Who Should Get the Next Adult Animated Series?

I almost put that in my comment! The Legends of Tomorrow bit. I just love the idea of Booster doing stupid stuff to get attention and praise and seeing Ted Kord smack the crap out of him to get him to stop and making him stick to the mission that always gets accomplished just not how it should have been.

3 Likes

I can see that in live action but imagine how crazy they can get in animation

2 Likes

Oh yeah I would prefer it to be animated because it would be out of this world potential for crazy funny adventures.

2 Likes

Yeah and when it’s animated you don’t really have to have origins and set up stories as much so you can go right in

2 Likes

For sure skip the long set up and just go straight into the wackiness of it all

2 Likes

Yeah. Like if Harley Quinn, Legends, and Doom Patrol came together. It would be great

3 Likes

I don’t know how adult it is, but I think Steel would be really fun. Washington D.C. would be a great back drop for the story. I believe the writers could explore some more complex themes with the freedom that an adult series allows.

3 Likes

A Sandman universe series would Be great. (Not the main characters—let Live action have them). I mean the secondary cast of the Dreaming. Lucian, Cain and Able, etc.

4 Likes

Or 1980s Blue Devil done in Entourage Style. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With HBO doing a Justice League Dark show id love to see them do a live action Red Hood show, a bit more episodic where it more focuses on him as a bounty hunter and each week bounty hunting someone different.

6 Likes

Last comic-con season (forget which con it was) DC Universe announced a show called Bizarro TV, that would be a mix of live action and animation short form (didn’t say if that meant a series of shorts per episode, or the episodes would be shorter then normal) that would feature some deep cut DC Heroes. The examples they gave were Space Cabbie, Slam Bradley The Creeper and Ambush Bug.

Don’t think anything has been said about it since then although Applejack did say something in passing about it more recently I think, but nothing specific. Does give me hope it is still being made.

2 Likes

I’d love to see Lobo! He was always a favorite of mine back in the day.

2 Likes

The Red Hood and the Outlaws.

3 Likes

The Spectre and make it extremely dark & horrifying.

3 Likes

Seen several Booster Gold and Blue Beetle suggestions. That could be a great buddy comedy if tied into the Justice League International fiasco.

1 Like

Oh, and maybe Hitman.

2 Likes

And Guy Gardner: Space Cop!

3 Likes

Plastic man.

1 Like

Until she comes to challenge Ra’s. He poisons her and takes her down. :sunglasses:
(I simply couldn’t resist)

Although, for just a 13 episode series. How about the complete Meta Madhouse tournament complete with behind the scenes intrigue and shenanigans.

1 Like

The Spectre and Phantom Stranger team up. They’ve used this to great effect a few times in animation and it’s a great interplay between the two characters. It would also allow for the ability to play with tone.

Being able to slide the tone around has done wonders for HQ.

3 Likes