pay double to get access to the full DC back issue library like Marvel Universe. I would even pay $20 a month

Maybe not double, but I’d be open to a price raise if that’s what it takes.

I’m paying monthly $7.99. I’d go as high $12.99 for access to all their library. Any more than that and my wife would get ticked. Lol

3 Likes