Who Is The Best Batman Actor?

Affleck 4 life!

3 Likes

I know this is just live action Batmanā€¦but if youā€™re going to honestly rank them outā€¦

1. Michael Keaton (Younger people donā€™t know about the original fanboy bashing of Keaton as Batman, and a lot of older fanboys are now claiming they knew he was going to nail it all along, but he was the OG posterchild for bashing a casting choice back in the day.)
  2. Kevin Conroy
  3. Val Kilmer
  4. Christian Bale
  5. Adam West
  6. George Clooney.

Just watch Mask of the Phantasm and tell me with a straight face that Bale and Kilmer were better than Conroy.

5 Likes

Kevin conroy is with out a doubt the best voice for Batman. Heā€™s been in so many Batman related movies itā€™s insane that heā€™s been doing it for this long, but heā€™s so good at it I canā€™t complain. Mask of the phantasm is one of his best movies.

5 Likes

This is almost my list. Iā€™d flip West and Bale. Iā€™d have it as 5) Bale, 6) Affleck, 7) Clooney.

3 Likes

i love george clooney batman and robin is my favorite

2 Likes

ā€œAdmiring your handiwork?ā€

ā€œTouring the riot scene. Gravely assessing the devastation. Upstanding mayor stuff.ā€

ā€œYouā€™re not the mayor.ā€

ā€œThings change.ā€

ā€œWhat do you want?ā€

ā€œAh, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask.ā€

[laughs, then turns serious]

ā€œYou donā€™t really think youā€™ll win, do you?ā€

ā€œThings change.ā€

Aaannnddd queue the music. :smile:

:batman_hv_1: :batman_hv_2: :batman_hv_3: :batman_stoichqtas: :batman_madhqtas:

7 Likes

Batman is by far one of the best super heroes out there. Heā€™s been through so many eras with so many versions of the character. He is definitely my favorite super hero.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a close one for me between Keatonā€™s first suit and Affleckā€™s first suit. Ultimately, I have to go with the BvS suit, but the '89 suit is an amazing all-black rubber recreation of the Adams/Aparo look.

5 Likes

Batman 89 was an old fashioned classic suit. I also liked the classic bat symbol.

3 Likes

Who was your favorite villain in any Batman movie and why?

2 Likes

Joaquin Phoenixā€™s stark and unforgettable turn as Gothamā€™s #1 big bad is forever etched in my mind as one of the most amazing and disturbing portrayals of the character of all time. Wow. Just WOW.

2 Likes

How about another joke, @DC89?

2 Likes

I think it would be interesting to see a Batman movie in the ā€˜Jokerā€™ universe.

2 Likes

Which is better?

• Batman 89
  • Batman Begins

0 voters

1 Like

Batfleck Forever!

4 Likes

Personally I thought Christian Bale was the best Batman/Bruce Wayne. Heā€™s an Oscar-winning actor the Dark Knight Trilogy was full of Oscar winners: Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, and, of course, Heath Ledger.
I also think Ben Affleck could have done more with his version of Batman/Bruce Wayne had he been given a chance.

8 Likes

Both of them were great choices for Batman. Theyā€™re suits looked amazing as well.

2 Likes

The original series wasnā€™t known for having slouches in the cast. Oscar winners/nominees include Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kim Basinger, Jack Palance, Christopher Walker, Nicole Kidman, Tommy Lee Jones, Uma Thurman, and George Clooney. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m always surprised when people say Keaton was the best Batman. I would put both Bale and Kilmer above him as Batman. Keaton was probably the best Bruce Wayne over Bale then Clooney. Keaton couldnā€™t show the physicality I wanted as Batman. I enjoyed his Batman, but it wasnā€™t best IMO.

3 Likes

Keaton was a capable physical actor (see Desperate Measures), Burton just chose to focus on villains and have less fisticuffs. I agree though. I wanted the movie to have more stuff showcasing Bat-skills. As Iā€™ve gotten older Iā€™m more okay with it. Batman Returns is my favorite!

4 Likes