[World of Bats] Harley Quinn's Animated Origins -- Mad Love and Harley & Ivy

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This September marks the 30th anniversary of the debut of Harley Quinn in the iconic Batman: The Animated Series, a character who’s evolved from a side character to her own iconic character in the Batman universe and DC in general. So to celebrate, we’re starting this month with her first comics by her original creators, highlighting some of her most important traits: her origins, and her relationships with The Joker and Poison Ivy.

First, we’ll be looking at the one-shot The Batman Adventures: Mad Love, by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm.

Next, we’ll be looking at the three-issue miniseries Batman: Harley & Ivy, written by Paul Dini and drawn by Bruce Timm.

Reading will last from 2022-09-03T05:00:00Z2022-09-09T05:00:00Z, but if you’re on an extended vacation in Arkham Asylum, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing these issues with you all. :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

7 Likes

Harley and Ivy #3 is sooo much fun. Harls totally loses herself in the role of movie director and it’s hilarious. :smile: :00_harlivy: :00_harlivy: :00_harlivy:

2 Likes

Having read Mad Love and Harley and Ivy #1, it kinda seems like Harley has a type and it makes me kinda sad. I’m pretty sure they will change Ivy’s behavior to match the dynamic I’m used to seeing between the two of them, but I’m not loving Ivy’s attitude so far

2 Likes

It was totally bananas and really fun :laughing:

Harley went full Michael Bay with the action scenes and it was great! This nod to Mark Hamill as Joker was also perfect

2 Likes