Who Should Get the Next Adult Animated Series?

I’m absolutely loving Harley. Who should get the next Adult Animated.

It can be comedy or not.

9 Likes

Kite-Man and Condiment King should get a spin-off :kitemanhqtas:

7 Likes

Booster Gold feels like a pretty obvious one to me.

But I also kind of love the idea of taking a character who isn’t normally thought of as mature and giving them an adult animated series. Maybe Damian Wayne, there’s definitely a lot of fun to be had there in a more mature series.

13 Likes

Ambush Bug. I know he’s not well known, but Kite-Man and Condiment King aren’t either. Ambush Bug would be funny and allow for a guest every episode.

5 Likes

Is that Bizarro TV anthology series not happening anymore? It would be dope if that was a bit more on the adult side.

7 Likes

Lobo could be a fun adult oriented show. Let him get as foul mouthed and violent as he wants! Make it a space adventure, as he planet hops while bounty hunting!

12 Likes

I’d like to see a Metal Men animated series

7 Likes

Lobo is good. Very violent.

Scare Tactics would work. A band of monsters touring the DC Universe, doing heroy stuff. Very 70s cartoon premise but all adult. Lots of time in a bus, arriving just in time for something weird to happen that they solve.

In the same vein, Challengers of the Unknown could be fun.

The Outsiders as a straight super team, acting from a central location.

Either of the Houses could be a non-comedy anthology. It would even allow for different styles in every episode.

9 Likes

I think Elongated man could be funny!

10 Likes

I’ll be poo poo’d on for this but I don’t expect to ever hear of Bizarro TV ever again.

It happens a lot in TV. Shows are announced for development but never get made. I think that’s where we are with this now.

2 Likes

@CARRIANNEFORTIER.11 welcome to the community. Enjoy the service.

2 Likes

I’m liking these ideas so far. I’d be into an Uncle Samm and the freedom fighters.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard of a Bizzaro anthology either, but that would be fantastic. Bizzarro is so underappreciated.

3 Likes

I’m interested in this non comedy adult animation idea. I don’t know what it would be though. The only adult oriented character I can think of is Lobo, and that would have to be a comedy. Someone mentioned Booster Gold, that would be great.

3 Likes

I’d like to see an animated adult Constantine…

12 Likes

Lobo can be funny…well, he is funny…but the show wouldn’t necessarily have to be a full on comedy.

6 Likes

A Question animated series would be pretty cool, especially if they can do a mystery/noire/detective series. Maybe similar to shows like NCIS, Law and Order, or maybe Twin Peaks (granted I’ve never watched it but from what I’ve heard it’s pretty good).

9 Likes

Well since they canceled the swamp thing web show why not an animated one? They could save more money that way.

3 Likes

I know Batman is everywhere, but hear me out on the pitch. I’d love to see an adult animated Batman set in the Young Justice continuity.

Season 1 of YJ features Dick Grayson as Robin, but with the 5 year time jump to season 2, Dick was Nightwing, Tim Drake was Robin, and Barbara was Batgirl. You could fill two seasons with Dick becoming Nightwing, Bruce getting Jason as Robin and his death at the hands of The Joker, Tim replacing him, and Barbara becoming Batgirl. These stories lend themselves well to adult themes and given a two season arc for the material, can be given time to breathe, rather than a quick scene or one off episode.

Then between season 2 and 3 of YJ, Barbara became Oracle at some point, so a third season of a Batman animated series set in the YJ continuity can deal with a long form Killing Joke arc and show how Barbara became Oracle in the YJ continuity. Perhaps in between that arc, or after, to fill the season, they could do their versions of No Man’s Land, Hush, War Games, and tell the story of Bruce and Talia, since baby Damian was shown in season 3.

In a perfect world the YJ creators and voice talents would be able to do this so it stays cohesive to the established universe they already created, and I would envision this Batman series as kind of a gap filler for those characters during the time periods we haven’t seen in YJ​:four_leaf_clover:

9 Likes

I think red hood would make a great adult animated show

12 Likes