Who's your Favorite Shazamily member?

Good story!

1 Like

Similar feelings, indeed.

1 Like

Billy Batson and Mary Bromfield. And Freddy freeman. All three of these are my favorites.

2 Likes

@capo-mage nice shazam figure collection. Thanks for sharing it. Very cool. :+1:

1 Like

So, I think Freddy is my favorite, comics and otherwise. I was always so taken by the willpower he shows every time he says the word, giving up the ability to walk for various reasons.

3 Likes

No problem. I posted my whole collection, even shelf by shelf, on show off your DC shrine. Minus the ones I’ve gotten since then. 17 shelves. I just counted em. Never counted em b4. Someday, I’m gonna count my figures too.

3 Likes

Mine always has been Billy. But unoriginal, but I adore his character.

3 Likes

Congrats, on joining the community! @welcho

2 Likes

I wanted to welcome you to the community as well, @welcho! :slight_smile:

Billie is one of my favorite members of the Shazam family too, so no shame in that. He’s beloved for very good reasons.

2 Likes

From the movie, I’ve loved Zachary Levi since Chuck and thought he was amazing. Freddy was a great character that I wasn’t familiar with before and thought he was so relatable as a superhero fan who got to train/discover a superhero then become one.

I’ve liked billy since the JLU episode where he quits the Justice League because they weren’t living up to the ideals they once had. That was such a brilliant moment that made me respect the character and how even though he was a kid dressing up as an adult, his view of the world made him a hero and able to see things in a different, valuable, light.

4 Likes

Cool, another Billy fan, nice

1 Like

Captain Marvel Jr. Loved him in the movie, then read up on his lore and grew even fonder of him.

5 Likes

Probably Mary Marvel, I just wish she had a better name nowadays than Mary Shazam

4 Likes

WelcWelcome to DCU! @rwg4929.80240

I hope in the next movie they bring in Tawny

2 Likes

Personally Billy in my opinion.

1 Like

Billy Bastson for me. I loved him in (the best comic ever) JLI, with Mary Marvel coming in second (she also had a run with the team, although it was a later version of that team).

2 Likes

I’ve never understood them calling her Mary Marvel and not Lady Marvel or Miss Marvel. I saw on the DC Fandom page, that she’s being called Lady Shazam, although I’ve read various articles stating they haven’t necessarily renamed the characters… I do think DC should get on it and give all of the Shazam family members proper superhero ID’s.

2 Likes

DC continued calling her Mary Marvel because that’s what she was called in the Fawcett comics

2 Likes

But why did Otto Binder call her that? That’s kind of a huge breach of secret identity there… I realize Mary Marvel and Mary Bromfield/Batson are different ages, but it seems kind of goofy to give away the identity in the name. I get why DC continued that, but the original name was kind of silly.

1 Like