Who's Your Favorite Doom Patrol Character So Far? Season One

Rita Farr. When ever I have a really bad day I try to remind myself to be the best slime I can be.

4 Likes

i think they’re all fantastic in their own rights but my favorite is definitely Brendan Fraser’s robotman but Jane or Negative Man are a close second. love their characters

Cliff…OK…everyone. The only one that bugs me is Cyborg…good actor, but I always think of Cyborg as a football player and huge, Cliff’s size. In this version, he seems even smaller than Rita and Jane. Maybe his origin story is that he is a soccer/futbol player?

Robot man is the best. Brendan is the heart of this show and really the window for all of us to connect to the others. His reactions are the most normal in the most abnormal settings and says exactly what I’m thinking.

WTF

1 Like

Robotman and Rita

1 Like

Cliff and Rita, but I wanna give a shout out to the Chief. That episode with him in the arctic falling in love with that hairy cave woman was really fascinating. And it helps that he’s played by Timothy Dalton. A great actor who I find underrated.

2 Likes

Crazy Jane and Cliff/Robotman

2 Likes

Crazy Jane is phenomenal!!! Robot Man is amazing!!! Not feeling Cyborg, the actor makes it bearable because he’s extremely talented… Not sure why they chose someone of such small stature. Again the actor does an amazing job so I guess I have no real complaint smh. Can wait to see Rita evolve and Negative Man has grown on me, HE WAS IRRITATING AS HELL!!! Crazy Jane is just the bee’s knees though, I freaking love her!!!

Robot man ftw but gotta say Flex Mentallo is spot on

Over the course of the season I have come to enjoy each character. The actors are just amazing as well as their focused episodes. However, if I would have to pick my top three it would have to be Cliff, Rita, and Larry. Those three just click for me, and I love how they affect other people around them.

1 Like

I’m stuck between Larry and Jane. Larry has a very interesting story and is one of the only good gay characters in modern DC shows. I liked Jane right away because the concept of the Underground and the 64 personalities was very intriguing to me. Plus, there are a few personalities that still haven’t appeared yet that were mentioned in the drawing of the Underground like Ice Queen.

Robotman for having Brendan fraser as an actor as well as just generally being a good guy if a bit of a man child and flex mentallo because they brought muscle mystery to life and that alone is a great thing

Easily robot man…although if I’m being honest, it’s pretty much because its refreshing to see Brendan frasier make a comeback in a genre that has always suited him. Actually the show works so well because almost the whole cast were actors primed for comebacks. That being said, cyborg is just taking up space, as usual. Yhe only reason to ever include cyborg in literally anything is "diversity " . The character is lame, the actors playing him are lame. Hes almost exclusively useless.

1 Like

In a show as inclusive as doom patrol using diversity as a negative term is pretty silly

3 Likes

Definitely Rita Farr. The direction they went with her character for this new version of Doom Patrol has been fantastic. I love April’s portrayal of the character.

1 Like

I’m torn between Larry and Jane. Both are such good characters!

Chief! Great acting , and the episode that showed his background was so good!

Also I don’t get the hate for cyborg , he’s been great

6 Likes

It’s a klose tie between Cyborg and Jane but if I have to pick one I’ll go with Cyborg

1 Like

mr nobody anyone?

6 Likes