Who Would Win? Alan Scott vs. Hal Jordan

It might be Justice League Throne of Atlantis but don’t take my word for it. Im bad at recalling details.

3 Likes

Definitely DCAMU. I think it is The Death of Superman.

3 Likes

The correct answer is always “Depends on the writer”.

Harley Quinn took on the Trinity in HEROES IN CRISIS and won. LOL!!!

3 Likes

That is the ULTIMATE TRUTH! Depends on the writers!

1 Like

This is not who’s more popular folks.
Okay… let’s be VERY clear. Alan Scott has the star heart which means he can literally drain ANY Green Latern of their powers. Including Hal Jordans… Kyle Raynor found that out in the JLA/JSA crossover when Alan absorb the whole star heart and made him mad/crazy… no one was able to stop him. Kyle lost ALL his powers within seconds getting close to Alan.

Alan giveth and Alan taketh away.

Alan Scott hands down.

If you’re interested in reading that storyline it’s on this App… it was a brightest day crossover “the dark Things”

You’ll also get a great Supergirl vs Powergirl fight and the art is done by Mark Bagley himself.

6 Likes

Coincidentally I just read that a few days ago to prepare myself for Eclipso Rising.

2 Likes

Hah jorden

1 Like

A big question is does Alan still have his vulnerability to wood? I’m assuming Hal can use his ring against yellow for this. I am also going to assume Alan can use his magic against wood. I guess it really comes down to how much the Starheart wants to win. Sure Hal is amazingly powerful, but magic tends to break the rules when it wants to.

1 Like

But that was Sliver Age if we take into account everything that has hapound to hall he he would now have a better chance of winning

2 Likes

anyone else want to see what happens is someone puts on every color ring. like a DC Thanos glove… haha of has it happened?

2 Likes

I mean thats just the whit light

The New Gods did… sort of. Kyle, and I think Guy in the future (wasn’t it?) have wielded every color, but I’m not sure about seven individual rings at once. But yeah, a mastered white ring is basically the same.

I think that is Volthoom.

While I feel that the argument could be made that Scott is more powerful, Jordan just never. gives. up. He’s scrappier, and refuses to be kept down. Hal Jordan would Kirk the Kobayashi Maru. Hal Jordan wins. It’s what he does.

1 Like

Alan Scott is formidable, but powers, achievements, and potential aside, winning a battle is about strategy and determination (as Batman proves time and time again) and Hal has a winner’s approach in spades. Hal takes it.

1 Like

Also - @redhoodtod11.96904 and @Huckelberry007 - Welcome to the community!! :wave: :blush:

1 Like

Hal Jordan beat every green lantern when he became Parallax during Emerald Twilight, then proceeded to almost rewrite the universe during Zero Hour while beating Superman. I would have to give it to Hal Jordan because he’s always powerful enough to win and come back.

2 Likes

A hearty community welcome to @dcconnstellation, @redhoodtod11.96904, and @Huckelberry007! Please feel free to introduce yourself in our Roll Call thread if you haven’t already!

Also, been a while @IanMalcolm777! Glad to see you back here! :grin:

Such good points all around. I’m leaning toward Hal, but Alan having the Starheart really is a pretty big point of contention… :thinking:

1 Like

Since then Alan has become his own battery, become his own ring, wrote the book on willpower, gone beyond willpower, and completely bonded with the starheart.

3 Likes

Agreed @matthew.hecht47.66946, even before he absorbed the starheart as a whole he never needed to recharge because he never lost power, abilities he never knew he had. Also like you mentioned he doesn’t age and is immune to any disease. He’s now an eternal… he’s also able to recharge magical beings and their artifacts. Hal could have all the will power he wants but when you have a being like Alan who’s will power matches that of Hal draining his power before the fight begins is how the match would end.
Yes Hal has legendary will power but Alan IS will power, enough that the guardians of Oa are afraid of.

These debates are awesome people, keep it up.

2 Likes