What's Your Favorite Comic Quote

None of you seem to understand I’m not locked in here with you,You’re locked in here with me - Rorschach - Watchmen issue 6 (I believe)

8 Likes

Kelex likes that one a lot, too.

2 Likes

“You don’t get it boy… this isn’t a mudhole… it’s an operating rable. And I’m the surgeon.” Oh Frank Miller, you get me man. This all became more clear to me when I started Jiu Jitsu. There will always be someone faster or stronger, but if you are smarter, you can beat anyone. This applies to life, business, whatever…

5 Likes

Not a favorite, but an enjoyable one:

“Dibs on the @$$hole in the fatigues.” Jack Hawksmoor, The Authority (1999) #14, page 11.

4 Likes

I wish DC editorial would remember this.

8 Likes

Okay, what issue is this from? I have to read this ASAP

1 Like

This one is, as far as I’m concerned, the all time greatest. Neil Gaiman, “Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?”

8 Likes

4 Likes

I’m not usually one to “swipe” but I’ll freely admit I stole that cover for my own strip

2 Likes

“Smells like discipline.”

Batman & Harley Quinn, 2017

3 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

“God blesses your soul with grace. Batman punches people in the face.”

52 and 53 were one of my favorite reads of Rebirth.

3 Likes

John Stewart talking to Batman:
And what is “The Batman” when you’re not afraid of him? Just a man”

I pumped my fist when I first read this. For years we’ve had Batman always having to top other heroes; always being in “the right”. He was infallible because writers didn’t want to show any flaws in the character. It was refreshing to see a writer have someone to challenge Batman and what he’d become in modern comics.

I’m happy to see they’ve tried to move away from the “Bat-God” trope. Snyder’s take on the character isn’t invincible. His Batman faced a lot of hardships. But seeing how he overcame those hardships and learned something from them rather than having a plan implemented before the fight even took place was welcomed.

5 Likes

This one is pretty good, too
11%20AM
From Wonder Woman #203 (2003)

5 Likes

I read that as “No one has the right to silence a debate with a mullet.

4 Likes

Well, mullets shouldn’t silence debates, either. I hear that’s why Superman started eating hair in the first place, actually

2 Likes

@TornadoSoup There was a period of time where Superman did indeed go to the dentist for a haircut.

1 Like

If Turbo Man was a comic (why doesn’t this exist?!), this would be one of my favorite lines.

1 Like

This entire series had me cracking up! Great finds, @Adamantine! :laughing:

2 Likes

None of you seem to ununderstand I’m not locked in here with you,You’re locked in here with me - Rorschach - Watchmen issue 6 (I believe)

Absolute classic, @Rorbat!

1 Like