Who Should Get the Next Adult Animated Series?

I think a prequel to the Harley Quinn series would be dope! Lots of potential there!

4 Likes

The Phantom Stranger.
It could be done straight, as the Bruce Timm short was. Or it could be screwball comedy, where the world, throughout history is just filled with Marx Bros/Mel Brooks absurdity and The Phantom Stranger is the comedic straight man for all the zaniness that surrounds him.

Or Kilawog, for a similar comedic take on the GL universe as HQ is on the Batman universe.

4 Likes

Red Hood. I think there’s just not enough content about him and I believe he can carry his own animated series.

If Jensen Ackles can return to voice him that would be so cool!

9 Likes

I believe if there’s enough support for a Red Hood animated series then it can happen. Just look at what happened with the Justice League Snyder Cut. Started off with a hashtag three years ago, and now the fans are getting it on HBO Max.

I’ve been wanting a Red Hood series for the longest so if anybody has a support team for this let me know. Haha

4 Likes

I like this idea! They could adapt some of the old Alan Moore stories and really cut loose on the scope of the series.

Or it could feature Swamp Thing’s daughter from the Brian K. Vaughn-written Swamp Thing. I always thought she was a great character.

2 Likes

I don’t know if DC holds the full rights to this or not, but Fables from Vertigo would make an excellent adult animated series. Lots of great stories to adapt from this series.

The Milestone comics line would also make excellent adult animated fare.

1 Like

Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew!

3 Likes

I don’t know about “adult” but that would make a great all-ages animated series!

2 Likes

Metal Men seems like the perfect concept for an animated series. I can imagine the toyline inspired by such a series to also be quite successful. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear someone liked tefe, I heard she wasn’t well liked when Brian’s run first started. Hell I heard some people say his Swamp Thing run is one of the worse comics ever made but I honestly enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I think doing more villains would be interesting mix some dark humor in there.
Someone mentioned Constantine, which would be definitely a fun one too. Or a detective based show with Question. Basically there are a lot of good characters that they could work with. They just need good writers to ensure that the series does well.

3 Likes

I totally agree; a Red Hood series would be amazing, and I would love to see it happen.

4 Likes

If the budget for swamp thing was too expensive give him an adult animated series a dark one like spawn.

3 Likes

Yes! (And welcome to the community!)

My pitch: LADY SHIVA VS. THE UNIVERSE. Every episode is just about Shiva chasing stronger and more capable opponents through the DCU. Heavy on the action, light on dialogue.

5 Likes

It’d be pretty funny indeed! Welcome to the community @CARRIANNEFORTIER.11!

1 Like

The idea for the show was to make an anthology of lesser known characters. I don’t think it was about bizzaro. Can someone tell me correct me?

1 Like

I always thought that Booster Gold would make a great show. I think that would be hilarious

5 Likes

Booster Gold and Ted Kord. It could be a wacky travel through time series with Ted being some what reasonable to Boosters care free attitude.

6 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. It would be like an R rated and more crazy Legends of Tomorrow

3 Likes