World of Bats: The Batman Book Club!

No need to apologize – real world and school makes much more sense to prioritize. I’ve taken some coding classes and I know what you mean. I’m sure you’ll manage to be a straight up–

– in no time! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for encouragement

2 Likes

@red.hood.riding, Howdy! Like Jak_Kay said no worries and best of luck with the Software programming stuff. I know nothing about that stuff but I believe that it involves computers? :joy:

1 Like

Hey everyone. Im new here and so excited to be able to talk about Batman with other fans who are passionate about the Dark Knight.

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad you’re here with us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Jay_Kay!

2 Likes

Howdy,welcome to the community and Bat Family! :batman_hv_1:

1 Like

Thank you! @Aquamon

1 Like

Pumped for this book club! Gives me an excuse to dive into some books I havent yet read through.

4 Likes

Hey everyone so what’s everybody reading and can we make like recommendations just to see if they’ve been done yet

I know they are at the top but still nice to ask

Any good Thomas wayne books

As Batman, or just in general?

Personally, I’d say the best Thomas Wayne book is “The Untold Legend of the Batman”, a pre-Crisis story that retcons in that Thomas Wayne once wore a proto-Bat suit and fought off a bunch of muggers at a costume party. But my guess is that you’re looking for Flashpoint Batman stories, and those don’t really exist outside of the Flashpoint tie-ins and Tom King’s Batman run, particularly “The Button”.

1 Like

Those are all good options. In terms of Flashpoint era, I would also recommend Convergence: Lois & Clark, where he plays a big role in that. The main Convergence book also has a moment of Post-Crisis Batman meeting Flashpoint Batman, but I don’t think there was enough to really justify reading it just for that.

Also, similar but different is the New 52 Earth 2 books. He first appeared in the first annual of that series and became a fairly big presence throughout.

2 Likes

as batman

He was awesome as the big guy himself

Start with vol. 1 or #1 on DC universe digital comics and add World’s Finest new 52 it is a companion to Earth 2 from Powergirl and the Huntress’s point of view

Len Wein (the author of 1980’s “The Untold Legend of the Batman”) adapted that part of his story from a Bill Finger story in 'Tec #235 (1956), which was reprinted in 1974’s Batman #255 (as the second story, following Wein’s own “Moon of the Wolf”).

And while you’re at it, you can watch the Finger story come to life in the episode Chill of the Night, then follow it up with the animated adaptation of Moon of the Wolf!

1 Like

I decided to join the club, and I look forward to joining the discussions in the future. I’m new to the club thing so I hope I do well!

3 Likes