Who's your Favorite Shazamily member?

Wonder what?.. I’m guessing that’s something he says

Captain Marvel Jr. Is he still called that? Or is he Shazam Jr.?

7 Likes

Good question! Yes! From what I know he is still called that in New 52.

3 Likes

Darla is in a comic book? OMG is it here? Someone link me to this! I need more information. Obviously Darla is life to me. I love someone with such hope, compassion, and sunshine goodness!

5 Likes

Yes she is! She is from Shazam the New 52

4 Likes

She’s part of Shazam’s New 52 origin story, which started as a backup in Justice League #7, though Darla first appears with the rest of the Shazamily kids in issue #8. I don’t think it’s collected as such here, but if you can, it’s probably best to just read the trade that collects the backups as 1 cohesive story instead of going to the back half of a bunch of issues. It’s a fantastic read, partially because the movie was really just an adaptation of that particular storyline (minus Black Adam)

5 Likes

It is collected and readable for those that have Comixology Unlimited. I am adding it to my TBR pile.

5 Likes

Also this just reminded me how much I would love for those old-school Captain Marvel comics to be digitized and preserved here…

5 Likes

Well. my avatar IS Captain Marvel Jr… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@MisfitMarvel And here I thought you were Dr. Strange. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

tosses crutch aside

CAPTAIN MARVEL!!

6 Likes

I should have noticed the spit curl.

1 Like

I thought he was a red tornado-superman mixture

3 Likes

Until a few days ago

1 Like

I knew I needed the lightning bolt to show!

2 Likes

Will you answer to “CM3”, Weapon X?

Brody wants to know.

Well, according to that Ordway fella, I’m CM3…

2 Likes

That’s what I said…basically. :wink:

Freddy Freeman, all the way. He’s extremely important to me. I discovered him while doing a research project in my junior year of high school. At that time I was extremely sick with Graves’ Disease and having to make a decision if I would continue to try to treat with solely medication, which I had been doing for the last couple years and hadn’t been working well, or if I was going to go in for radiation treatment. Finding Freddy really helped me at the time, because he was a disabled hero, and at the time I wasn’t sure I would ever have a manageable illness. The fact that Freddy wasn’t always visably disabled when he was Captain Marvel Junior also meant a lot to me, because while I was (and still am to a lesser extent) disabled, no one looking at me could tell. Not to mention he was LGBT+ coded in the golden age (just look at how he spoke and his eyelashes), and at that time I was fully coming to terms with being LGBT myself. It didn’t hurt I genuinely enjoyed his stories, and that I believe he had the best artist of the golden age, Mac Raboy. I love Freddy a lot, and have a lot of commissions from various artists of him.
-C

10 Likes

Inspiring story @thrakaboom

2 Likes