Who Would Win? Alan Scott vs. Hal Jordan

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Where there’s a will, there’s a way! But what happens when there’s TWO wills and they clash? Both of these Lanterns have storied histories and are beloved characters to many DC fans.

Who’s willpower would top the other’s in an all out brawl? Give us your reasoning and vote, below!

Alan Scott vs. Hal Jordan

• Alan Scott
  • Hal Jordan

0 voters

21 Likes

Wonder what @Green.Lantern would say about this? I like Hal Jordan all the way.:smiley:

8 Likes

totally agree

5 Likes

Hal literally forged a ring from his own will!! I 100% think he would win!!

10 Likes

Alan Scott doesn’t age, built a city on the moon, and went to hell to save his wife. Earth 2 Alan Scott literally restarted the dying Earth after it was destroyed by The Grey. He also proved that he didn’t even need a ring to channel his powers for a while. Its okay, but you guys are all wrong, don’t feel bad. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

4 Likes

Agreed. Hal is just the popular one.

5 Likes

Kind of a tough one. Magic city on the moon and post-Brightest Day Sinestro both hint that neither one is coming close to their full potential on a normal day, so already there’s that. There’s also the issue of whether we count vulnerabilities to wood and even yellow (I didn’t see a time frame specified). Ignoring that one, I’m tempted to give the edge to Alan just on the breadth and unpredictability of magic, but I wouldn’t put my life savings on it.

Surely, between the Silver Age crossovers and the post-Crisis shared Earth, they must have crossed rings at least once, right? Even just as a friendly sparring match? Let’s dig up the issues and go to the tapes!

5 Likes

My money’s on hal. Much love for the og heros but a toothpick could be used to beat Alan lol.

5 Likes

@batmanbill1143.48539 I was about to say… isn’t wood one of his weaknesses? It’s been awhile since I had clear confirmation on that, but if my memory serves me right…

3 Likes

Conceivably, you could take both of them out with a #2 pencil. :rofl:

9 Likes

I voted for Alan because I figure he has more experience wielding the ring, all the way back to World War II!

4 Likes

They fought in the Silver Age. Alan won easily.

4 Likes

I’d vote for any Lantern over Hal Leaden. :sleeping:

2 Likes

when Batman needs extra backup in Gotham he calls Alan Scott, batman has the entire justice laegue including superman and wonderwoman calls alan scott

2 Likes

Alan will only win if he finds yellow paint. Hal will only win if he can find some wood.

4 Likes

Hal obviously. But it’s not a fair question because they are different forms of Green Lanterns, Alan Scott Doesn’t Draw his energy from the central battery. The question is comparable to who would win in a race Jay Garrick or Max Mercury …

3 Likes

I cannot blame him. When forming a Justice League he is my first pick for powerhouse of the team.

2 Likes

Alan did win by turning his light yellow. He can change the colors of his constructs.

4 Likes

Jay wins by stealing Max’s speed.

3 Likes